January 8-11, 2020 - am I crazy?

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
Thinking about an impromptu trip next week. Rooms are cheap across the street at one of my preferred hotels. I know Christmas will be done, and that’s fine with me. I hate small world so no loss there since it will be closed. lol.

am I crazy?

I realize this is the ultimate in privileged problems ... but we had a kind of crummy December and it may reboot my family before school on Jan 13.

We are Disney vets, so we know what we are doing. I have a companion ticket to burn and FF miles.

Any chance of a soft opening of Rise of the Resistance?

talk me into this. Or out of it. I’m in decision paralysis.

You should definitely do it! If you are DL vets, then you know what you are missing by not going!! I mean, what good reason could there possibly to not go?

Also, I’d bet zero chance of early RotR opening.

I'm not sure this is quite the right place to ask if you sincerely want someone to talk you out of a trip to Disneyland! Are you crazy? You ask like that's a bad thing! :) Of course you should go! So what if you don't get "everything" done in the parks. If just being there gets your family back to their happy place and starts 2020 off right, do it! And no soft opening for ROTR could be a good thing -- that's a reason right there to plan another trip!

I'm with theluckyrabbit - this isn't the right place to ask if you are crazy for booking an impromptu trip next week.

Thinking about an impromptu trip next week. Rooms are cheap across the street at one of my preferred hotels. I know Christmas will be done, and that’s fine with me. I hate small world so no loss there since it will be closed. lol.

am I crazy?

I realize this is the ultimate in privileged problems ... but we had a kind of crummy December and it may reboot my family before school on Jan 13.

We are Disney vets, so we know what we are doing. I have a companion ticket to burn and FF miles.

Any chance of a soft opening of Rise of the Resistance?

talk me into this. Or out of it. I’m in decision paralysis.
Here to 10000% talk you into it!! I did the same thing; booked a couple of days ago (using miles so I paid 11 bucks) to leave Friday night the 10th (land after 11), hit DL all day Saturday and Sunday and fly home Monday morning. (If you know a cast member who has a spot left, the CM preview of RotR is on the 12th.) :)

YES, YES, a thousand times YES !!!!!! GREAT IDEA !!! …… I want to go too …..... !!!!!

Definitely go! Crowds shouldn’t be too bad, it’s after Christmas comes down and most people will be back to work/school (not all, but a lot). We’re going Jan 8-9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter