Jedi training closed? [Update: False Alarm]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromKansas

Earning My Ears
Just read on Reddit that Jedi training is closing on the 4th. Any idea when the replacement will start?! We have a trip planned December 8-13. It was my daughter's must do!

Update: FALSE ALARM! Old article making the rounds again :(

Last edited:
Just read on Reddit that Jedi training is closing on the 4th. Any idea when the replacement will start?! We have a trip planned December 8-13. It was my daughter's must do!

Are you sure you do not mean the stage show? That is scheduled for rehab. I think you are confusing the 2

I almost cried....but I glad I read through the entire article and I am also glad our trip is months away. Sorry to all those that might miss it :(

Honestly I am sad it is closing but party of me is relieved it was the one thing we had to skip this upcoming trip and at least this way I do not have to stress about it anymore the sign up part i mean.

I am surprised they are closing it with such short notice.
While they say a new show will replace it, no word on when that will be.
One would think that they would have the new show ready to go and the new sets ready to be placed before closing the first show.

Given the popularity of Jedi Training and the number of people who have it on their must do lists, this seems like a terrible call on Disney's part. If they can't keep the old show running until the new one is ready, at least give more notice so people can adjust their plans or expectations. On of the reasons we liked HS was all the Star Wars attractions. Between this closing and the show being suspended during the concrete work, HS is looking less and less attractive for our early Nov visit. We'll probably go anyway to try the new Toy Story Land, but I wonder if there will be enough we're interested in to make it worth the full day.

The above article appears to be from 1st October 2015, as the same info was posted on another website at the same time. I’m very glad about this, as we are doing it on Monday!

Ok, good! Should we delete this thread somehow so I don't confuse anyone else with my nonsense?

Ok, good! Should we delete this thread somehow so I don't confuse anyone else with my nonsense?

Maybe go back and edit it, adding in a note that it seems to be old news and not this year? I wonder why they were talking about it on Reddit today.

Mostly I’m just very relieved though! I would have had two tantrums on my hands if it was true, one from the kid and one from my husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter