• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JBJB or Christmas Tree Trail

emily nicole

DIS Veteran
On our arrival night, we could do Jingle Bell Jingle Bam or the Christmas Tree Trail. Cost of park entry is not an issue. Which would you choose?

On our arrival night, we could do Jingle Bell Jingle Bam or the Christmas Tree Trail. Cost of park entry is not an issue. Which would you choose?
Seeing both would be nice.
But, if you only want to do one... Jingle Bell Jingle Bam.
It offers a "story" and is certainly much more of a "show."

I don't think I could pick just one! The Christmas tree trail would give you a slightly more relaxed start to the trip, you could eat at disney springs and take it slow. Going into the parks and watching JBJB would be a more hit the ground running approach to the start of the trip. You won't be disappointed with either.

Two different experiences. The scale of JBJB is much bigger than CTT.

CTT is a leisurely, go at your won pace, low-key type of experience. It lasts as long you want it to. You can arrive at DS whenever you want, take as long as you want at each tree, stay as long as you want, and go back again if you want.

For JBJB, you are on WDW's schedule. Depending on when you arrive in the park, you may be able to get a great seat/view if you are early enough, and want to wait, or you might arrive so late that you can't get a good view no matter what. And even if you arrive early, the relative height of those around you can impact your ability to see and enjoy the show. (My DW hates the experience of trying to watch these new projection shows b/c inevitably taller people arrive or stand and block her view.)

Yep, they're very different. The CTT is very pretty, and is a browse at your pace thing. Definitely worth the time, but not a big "production".

JBJB is a production, much like the other shows in the parks. I like it, though find it somewhat disjointed. The storyline is forced and doesn't flow well, IMO. However, it's still a cool show worth the time.

I’d also factor in where I was staying, how much hassle it is to get to each one, and how early I planned to get up the next day. We saw the first JBJB and hated it, but it sounds like maybe it’s improved some. The CTT got awful reviews the first year too, and now it definitely sounds better. Agree with poster who said it would just come down to energy management—how I wanted to start my trip.

If i had to choose only one of the two i would go with JBJB. As others have said, it is much more of a show. With the projections and the snow falling on Sunset blvd it makes for a neat experience.

I don't think we will have time to do both. Our days are pretty full as it is. Southwest changed our arrival flight from an evening one to a morning one, so that left us with more time on our first day.

We do have a DHS day planned later in the trip, but Mom's favorite show is Fantasmic, so I planned for that instead.

We are staying at POFQ so it is just a boat ride away to Disney Springs.

I booked the JBJB dessert party if that makes a difference... (will cancel if we decide on the Christmas Tree Trail).

Thank you all for the responses!

I’d also factor in where I was staying, how much hassle it is to get to each one, and how early I planned to get up the next day. We saw the first JBJB and hated it, but it sounds like maybe it’s improved some. The CTT got awful reviews the first year too, and now it definitely sounds better. Agree with poster who said it would just come down to energy management—how I wanted to start my trip.

I wasn't really that impressed with what I saw of JBJB on youtube but I figured it may be better in person... but maybe not...?

I wasn't really that impressed with what I saw of JBJB on youtube but I figured it may be better in person... but maybe not...?
We thought the “story” was so weak that it was just lame. When it was over, my kids said “that was it??” Of course I’m bitter that they swapped it for the SW show I booked my whole trip around. But I love Nightmare and Prep and Landing (and pretty much every Disney stage/fireworks show), and still found it awful.

I thought JBJB was just meh and not something I really care to repeat, but I didn’t do the dessert party. That might change my mind. I absolutely adore the Christmas tree Trail. I think it was better last year than the year before, and can’t wait to see what it’s like this year. They obviously put a lot of work into the trees and there is just so much detail, and that’s something I just personally appreciate a lot more than the projection shows. If you are staying close to Disney Springs I would make time to pop over and do it. It really doesn’t take terribly long.

I was really looking forward to JBJB last year. I thought it was meh. My kids weren't interested at all. We all enjoyed the Christmas Tree Trail (they plowed through it like, well like excited kids at Christmas). Take the boat over, grab a beverage, peruse the CTT.

I don't think we will have time to do both. Our days are pretty full as it is. Southwest changed our arrival flight from an evening one to a morning one, so that left us with more time on our first day.

We do have a DHS day planned later in the trip, but Mom's favorite show is Fantasmic, so I planned for that instead.

I booked the JBJB dessert party if that makes a difference... (will cancel if we decide on the Christmas Tree Trail).

I really enjoyed the dessert party. The variety of food selections and quality was good, if I remember correctly it included alcoholic beverages and Santa Goofy was there with a photopass photographer. And if you are coming in the morning, it makes sense to spend part of the day at HS especially with this new Tier 1 FP mess. You could schedule TSMM or TOT and get that out of the way.

We love the JBJB party. Have done MK many times and always comment that JBJB is so much more fun. It's the one thing we all really wanted to book this trip.

We've done JBJB a few years now. We are not impressed by it all, maybe partly because we didn't like Prep and Landing movie. But we'll watch anyway it if we're at HS just because it's something Christmassy to see. My kids did not even want to watch it at all last year because they think it's boring (it is), but I made them watch it anyway. :-) There's not much to the projections on Sunset Blvd either, we were done with it after about 5 min.
We did the Christmas Tree Trail last year for the first time. We had really low expectations of it and thought it would be lame - but we actually enjoyed it! So many trees!! We made sure to arrive to the CTT after the sun set so we could see all the trees lit up at night. They play music and "snow" falls every so often. We arrived to DS late afternoon so we could do the Stitch Scavenger hunt, then dinner at T-Rex Cafe (my kids favorite), then onto the CTT. All low-key stuff, but we had a good time.

JBJB dessert party is one of the best. If you booked that, then definitely do it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter