Jedi Training Oct 2018

marcar12

Mouseketeer
I know that in Sept of this year a lot of people had the experience of walking up at 10 or 11am (or even later) and getting spots for Jedi Training. We will be in Hollywood Studios this Wed and I am wondering if Oct guests have had the same experience, or if it is necessary again to rope-drop the Jedi sign-up since I think crowds have been higher this month than they were last month...

We stopped by around 12:30 today just to see if there was any availability and all shows and alternate spots were full.

We were there on October 3. This was a crowd level 2 day. We signed up for an 11:00 am spot. When we showed up around 10:30 they still had openings. One regret if our trip is taking the 11:00 am spot on a day with highs in the 90s. My two kids were pretty miserable and it just wasn’t as fun as before. In fact my son would have likely gone to the dark side for some shade and a drink of water. An evening spot would have been better!

I know that in Sept of this year a lot of people had the experience of walking up at 10 or 11am (or even later) and getting spots for Jedi Training. We will be in Hollywood Studios this Wed and I am wondering if Oct guests have had the same experience, or if it is necessary again to rope-drop the Jedi sign-up since I think crowds have been higher this month than they were last month...

Wondering the same thing for a trip in a couple weeks. OP, would love to know your experience this week!

One regret if our trip is taking the 11:00 am spot on a day with highs in the 90s. My two kids were pretty miserable and it just wasn’t as fun as before. In fact my son would have likely gone to the dark side for some shade and a drink of water.

We're planning on going in early May, I would have never thought of this...thank you!

We went last week (October 10) and got in line around 10:30. The earliest opening was at 4:20. That was fine but we almost were cancelled due to thunderstorms. In fact they had to cancel the 3:30 show and some kids were waiting for spots in our show but couldn't get them.

We went last week (October 10) and got in line around 10:30. The earliest opening was at 4:20. That was fine but we almost were cancelled due to thunderstorms. In fact they had to cancel the 3:30 show and some kids were waiting for spots in our show but couldn't get them.
Thank you for posting this question as I was going to post a similar question as well, I am currently trying to plan our upcoming trip :-) How long did it take you to get through the line when you signed up at 10:30? Do they still give out a paper fast pass to use later when you signed up?

Last edited:

Thank you for posting this question as I was going to post a similar question as well, I am currently trying to plan our upcoming trip :-) How long did it take you to get through the line when you signed up at 10:30? Do they still give out a paper fast pass to use later when you signed up?
The line took quite a while. I would say maybe 20-30 minutes. Technically only one person needs to stand in line I believe. Yes they gave us the paper confirmation to use for the return but they also entered the kids first name and last initial as the reservation. We were part of the 4:20 pm show and our paper confirmation/receipt said to show up at 3:50. Also just FYI, you dont have to be there immediately at 3:50. Some poor family came RUNNING up around 3:55 and the lady was like, yea no big deal. They just want to get the kids checked in and in their hoods before parading over.

The line took quite a while. I would say maybe 20-30 minutes. Technically only one person needs to stand in line I believe. Yes they gave us the paper confirmation to use for the return but they also entered the kids first name and last initial as the reservation. We were part of the 4:20 pm show and our paper confirmation/receipt said to show up at 3:50. Also just FYI, you dont have to be there immediately at 3:50. Some poor family came RUNNING up around 3:55 and the lady was like, yea no big deal. They just want to get the kids checked in and in their hoods before parading over.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter