Jedi training - should I drop this reservation?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
I have a reservation for H&V at 8:50 on a day when the parks open at 9:00. The goal was to get there early to sign up for the Jedi training. I just noticed there’s a pre park opening ticketed event for TSL. I’m wondering if I should cancel my reservation because enough people will have already signed up from the PPO TSL event, or if I should be good. Any recommendations? Also, I’m assuming I’ll still be able to head over and sign up for Jedi training. Can anyone confirm if that’s still the case?

We did an 8:45 reservation and they were letting people in early for TSL as well, so I was worried but we got there and had our pick of all time slots. Even when we went by after breakfast, kids were still getting spots in most of the time slots. I don't think you'll have to worry.

Are you actually going to eat breakfast? If so .. that means you probably won't be in line until 9:30 or later. Should be fine. Seems like when they doubled the capacity with the second group it is easy to get spots.

I had a friend who even just "winged" it and showed up later in the day and was able to get his son in a spot where someone didn't show up. So there is that option too.

I guarantee (due to the seemingly high demand of this event) ... this will become a reserve 60+ days in advance paid experience that you schedule (like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique) once SWGE opens. Maybe you get to keep the robe or lightsaber or something.

Disney does not let something so high in demand slip by without making money from it.

EMM doesn't effect jedi form ups at all. Sign ups open at 8. People in tsl won't leave the expensive event to walk all the way to sign up, using up almost a third of the time to ride rides.

With the pop adr, though can enter at 8:00 to sign up and then go to h&v right away. All ppo reservations are first come first served starting at 8, regardless of actual time

EMM doesn't effect jedi form ups at all. Sign ups open at 8. People in tsl won't leave the expensive event to walk all the way to sign up, using up almost a third of the time to ride rides.

With the pop adr, though can enter at 8:00 to sign up and then go to h&v right away. All ppo reservations are first come first served starting at 8, regardless of actual time
Super helpful! Thank you!

I think the popularity of TSL has diminished the competition in getting the Jedi Training spots. There's more to do for kids at DHS now, and people are more focused on rope-dropping TSL.

We were there Jersey week, and my kids signed up in the afternoon. We park hopped over, and were heading to the Indiana Jones stunt show when I saw the sign stating there were open positions. I think at that point, there were only vacancies for the last two shows of the day, but as it was around 2pm, I was excited to find any openings. Plus it fit in between our fastpasses nicely. And then when we came back and were getting the kids set up with robes, etc., there was a waitlist of kids, and they all got to participate when some others didn't return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter