Jedi Academy Interview Questions

HollyB313

Earning My Ears
I keep seeing that kids are asked several questions before being allowed to sign up for Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios to ensure they are "up to the task". My kids can get goofy, particularly when put on the spot, but I know would do fine in the actual program. Can anyone share what exactly they will be asked or what they will need to "pass" the sign up interview so that I can prep them and let them know what to expect if they want to be allowed in? TIA!

I keep seeing that kids are asked several questions before being allowed to sign up for Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios to ensure they are "up to the task". My kids can get goofy, particularly when put on the spot, but I know would do fine in the actual program. Can anyone share what exactly they will be asked or what they will need to "pass" the sign up interview so that I can prep them and let them know what to expect if they want to be allowed in? TIA!
CMs just ask if they are ready to train and fight against Vader or Kylo. If a kid looks 3 years old or younger, they’ll ask them their age without intervention by parents.

It’s not that big of a deal. It helps to “rescue” kids whose parents are wanting them to signup when the kid has no desire.

I believe one of the questions my grandson was asked was "Can you be brave?" I reminded my grandson when he felt some apprehension later, that he had said he could be brave. There was another question too, but I can't recall it right off.

Yeah it's basically a fluff "interview" - they make sure the kid is genuinely interested by asking a question or two in character, but it's not something they could potentially "fail" unless it was abundantly clear they had no desire to be there.

I think they are also assessing whether they can follow basic instructions for the training. It is not meant to fail anyone. Don't worry about it.

Yep, it's only to weed out kids that aren't of proper age and to make sure they can at least understand what's being told to them (as in, enough English to follow instructions)
They can't fail unless either of those apply

CMs just ask if they are ready to train and fight against Vader or Kylo. If a kid looks 3 years old or younger, they’ll ask them their age without intervention by parents.

It’s not that big of a deal. It helps to “rescue” kids whose parents are wanting them to signup when the kid has no desire.

My daughter is 4 but when people ask her questions, especially strangers, she can get shy and won't answer or shrinks into herself. She can do the Jedi training especially since her brother will be there (just down the row from her as hes 12) would this be a issue?

My daughter is 4 but when people ask her questions, especially strangers, she can get shy and won't answer or shrinks into herself. She can do the Jedi training especially since her brother will be there (just down the row from her as hes 12) would this be a issue?

No. The "interview" is all the kids of the same family together. My bashful youngest did just fine in the interview with his older siblings at his side. I think a lot of people are overthinking this interview business but that's just my $0.02

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter