• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jenner/ESPYs

MickeySP

Cruisin with sunnies & cold longnecks
if you haven't seen the video Google it. They are giving an award to a person who drove erratic & killed a person!!! Why? Because of transgender?

I think there are far more deserving people in the LGBT community more to honor.

He/She doesn't deserve it. There were 2 other athletes I felt deserved it more, including Noah Galloway and the girl who died who had cancer. I said the same thing
"All Jenner did was come out and claim he/she is the opposite gender. I rather see a kid get that award over him/her." My grandma laughed and agreed with me.

He/She doesn't deserve it. There were 2 other athletes I felt deserved it more, including Noah Galloway and the girl who died who had cancer. I said the same thing
"All Jenner did was come out and claim he/she is the opposite gender. I rather see a kid get that award over him/her." My grandma laughed and agreed with me.

The girl was Lauren Hill. Facing terminal brain cancer she raised awareness and millions of dollars to help other kids with cancer. Selfless act from a dying 18 year old girl. She passed away this year, but is still raising money through her organization and her parents. Class act family.

I'm too tired to think right now but I'm sure there are actors,singers, politicians, etc who have won awards that have also killed people.

There are tons of athletes that are allowed to win Super Bowls, world cups, the MLB award (see, I'm tired) who have committed crimes.

He/She is so far from deserving this award it makes me sick. I don't care that he/she decided to this but the ESPY's making a big spectacle out of it and giving him/her an award is ridiculous. College Basketball player Lauren Hill is so much more deserving of this award. She showed so much determination and inspiration to her teammates and others in her final year of basketball before passing and her accomplishments make Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner's look like a joke.

Add to that Bruce Jenner was an athlete ages ago. Recently he was famous only for the Kardashian train wreck to which he was linked. Then he decided to be a she and now is a courageous athlete? Nope. Ratings grab and a way to check their tolerance/liberal card.

I didn't read any of the responses as Caitlyn Jenner beating the others. People are simply expressing their opinions that they feel someone else would have been a better choice for the award.
When this was current news, a reporter commented that theses other individuals would be more appropriate recipients of this award, and social media ran with it. By the end of the day, the story got completely twisted, and people were outraged that these other athletes didn't get the same amount of votes as Jenner, when in fact, they were never even considered in the first place.

When this was current news, a reporter commented that theses other individuals would be more appropriate recipients of this award, and social media ran with it. By the end of the day, the story got completely twisted, and people were outraged that these other athletes didn't get the same amount of votes as Jenner, when in fact, they were never even considered in the first place.

No one said anything about voting. They said they thought other people would have been better choices.

What does becoming a transgender person have to do with sports accomplishments anyway? I mean if they wanted to give him and award for his sports accomplishments wouldn't it have been long before this?

Him? Caitlyn is a woman and deserves to be referred to as such.

I think she deserves it. Do you really comprehend how sports franchises/athletes/fans deal with people who are any thing except heterosexual?

They either play don't ask don't tell or the are harassed, ostracized, and basically driven out of their sport.

Even now it's all about disrespecting his ability, cause I'm pretty sure no one on this board can go out a win an Olympic decathlon, it's all about his gender and his current placement on TV.

So yeah I think it takes a lot of courage for an athlete, a MALE OLYMPIC athlete to come out embrace their difference and encourage others to be themselves and for the rest of the world to accept them.

I say good for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter