January 2024 Refurbs - World of Color, Grizzly River Run & Blue Bayou Restaurant &more...

You might see them test individual show elements but I doubt they’ll run through the entire show.
Thanks for the info. Looks like not much to see, and our room might be a park view either. There is a night available at the Grand Californian, looks like it’s not worth it to move for 1 night.

We are currently booked at the Disneyland Villas and will just stay there.

I'll be keeping an eye on this and my fingers crossed! I may add an extra park day to our arrival JUST so my wife gets to ride HM before it goes down, (we arrive on 1/21). The holiday overlay is her favorite.
We backed our whole vacation up a week because of this ! lol :rotfl2:

Due to our work schedules , its almost impossible for us to see the HM holiday overlay - EVER ! Since they postponed the closing so late this year, we are taking advantage of it, and will finally be able to see HM Holiday !
Bonus that IASW will be back open in full swing as well ( I think it re-opens 1/19 after the holiday overlay removal ) .

Haunted Mansion: January 22 to ???.

Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind: January 22 to ???.

Since there is a new Inside Out movie coming , rumor is they are adding a second spinning ride right next to the present one , with a different characters / theming . They are prob. closing the present one for refurb / que expansion and to build the new one right next to it. , but make it somewhat of a single attraction . Kind of like Dumbo in WDW, is what I am thinking.

Since there is a new Inside Out movie coming , rumor is they are adding a second spinning ride right next to the present one , with a different characters / theming . They are prob. closing the present one for refurb / que expansion and to build the new one right next to it. , but make it somewhat of a single attraction . Kind of like Dumbo in WDW, is what I am thinking.
Thank you for the important information. I had not heard that.

Well, its official - Haunted Mansion is going down on Monday January 22 . For how long is the question . Its not only for the holiday overlay removal this time .
On a side note , Noticed that - Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind is also listed as closed for refurbishment on 1/22 .
We will get to ride it then! Fantastic!

We're double booked for Jan 19-21 and 26-28, intend to only pick one weekend to go.

Thoughts on 26-28 being less crowded than 19-21? I'm thinking there will be a last minute crush of folks wanting to go on HMH before it goes down.

We're double booked for Jan 19-21 and 26-28, intend to only pick one weekend to go.

Thoughts on 26-28 being less crowded than 19-21? I'm thinking there will be a last minute crush of folks wanting to go on HMH before it goes down.
I do not think either weekend will be crowded. If you want HMH go the 19-21.

Lunar New Year starts on Jan 23rd if that is a draw for you. It may also bring vloggers/streamers for that first weekend, hoping to get a first look at the new offerings, so there may be a bit more crowding at DCA.

Like @joseph821 said, if HMH is a priority, definitely pick the earlier dates.

I do not think either weekend will be crowded. If you want HMH go the 19-21.

Lunar New Year starts on Jan 23rd if that is a draw for you. It may also bring vloggers/streamers for that first weekend, hoping to get a first look at the new offerings, so there may be a bit more crowding at DCA.

Like @joseph821 said, if HMH is a priority, definitely pick the earlier dates.

Thanks y'all, I think weather will be the primary driver of when we go. If we have a clear weekend on 19-21, we will take it. Even if 19-21 is slightly more crowded with people bidding farewell to HMH, at least that ride will soak up a lot of traffic throughout the day.

Damn I didn’t realise WOC was going go to be down! Coming over for my birthday damn! It is a little cold to watch it on a January evening. WOC always seems to be down when I’m in town.

Does anyone know how quick DLR is at taking down Christmas decorations, food offerings and character outfits - will everything be gone by the 8th? I’ll be coming the 12th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter