• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jellyrolls.. What time do we have to get there?

Fig414

Earning My Ears
Hi
I've read so many great things about Jellyrolls. We are going on Sept 27-30 and want to go after Epcot. Does anyone know how early we have to get there to get a seat on a Tues. or Wed. night? I know it seems like a silly question but we want to hang out there without the hassle of standing. Thanks for any answers.
Fig

Jellyrolls seems to pick up between 9:00 and 9:30. If you want a table, I'd say get there by 9:00. If you'd be fine at a bar stool, you could probably go pretty much any time and get one. In all the times I've been to Jellyrolls, there have only been a couple of times when it's been so crowded I've seen folks standing.

Also, you may want to plan it for Wednesday night. On Tuesday nights, cast members get in for free, so there are a lot of regulars who go on Tuesday nights, and it tends to be a bit more busy than other weeknights.

If you want to find out who is playing while you are there, go to www.thepianomen.com The schedule is released about a week or two in advance. I highly recommend trying to catch Scotty and Ray. They are fantastic! If you see Scotty, tell him hello for Karen from Boston :)

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Karen

I plan on visiting Jellyrolls for the first time this upcoming holiday weekend...plan on gooin after Epcot on Sunday or Tuesday...is there a particuar dress code or can partrons where shorts...does anyone know. Thank you.:bounce:

Whatever you wear to the parks is fine for Jellyrolls. Usually people are dressed very casually--sometimes you'll see ladies dressed to kill, but most folks come in whatever they wear to the parks that day.

Karen

There is a $7 cover charge at Jellyrolls, and it's worth every penny :)

Karen

Where and what is Jellyrolls? I have never heard of it before, and you have now peaked my interest.

Jellyrolls is a "Dueling Piano" bar located in the "Boardwalk" area along the water, right under Disney's Boardwalk Hotel. I went once, and now I'm hooked ... gotta get back there ;) (hi Karen!)

The pianists don't actually "duel", but they play to the crowd, all requests, sing alongs, they'll have people get up and dance, etc. It's very fun.

Eric, I have been responsible for more than a few Jellyrolls addicts in the past year or so :)

ChrisJo, it's a great place to spend an evening. Eric did a good job describing it. The piano players are fantastic. I highly recommend trying to catch Scotty and Ray--you can check out the schedule at www.thepianomen.com . If you see Scotty, tell him Karen from Boston sent you :)

Karen

If you don't mind a little bit more of a crowd, I highly recommend Tuesdays. We used to go all the time when I was on the college program, and having such a crowd always made it fun - especially later in the night. After midnight the place would really be rocking - people up singing at the tops of their lungs having a good time. We closed Jellyrolls many a night!

I was so upset when they closed the one in Pittsburgh!

Carrie

Originally posted by jkovick
When do they open?

The doors open at 7:00, and pianos start at 8:00. There is really no need to get there at 7:00, though, unless you want to get a jumpstart on your drinking.

Karen

DD,DS and I went this last thursday and boy did we have a blast. We arrived about 7:30 and we were given napkins and told whatever song we wanted played to write it on the napkin and give it to the piano player. Every song we requested was played. I was sorry when we had to leave at midnight, DS son was tired from our early flight that morning. So if you saw someone being drug out kicking and screaming it was probably me. This is my new favorite night spot at Disney. I'm trying to talk DSIS into going back with me so i can take her, she's afraid to fly so we'll see. My fav song of the night, the younger guy sang the Kermit song and he was so funny. I WANNA GO BACK:tongue: Susan

Originally posted by Poohs Pal
My fav song of the night, the younger guy sang the Kermit song and he was so funny.

That would be Scotty. Isn't he great? I'm heading over there tomorrow night, and he is scheduled to play :)

Karen

Karen; We really liked all the guy's,but Scotty was really great. Have a great time tomorrow. Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter