Jayden's had another migraine - since SATURDAY!!

jenr812

What happened to the tag fairy?
We need some prayers, please!!

Some history - my 8 yo son Jayden had cyclic vomiting syndrome starting at around 15 months of age. He would get violently ill very suddenly every 6 weeks or so, with high spiking fevers (up to 106). It would last for 2-4 days at a time. CVS is a precursor to migraine. When he was about 5, the "episodes" progressed to full-on head and stomach migraines combined. His longest migraine was in 2004 and lasted 7 days. He was on hydrocodone which basically kept him unconscious for the last 3 days of it (when I finally took him to the ER because he was listless). He is now under the care of a neurologist and gets migraines often; sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for several days, usually somewhere in between.

Fast forward to now - Jayden's had a migraine since Saturday afternoon, accompanied by vomiting and a fever that has yo-yo'ed between 104 and 99. His pediatrician sent him for blood work yesterday, and he has a neurologist appt Friday morning. His strep test was negative, ears are clear, etc etc. He hasn't been to school all week (he's missed 13 days this school year due to migraines) and has been sleeping 16-18 hours a day. I'm hoping we'll get him in for an MRI and CT next week.

He's not eating at all and isn't too happy that I'm forcing fluids, so he's not taking in much of anything at all. My concern right now is dehydration.

I appreciate any and all prayers and positive thoughts you can muster. He asked me the other day "Mama, when will I stop being so sick?" :( It broke my heart. And of course, he wanted to know why I can't fix him, since I am a nurse and I'm supposed to help fix people. Precious boy.

Thank you.

Jen.. it is so hard when they are little and so sick... I will add him to my prayer list. How do you explain to a little one why he is so sick all the time.....I do hope you get in for an MRI and catscan and maybe find out what the heck is going on... I hate anyone to be in pain, especially a child.

Hugs to you Mom, keep up the good work.

:grouphug: and prayers for Jayden. I've had minor migraines, but I can't imagine how much he has gone through. I hope they find something to help him.

:grouphug: I will pray for you and your son. I get migraines and often say to dh that I can not even imagine a child getting these. (my cousins daughter gets them). You son must be a tough little guy. Prayers to all.

We need some prayers, please!!

Some history - my 8 yo son Jayden had cyclic vomiting syndrome starting at around 15 months of age. He would get violently ill very suddenly every 6 weeks or so, with high spiking fevers (up to 106). It would last for 2-4 days at a time. CVS is a precursor to migraine. When he was about 5, the "episodes" progressed to full-on head and stomach migraines combined. His longest migraine was in 2004 and lasted 7 days. He was on hydrocodone which basically kept him unconscious for the last 3 days of it (when I finally took him to the ER because he was listless). He is now under the care of a neurologist and gets migraines often; sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for several days, usually somewhere in between.

Fast forward to now - Jayden's had a migraine since Saturday afternoon, accompanied by vomiting and a fever that has yo-yo'ed between 104 and 99. His pediatrician sent him for blood work yesterday, and he has a neurologist appt Friday morning. His strep test was negative, ears are clear, etc etc. He hasn't been to school all week (he's missed 13 days this school year due to migraines) and has been sleeping 16-18 hours a day. I'm hoping we'll get him in for an MRI and CT next week.

He's not eating at all and isn't too happy that I'm forcing fluids, so he's not taking in much of anything at all. My concern right now is dehydration.

I appreciate any and all prayers and positive thoughts you can muster. He asked me the other day "Mama, when will I stop being so sick?" :( It broke my heart. And of course, he wanted to know why I can't fix him, since I am a nurse and I'm supposed to help fix people. Precious boy.

Thank you.

This sounds so familuar!
My son was going thur something like this until recently.
His 4th or 5th Dr. sent him to get a scan on his heart! Low and behold he had a hole in this heart!!! He's 36!!!! Thats 36 years old!
We knew nothing about it until 2 jan and surgery was 8th! He has PFO.
No passing out ... no vomitting no headaches!
If you have to go that route... just check... I would have done everything to have this problem fixed when my son was little!
BTW... my son's name is Jayson.

Good luck and my prayers are with you and your family!:grouphug:

Ann

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter