• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Japan 2023

ghtx

DIS Veteran
Anyone think that Japan will be open to ABD tours by summer 2023, or to individual (non-tour) international tourists? We've been hoping to visit for a while, with or without an ABD tour.

We have been waiting to reschedule our 2020 trip. Ultimately decided it wasn’t worth risking it and are pushing off to 2024 or later. We can’t lose the cost of a Japan trip done up big.

Personally, I think it's *slightly* possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Japan is being super-duper cautious, and any little thing could cause them to close down again. Japan is amazing, and this is a *fabulous* ABD, but if it was me, I'd put it off until 2024. I am *so* grateful that I got to do this trip *before* the pandemic. Not so sure I'd be able to do it post-retirement and pandemic.

Sayhello

I do, but who knows to what extent things will be fully accessible? The experience may still be diminished also. Unless you simply cannot wait, I would personally wait until trips here start going again and THEN book if it seems worth it.

Our friends had a trip booked for this autumn but are having to cancel and I feel terrible for them.... our next planned trip is for the snowfest in Sapporo in early 2024. It feels ages away but I'm sure it will be time to plan earnestly before I know it! :)

I’m planning on my own for next July and cautiously optimistic. I would most likely book refundable things only and not book airfare until closer. I’m probably going to look into a plan B if I just don’t think it will open.

So far I have seen a lot of people saying it just might now open then and it’s better to wait for 2024. A lot of locals are against opening the borders. But looking at their economic situation, their politicians and business people want them to open. So it’s a wait and see game.

With recent announcements, I would be comfortable booking Japan for summer 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter