• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 30, 2023 - Dream MDaS

ditchdiggert200

Mouseketeer
Good evening everyone!!! Just got the confirmation today that the protocols have changed again! One more step towards us being more excited about this trip. We (DW and I) have been wanting to do this cruise with our kiddos (13 & 10) since 2/2020 when we got back from our first trip on the Dream 1/2020. We are PIF, airlines booked, before and after hotel stays in Miami planned, Remy dessert booked and waiting for Character Meet & Greet's to post so we can grab those ticketed events.

Anyone else going to Miami to sail on the Dream for this specific sailing?

Just booked for this cruise. Our first Disney Cruise was the Star Wars Day on the fantasy - so we’ve been really looking forward to trying out the marvel day with our two boys (10 and 8). We’re going to also spend a few days in Miami prior to the cruise and are debating doing some more days in Miami after or heading to Orlando for a couple of more days of Disney parks.

Really looking forward to this one. Our original sailing was last February, but we ended up cancelling because concerns around travelling during COVID as lockdown measures hit our country again in late 2021.

I really wish this was a 7 day cruise - but I’ll take the 5!

I was curious about character meet and greet bookings. Star Wars day had bookings for individual meets, but I don’t see anything for marvel. Is that something that gets posted closer to the cruise date?

Welcome!! We were in the same 'boat' with our kiddos. We originally booked the Star Wars Day at sea for 2021 and ended up getting cancelled by Covid. Everything I've read and researched says the Marvel Day at sea is just as good or better than the Star Wars one. We have not done the Star Wars one and were severely disappointed when they announced Pixar Day at sea in replacement of Star Wars.

Yes, there will be Character Meet & Greets available to sign up for once we hit the 30 day mark. My understanding is there will be a lot of characters roaming the ship, but there will also bee the ticketed events. They're free, but you have to get a ticket for them (specifically in the past, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Groot, Black Panther). I read somewhere yesterday that the new Black Panther and Okoye will be there for these new cruises on the Dream.

Welcome!! We were in the same 'boat' with our kiddos. We originally booked the Star Wars Day at sea for 2021 and ended up getting cancelled by Covid. Everything I've read and researched says the Marvel Day at sea is just as good or better than the Star Wars one. We have not done the Star Wars one and were severely disappointed when they announced Pixar Day at sea in replacement of Star Wars.

Yes, there will be Character Meet & Greets available to sign up for once we hit the 30 day mark. My understanding is there will be a lot of characters roaming the ship, but there will also bee the ticketed events. They're free, but you have to get a ticket for them (specifically in the past, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Groot, Black Panther). I read somewhere yesterday that the new Black Panther and Okoye will be there for these new cruises on the Dream.

Thanks for the info - I'll definitely keep my eyes out for that 30 day window to book some meet and greets with the kids. Sorry to hear you never had the opportunity to try the Star Wars day - if Marvel is anything like that I know it'll be a blast!

FYI So, for the Meet and Greets, I found them to be posted in the "On Board Fun", opening up on December 31, 2022. After reading them and then reading on other posts in this board and in the DCL Fan facebook page, it seems that you CAN book each of the gatherings, but not more than once during the cruise. It's very confusing. At first it seemed like it was only ONE meet and greet total, not ONE OF EACH only once during the cruise. Others have signed up for all 4 of them for the duration of the cruise.

How was your "Booking night"? I was ready to roll at Midnight only to finally get the PAT and BG just after 2am. Disney IT ~:headache: Thankfully while waiting for some of the web traffic to clear out, the family was able to snag all 3 of the Marvel Meet and Greets & the Royal Gathering :cool1::banana::cheer2:

I forgot and luckily woke up at around 3am and was able to get my boys all the meet and greets. Glad to hear you were able to book everything you wanted as well. I’m a bit confused about the Boarding Group - i have an arrival time for 12 - 12:25, but am in boarding group 10. That seems like one of the later groups? Will we be waiting at the port for a while to get onto the ship? Basically wondering if someone who had a later arrival time, but an earlier boarding group number gets on the ship earlier?

Glad you woke up and were able to get Meet and Greets for you and your boys!!

Having only done 1 DCL cruise, and pre-Covid at that, my understanding is the PAT is more for getting through security, and getting the paperwork out of the way and things like that. The BG is then the order in which you can get on the ship, once they start the embarkation process.

Reading through some of the combos for times on our facebook group, there were times of 11:30-11:45 and BG 7, 12:30 and BG 14, and I thought I saw someone with a BG of 18. So it seems like you did pretty well with a 12:00p PAT and a BG of 10. And you got some sleep and weren't staring at a spinning blue circle for 2+ hours.

After reading the struggles, I have NO idea how I was able to snag an 11:00-11:15 PAT and a BG 3:confused3. Must have been refreshing at the right time:surfweb:

Well, 2 weeks out from traveling to Miami!!!! :banana:

Can't wait to be rid of the sub-30 degree temps for some fun in the sun!!! Park and fly reservation near the departing airport is made. Hotel reservation the day before embarkation is confirmed. My DW has been busy with the Cricut this last week. Room nightlight is made. Refillable water bottles are decorated. She just has a few Pirate night shirts to make for the kiddos. (I still have mine from 2020 cruise). We don't have a FE for the door, so Pixie Dust packages are almost done. Picture frames with matte around the outsidee are here for autographs. Room air freshners are ordered. Packing has started, but not finished yet. Dog-sitter is scheduled. I feel ahead of the game, but still behind the 8-ball all at the same time! 2 WEEKS OUT!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!! :cheer2: :cool1:

This is our first cruise with kids (9,6) and very first Disney cruise. I'm looking at the pre cruise onboard gifts. Anyone have input on if anything of them are worth it?
Also, is anyone on here doing the fish extenders for this cruise?

I haven't done any of the pre-cruise gifts through Disney, so I cannot speak about them for you. As far as FE's, there hasn't been much of any interaction on this thread previously so we did not make any. I know of another social media site that has a group for this specific cruise and there are a few FE groups there.

I haven't done any of the pre-cruise gifts through Disney, so I cannot speak about them for you. As far as FE's, there hasn't been much of any interaction on this thread previously so we did not make any. I know of another social media site that has a group for this specific cruise and there are a few FE groups there.
Would you be willing to share the site for the FE for this cruise?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter