January vs May

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
We usually are in WDW in January. (marathon)
This time we will are also going in May. (The last week)
What differences should I consider?
I know to bring sun screen and bug repellient, which we usually don't have to consider. What else besides those two items and summer clothing should we keep in mind to pack that we don't normally?

I've been to WDW during both times of year (first and second week of January and last week of May). I like both times of year for different reasons.

Early January (January 2 and later) is not crowded at all, so you can get through a lot of attractions/shows with very little wait time. However, this time of year can be very cold, with nights going down in to the 10-20 degree range (days are about 40). If you can deal with the cold weather, the parks are not crowded at all.

May is just the opposite. The weather is perfect (80 degrees or so), but the crowds have picked up due to some schools letting out and Memorial Day. Crowds aren't horrible, but they are definately more noticable than in January. For example, Test Track, Splash Mountain and other major attractions would have a 60-75 minute wait in May as opposed to 15-30 in January or 90+ during peak seasons.

Hope this helps! :)

You may run into some school field trip groups at the end of May in WDW. I have a great knack for running into them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter