January 30, 2005 Anyone?

Deb - it sure doesn't look too good for our "planned" :moped: early getaway Sat morning? Right now, the weather channel says ice for Atl, B'ham, and Montg. At the very least, it will be wet and nasty. I'm backing up our departure until around 7 (central), instead of 4. I was a little worried already about deer, but I can't handle DARKNESS and DEER and RAIN and ICE! Oh my!

Julie - BOTH of my sons have ear infections! And I'm trying to get over sinusitus myself (3 of us on antibiotics! 2 of us with shots in the heiny!) I've actually gone back and forth all day about cancelling. BUT, like your son, it doesn't seem to be slowing them down one bit. And surely (insert pwr of positive thinking here) I will feel more like myself by Sunday
(?).

As far as the takeoff/landing & DS's ears - make sure he is not congested (meds or Vicks), is awake, and maybe let him chew some gum (helps the ears 'pop'). Flying makes most people nervous-just remember it's safer than driving!

Is it me? Or does it seem like we have to struggle soooo hard for just a little R & R? Between convincing the spouse, PAYING for it, scheduling work and school, explaining to others why you're going to Disney AGAIN.....:charac2:
Thanks for giving me a chance to whine!

FLA or BUST!!!!!!!!:banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:!!!

liholi said:
Between convincing the spouse, PAYING for it, scheduling work and school, explaining to others why you're going to Disney AGAIN.....:charac2:

That is TOO funny! Why? Because I had to convice my spouse, pay A LOT for this trip, schedule a substitute teacher, get my boys out of school, and explain to others why I'm going to DISNEY AGAIN!!!!! LOL!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yes, it looks pretty gloomy for our Saturday morning getaway. We are still planning on leaving at 4 a.m., but I'm thinking we should change it to Friday night and hit a budget hotel somewhere on the south side of Atlanta.

I'm pretty bummed because we were gonna spend the day doing all the free Disney things like ride the monorail loop, ride the boat loop around Disney's Boardwalk, eat dinner at Beaches 'n Cream, watch the Electrical Water Pagent Parade along with the MK fireworks, and do DTD! You know, I CAN'T miss my Gharadhelli (sp?) ice cream sundae! It's a family tradition! :love:

Lisa, do you think backing up your departure time until 8 will let some of the ice melt? Just curious....you'll have to fill me in on your thinking (because I may need to use some of it)! :rolleyes:

What are (or were!) you guys planning on doing Saturday?

Deb

Sounds like you guys are having trouble getting here. Read on one of the threads from the Wonder today that they are requiring all passengers to clean their hands with antisceptic wipes before getting on the ship.Looks like they are really geared up for the Norwalk virus. So everyone make sure you insist the kids et al clean as often as possible.After all the planning doesn' make sense to be cooped up in the cabin.
Weather took turn and it's abit chilly this pm.But much better than last week.
See y'all soon and safe driving.

Dcanoli said:
Lisa, do you think backing up your departure time until 8 will let some of the ice melt? Just curious....you'll have to fill me in on your thinking (because I may need to use some of it)! :rolleyes:

What are (or were!) you guys planning on doing Saturday?

That's part of it. We take US 231 S, so there's a lot less traffic (to clear the path, so to speak) than would be for you on I-75. We're on the edge of the ice as of now, so I'm keeping a close eye on it today.

My concern (for you) would just be getting out of Atlanta tomorrow. When I lived in B'ham, they closed some major roads during an ice storm ('89 is the one I remember most). But according to the maps, it looks like once you're out of the metro area, you'll be in the clear. Well, except for the rain.

You know, this could cause a LOT of problems at the airport too.

We did not have any def. plans for Sat. Just to get there, stretch our legs, walk and look around at Pop, maybe go eat supper someplace at Crossroads, maybe DTD after that.

arlenesp said:
Read on one of the threads from the Wonder today that they are requiring all passengers to clean their hands with antisceptic wipes before getting on the ship.Looks like they are really geared up for the Norwalk virus. So everyone make sure you insist the kids et al clean as often as possible.After all the planning doesn' make sense to be cooped up in the cabin.

I'm ALL for that!!! It may be a little "overboard" (ha ha, I made a pun!), but I bought 2 cans of Lysol, and one pack of Lysol disinfecting cloths for our trip to fumigate our bathrooms in WDW and Wonder. I read that basically you spray like crazy, then close the door (or leave) for 10 min. to let it settle. Has anyone else ever read that?

Lisa-

I have never read that about the Lysol, but it sounds good to me. It would at least make me feel better mentally!! I have a bit of a germ phobia - yesterday when I took my son to the doctor I would not even let him out of the stroller and I used hand sanitizer on him and me 4 times. Needless to say, I will be the one on the boat with raw, red, dry, cracked hands!!! I hope you are feeling better by saturday. Those antibiotics can really do wonders.

To all of you - I am hoping for better weather than what is planned for some of you! Get out of there SAFELY!!!

Julie

:sunny:

Hey ladies, we just got home. Wasn't the cruise FANTASTIC?! Could we have asked for better weather?! I think not! Sorry I didn't make it for coffee on Monday morning, but we went on the Blue Lagoon excursion. The beach was great, but nothing compared to Castaway Cay. I had one of the open air cabana massages - it was heaven! We will definitely do another Disney cruise some day in the future.

How did you all enjoy your cruises?

Lindy

We had a good time on the cruise, too. We will have even more fun when my son is a little older (he's barely 2) and can do more of the activities. In Nassau we went to the public beach near Atlantis and enjoyed the sun. You're right, Lindy, the weather was so wonderful. I can't believe less than a week ago, I was in my bathing suit on a warm, sandy beach with a frosty drink in hand... :cloud9:
Castaway Cay was beautiful. We will definately cruise again a couple of years. They make your vacation so easy, there's nothing you have to think about except which desert(s) to try next!!

Julie :sunny:

p.s. It was great to meet Kathy (nanarn) - what a nice lady!! Wish I had met some others from the board!

Julie, it was nice to meet you also, and see you around the ship. I thought the weather was great(snowing today here in Denver). It was also nice to meet Lisa and her husband for coffee Monday, and Tomi at the "sail-a-way". We had a great time with the grandkids, but God does know what he is doing by giving children to the young!! Forgot how much watching they require!! Hope every one got home safe and sound. Julie, did you get your pillow cases back? Kathy

Hey girls! Glad to see some posts! This is the first time I've been able to get back on the boards!

I'm so bummed I didn't meet any of you! I looked for tatoos and green Mickey heads in the terminal, but didn't see any. (We got to board the ship FIRST!!! Little did I know that while I was registering the kids for their clubs, my MIL was talking to a CM about her upcoming surgery. To all our surprises, they told us to come through a side door and get on first!!! Wow! What a treat!)

You are all right; the weather was glorious! My 5-year old and I were up at 6-6:30 every morning and walked the promenade deck in our pjs to watch the sunrise! It was awesome; there were only a few other people up at that time of morning, and we had the whole deck to ourselves! One time, we even caught the crew putting out the anchor (or something like that...)....

We didn't use the kids' clubs at all; all my kids wanted to do was watch Disney movies in the stateroom, swim, and eat hamburgers and Mickey ice cream bars!

We toyed around with the idea of signing up for a 7-day to get the discount while we were on board, but these cruises are so expensive! We figured we'd better stick with a week visit to the World in the future to eliminate some of the "I'm bored!"'s next time! LOL!!!

I'm so bummed about not meeting anyone; I didn't look at our cabin list until we got back in our car AFTER the cruise because I didn't remember anyone else being on Deck 2. However, I quickly realized a few you were on the same deck we were! Darn it!

What dinner rotation did you guys have? We had PPTA...

Deb

We had the AAPT rotation and my daughter fell in love with our assistant server, Halide, from Turkey. She didn't speak a lot of English, but something betweeen her and my daughter clicked! It was really sweet.

Kathy-

I have yet to hear any more about the pillowcases. I can't believe how much it bothers me that I forgot to get them. It is completely my fault, I just didn't remember to go down to G.S. that last night with all of the packing and trying to get everything in before disembarkation morning. I hope I get them back, but we'll just have to see.

Take care.

Julie

hey guys, sorry we didn't get to see anyone either. we also had the ppta rotation.Had some good servers this time as well.Valentin and "Al".
We did do both palos and my dh had a good time with the chef.He was also using his scooter around the ship also.
We did book another for Sept. He doesn't really do much on the ship but loves it so much.
His oncologist took him off the treatments for a while as he thinks things are going well and after the cruise his brother and family came down.Whew!
So I am now playing hooky from work to unwind.Glad everyone has a good time and yes the weather was great.Castaway Cay was great. Next time we will do some activities. The water was way too cold for us Floridians.
Just noticed I need to change my countdown.

b&j's mom-Were the cases in a zip lock bag with your name included? If you had this info, hopefully you'll get everything back. I was pleased w/the way our pillowcases were signed. I originally wanted to add an iron on that said Disney Cruise and the dates and a picture w/the characters but I ran outta time to do that. So we just had plain white pillowcases and they were signed w/different color sharpies.

I missed everyone at the meeting whenever it was. I walked around the pool decks about 9:10 am on Monday morning and didn't see anything that looked like it was DIS.

We were in the TTAP main dining rotation. We went to Palo's brunch on Wed at 10 am. We also went to all the 8:30 shows. For anyone at the Michael Harrison 8:30 show my son was picked after the first little boy (who wanted his cousin up there with him) went to sit on the step. So my DS had the rope go around him somehow and he made him a purple balloon into what looked like an intestine and then a red sword balloon.

During the sail away party I saw some people who had a bubble gun was that anyone from here?

We enjoyed the pirate night and party.

When I get a chance I'm going to write more on the cruise review boards.

Thunderrd-

Yes, the pillowcases were in a ziploc bag with our last name and stateroom number on them. They had pictures of my kids ironed on them also. And I have to tell you - your son was GREAT in the Michael Harrison show!! He did so well! And so cute, too! My husband and I thought that show was the best, we really enjoyed it.

Julie :sunny:

All of my pics of him on stage turned out blurry. We saw Michael H. later the last day in the hall and got a pic of him w/my DS then. I laughed alot at his show and wanted to go to some of the others but we didn't make it to any. My son fell for everything he said to do on stage except for kissing the girl. When he first came back to his seat he told us the rope really went thru his body, really it did. Ok, I'm ready to go again.

Hi everyone! :flower:

We just got back early yesterday evening! We had a really good trip, barring a couple of meltdowns from the boys at dinner. They had moved us to early seating when we got to the cabin and got our dining tickets, so we tried taking them with us - BIG mistake. After 2 nights, DH and I had had enough and left them in the kids club, which they seemed to love. Our poor waiters tried sooo hard to keep them amused. Garreth in the OC was really good with them.

Wasn't CC awesome? Such a wonderful day! I really enjoyed it. We dug for a whales tooth at Monsto's Point, went for a bike ride and played in the sand too. I thought the food was pretty darn good at Cookie's.

Kathy - It was so great to meet and talk to you at the Cove. Thunderrd - I'm very sorry you didn't find us. We were inside Quiet Cove on deck 9 from 9-9:30. But we DID see your son at the show - his facial expressions were so great!!!

Has anyone booked another cruise yet? Besides Arlene?!

Unfortunately, it will be a while for us. I didn't mention it before now, so as not to be a downer, but I am being "displaced" from my job of 17 years, due to a huge bank merger. I'm ok with it (now), but $ will be much tighter as I've decided to be a stay-at-home mom, for at least the next couple of years. I find out this Thurs. my 'end of job' date, guessing end of April.

Hey! I can't believe, Thun., that was YOUR SON! LOL! We had an absolute blast at that show! My husband went to his other show on Wed., and he really enjoyed it a lot. You son was a hoot! ;)

And...guess what? WE WERE THE ONES WITH THE BUBBLE GUNS AT THE SAIL-AWAY PARTY!!!!! My two sons had them, and we brought along two bottles to give to other children that didn't have bubbles...

I think they were starting to annoy the others around us. I tried to get them to point the guns upwards, but somehow they just kept point them straight ahead! LOL!

That is just too funny isn't it? We were all right around each other and never knew it! :)

I saw you with the bubble gun.If the bubbles annoyed anyone.Too bad! you were having fun. I do the sail away on the 10th deck as DH can sit at the railing.
We were still stuffing our faces at 9am.Sorry we missed you guys.We got a late start on nassau day.
I saw mh's earlier show and it was great.We actually caught the end of his act at wavebands the night before.
I still haven't seen Hercules. Well there's next time.

I can't believe you saw us! I think we were the only ones with a bubble gun, which is a little weird considering I got the idea off these boards...go figure!

Anyway...to be perfectly honest about Hercules, I don't think you were missing anything...both my boys fell asleep. I don't understand why they even have that show. Why don't they do a show based on one of their POPULAR movies?

Sorry we missed you! Maybe next time! Deb

So you guys were inside the Cove Cafe, I did not go in there just walked around the pools. I would not have been able to stay long anyways because I had a tray of food to bring back to the room.

My DS is still talking about his appearance at the MH show. We keep teasing him about the trap door he was standing on and asking why he didn't take a hold of the sword sooner. :rotfl:

Bubbles are not that annoying IMO. I saw you guys from the upper deck where we watched the party. I brought bubbles but forgot to get them out.

I'm guessing you were also at the Pirate Party w/the glow in the dark necklaces? If that was you then we were close there. My DS's had the glow stick around their neck but one left the party early.

liholi-Sorry to hear about your job but on the other hand you get to spend more time w/your family now. I know the banking field from working in one for about 10 yrs and 2 mergers.

We booked a 7 day western cruise for 2006! :cool1: :sunny:

Check out some pics from the cruise shows
http://community.webshots.com/album/268788622wVpnbJ

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter