• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi Training Academy: got a call from guest services

There are several things not showing up after October 3rd such as meet and greets, Citizens of Hollywood, etc. Once I see that JTA is left off this once everything else has been updated, I'll believe it. Until then, I'm joining Team Rumer.
But that's different because the CM have not been told it's cancelled. Entertainment schedules only come out 2 weeks in advance that's why you don't see times posted.

I suppose I am simply saying that lack of information has often sent folks to assume the worst. I don't know how valid these reports about CM's being told to clean out their locker's are. It honestly doesn't sound quite right to me. Is this suggesting they have all been fired/laid off? Wouldn't Disney simply relocate them elsewhere? I don't trust CM's on the phone at all. I have been given so much incorrect information from them that it is just silly.

Also, it may only be half the story. Maybe Cast Members were told the show is over, but not exactly when. Or maybe THAt show is over and a different one is starting. My whole point is there are a lot of variables, and while one perfectly valid scenario is that the entire thing shuts down on oct 4th and goes away forever, there is nothing official to support that. Just anecdotes and "I know someone who said" situations.

I wasn't saying that I had any secret info that it wasn't going anywhere. Or that I knew for sure Disney *would* make an official announcement. I was simply pointing out that there is a lot of speculation here, and I have seen that sort of thing lead nowhere enough times that I prefer to wait for something better than "A cast member told me"....
There are posters here, some who are cms, some who know cms, who have a reputation for giving very accurate information. yulilin, hiromyhero, and mesaboy2 are absolutely among the group who have a reputation of posting accurate information over a long period of time. I would not at all classify their comments as speculation. IMO, that's an insult to the time and effort they put into posting accurate, helpful information here.

ETA: I was in a bit of a hurry when I posted this, and I'm realizing it can come across as more abrasive than I meant it to be. I see now that you are new(er) here, and you may not have known the history/reputation those posters have earned over time. I am sorry for that, eXo.

Last edited:
I emailed when the rumour first came out and was told there was no scheduled closing. I only emailed because this is important to us with having 3 boys and given the closing of Hiro and Baymax.

The closing of Hiro and Baymax really upset me. I feel like they were barely there and my girls were so excited to meet them! I feel like HS shut down half of their part with no effort to add anything new or exciting for everything they are doing.

The closing of Hiro and Baymax really upset me. I feel like they were barely there and my girls were so excited to meet them! I feel like HS shut down half of their part with no effort to add anything new or exciting for everything they are doing.
I feel like there really not as many great caracter experience for the boys as for the girl.. Baymax.. gone. JTA..gonna be close.. MR indes at HS.. gone also.. Ralph..gone... my boy dont really car about Woody or buzz anymore and was really hoping for caracter for boys not kiddo

The debate on this thread over when something is "official" just proves that Disney does a poor job of communicating refurbs, closings, etc. While this may always have been the case, fp+ and ADR's are forcing visitors to plan their time way in advance. For example, my HS day for 10/28 has been planned around JTA since I made ADRs in April. I believe Disney needs to change how they communicate...but they won't unless a lot of people complain. Which is what I just did. I hope everyone else does also.

Last edited:
2 points...

1) Not going "official" might just give Disney the ability to float start dates. Maybe if they are not ready for a particular refurb, etc, they could bump it off a week, or more and some people get a little extra enjoyment.

2) Lets define OFFICIAL... when Disney releases a press release, posts on the blog, tweets, or makes some sort of open announcement that something is changing then its "Official"
everything else is varying levels of confidence in a rumor. You as an individual must decide for yourself what level of confidence in the rumor a particular piece of info gives you. Sure the CMs have been notified about something, ok, thats a fact, but it doesn't make the closing official, is simply makes the rumor more than likely true. On the other hand the "rumor" of Soarin going down for 6 months early next year isn't as confident of a rumor, even with the "CMs are being cross trained for the closure" note added, I still think its an iffy rumor. Now, when you can't get FPs for it, then the rumor becomes more credible.

When does JTA become "Official" most likely October 5th, when it has been closed a day and signage goes away, or some other physically tangible thing happens.

Disney just responded to my email. Sadly confirming that it will be closed Oct 4th.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Jedi Training Academy at Disney's Hollywood Studios is being reimagined with a new experience that includes new characters and a new villain from the popular Disney XD series, "Star Wars Rebels." To prepare for this, the current version of Jedi Training Academy will accept its last Padawans on October 4.

"Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple," will open at Disney's Hollywood Studios later this year.

At this time we do not have any additional information pertaining to other Star Wars offerings while Jedi Training Academy is closed for its transformation to Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.

How did I miss this? WHAT? When is this one closing? that show has been there forever!!!

I was referring to the closure that recently occurred while they were renovating the castle stage. Dream Along with Mickey reopened in August. But they never announced that it was closing before it went into refurb.

now that is really official.. do I keep my Hand V prepark or not? that was the main reason I took it!

I don't think they're doing a "poor job" as in they want to share information but are failing. The announcements, or lack there of, are deliberate. Knowledge is money, so as long as they keep a ride opening or closing date undisclosed, they will continue to fill their parks in a more distributed fashion. Once you announce a date for this or that, whether it be an opening or a closing, you'll cause spikes and lulls in the bookings revolving around those dates. We saw it w the SDMT opening. They don't post an official date till shortly before because they don't want people to plan on not being there the day before it opens. And new restaurant ADRs. One day they just show up.

Also not making the dates public or locked in gives them the flexibility to change the dates w/o being committed to this or that customer that will get mad if you post a date publicly and then change it. That way you can open the ride when you're ready, or run the JTA for an extra week or close it early if your resources become available sooner or later. It is deliberate that the dates are kept quiet up until they absolutely need to be posted.

now that is really official.. do I keep my Hand V prepark or not? that was the main reason I took it!

I was surprised that my family has voted to keep ours. It turns out the kids enjoy the Disney Junior characters more than I thought! Who knew? LOL. I figure if nothing else, the early ADR will be good for some nice pictures in front of the theatre, which we've never seen uncovered before (while the hat was down on our last trip, they had the stage up for SWW).

A new show??? We're going in Dec and JTA is all my son talks about! I'm in trouble if it doesn't reopen...

Hopefully the new show will be open when you go! Given the timing of the movie release I would assume your son will see lots of Star wars. Looks like "later this year" would imply that at least the new show would be in December. May the force be with you!:darth: (I'm hoping for thanksgiving LOL)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter