Jedi Training Academy?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I've heard that if I want the children signed up for this that we basically HAVE to be there at RD, correct?

How does it work? Are you able to sign up for specific time slots, or are you just assigned to a time, based on first-come, first serve? Where do you go to sign up and how long does it take?

Depending on when you visit DHS will depend on if you need to be there at RD. If it's SWW or a holiday weekend then be there way before RD so you are the front of the line. If you want the opportunity to choose your time slot as opposed to taking what's left, be there at RD. The slots are assigned first come, first serve. Goes really quickly as long as your youngling is willing to answer the CM questions. For times other than SWW, the sign-up is in the building that housed American Idol toward Star Tours. During SWW, they pre-queue on the left side of the street near Hollywood and Vine, then lead the line up to the real queue area at rope drop.

Yes, I'd say you pretty much have to be there at RD. We did JTA last week, during a moderate time at the parks (I think the crowd calendar for HS the day we went was a 4). We arrived at 8:15 and were at the front of one of the tapstiles. By RD (8:50 that day), there was a sea of people behind us. Obviously not everyone in that sea was heading for JTA, but the people at the back of the RD crowd who did want JTA had to get through the crowds.

We were among the first 20 or so people in line and were able to choose our time. (We wanted the 11 am slot.) Things booked up fast. By the time we returned at 10:30, there were only a couple of slots left at the 8 pm training, and someone signed up for those right as we got there. A note: it is HOT and shadeless where they do the training. The kids are in not-very-breezy brown robes. If it's a hot sunny day when you're there, I highly recommend going for the earliest morning training you can get, or otherwise something in the later afternoon/early evening when it cools down a bit.

Yes, I'd say you pretty much have to be there at RD. We did JTA last week, during a moderate time at the parks (I think the crowd calendar for HS the day we went was a 4). We arrived at 8:15 and were at the front of one of the tapstiles. By RD (8:50 that day), there was a sea of people behind us. Obviously not everyone in that sea was heading for JTA, but the people at the back of the RD crowd who did want JTA had to get through the crowds.

We were among the first 20 or so people in line and were able to choose our time. (We wanted the 11 am slot.) Things booked up fast. By the time we returned at 10:30, there were only a couple of slots left at the 8 pm training, and someone signed up for those right as we got there. A note: it is HOT and shadeless where they do the training. The kids are in not-very-breezy brown robes. If it's a hot sunny day when you're there, I highly recommend going for the earliest morning training you can get, or otherwise something in the later afternoon/early evening when it cools down a bit.

We're going the end of July so I was hoping for either first thing, or in the evening around the 8:00 one, before we head over for Fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter