January 2024 Refurbs - World of Color, Grizzly River Run & Blue Bayou Restaurant &more...

Does anyone know how quick DLR is at taking down Christmas decorations, food offerings and character outfits - will everything be gone by the 8th? I’ll be coming the 12th.
Best you can probably hope for is some Christmas merch leftover at some gift shops.

Anyone have a theory for why on January 8 DL is not available for park reservations? DCA is available, but DL is not. That is the only day in all of January where DL is not available to reserve. I'm guessing that DL has limited the spots available for that day because they are changing over from Christmas decorations.

Anyone have a theory for why on January 8 DL is not available for park reservations? DCA is available, but DL is not. That is the only day in all of January where DL is not available to reserve. I'm guessing that DL has limited the spots available for that day because they are changing over from Christmas decorations.
They're holding spots for MKs for whatever reason.

Screenshot_20231224_144557_Disneyland.jpg

Somehow world of color one is happening starting January 19. Still sad about my race trip. 😭🤨
I'm sorry! That stinks to just miss out on something...I definitely know how that feels. Here's hoping your trip is still filled with magic!
:tink:

ETA: where are you seeing it's off the refurb list? I still see it for my dates at the tail end of January.

Update: I saw this on the WoC main page. So weird though, on my desktop it says January 18, but on my phone it says January 29. What are others seeing? Good ol Disney IT at it again!
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/entertainment/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-one/

Last edited:
I'm sorry! That stinks to just miss out on something...I definitely know how that feels. Here's hoping your trip is still filled with magic!

ETA: where are you seeing it's off the refurb list? I still see it for my dates at the tail end of January.

Update: I saw this on the WoC main page. So weird though, on my desktop it says January 18, but on my phone it says January 29. What are others seeing? Good ol Disney IT at it again!
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/en-ca/entertainment/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-one/
On my desktop I'm seeing on that page that world of color one is closed Jan 8th - Feb 29th

Supposedly Blue Bayou is opening the 20th also but I never did see reservations pop up, and I even have alerts turned on through a paid service... sigh.

Supposedly Blue Bayou is opening the 20th also but I never did see reservations pop up, and I even have alerts turned on through a paid service... sigh.
Same here. I haven't had one alert and I keep checking online. My daughter has never been and we were hoping to check that off her list this trip.

It’s more that Disneyland instagram posted it returning! I am not that upset, we have had a rough year of health issues so we are just happy to go. We are bringing our friend and it’s her first time so it would be nice for her to catch some of these things. Ultimately unable to run the race at this time so just the distraction of being in the park is nice.

Anyone have an idea about fireworks not showing the 12th? Seems odd to exclude that weekend but stranger things have happened.

Attachments

• IMG_6905.jpeg
    IMG_6905.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter