****January 2024 planning thread!!!

That's unfortunate... Fantasmic! is already down too of course and won't be back till May. Hopefully its not too windy and they cancel fireworks on top of it all... :(

We'll be there 1/25-1/28 as a makeup for last year. I ended up getting food poisoning at home and having it hit right as we landed... knocked me out the first couple days and I could barely eat until our last night.

That's unfortunate... Fantasmic! is already down too of course and won't be back till May. Hopefully its not too windy and they cancel fireworks on top of it all
And theyā€™re saying Magic Happens wonā€™t be back until February. Why am I flying 3000 miles again?

And theyā€™re saying Magic Happens wonā€™t be back until February. Why am I flying 3000 miles again?
Iā€™m sorta having similar thoughts right now. Makes me wonder if they are offering the kids discount tickets during this time to ā€œcompensateā€ for the lack of entertainment. Too bad for us who bought our tickets before the deal was announced, and only 1 of us qualifies for the child ticket anyways. I was ok with no Fantasmic (although disappointed), but now no WOC either? Those nighttime shows are a big deal for my kids (and me) :(

We usually go to the parks in November (well, the 2 other times we have been), but that wasnā€™t going to work out this time so thought weā€™d try January/February. Knowing that a few things would be closed during this time, but not expecting BOTH nighttime shows.

Last edited:
When we went in Feb 2015 the following was closed :

Muppet 3D
Entire condor flats area was walled off between the entrance and the hotel and blocked including grizzly river run, soarin, shops and dining.
Entire critter country was walled off past haunted mansion including splash, Pooh, shops and dining
Matterhorn
Luigiā€™s flying tires (now the dancing cars)
Peter Pan
World of color lagoon was empty
Railroad
Castle was behind a tarp and walked off (announced about weeks ahead)

It was a great trip but sooooooo crowded due to all the closures. We waited 60 minutes for jungle cruise on. Feb Tuesday at 9AM!

Iā€™m sorta having similar thoughts right now. Makes me wonder if they are offering the kids discount tickets during this time to ā€œcompensateā€ for the lack of entertainment. Too bad for us who bought our tickets before the deal was announced, and only 1 of us qualifies for the child ticket anyways. I was ok with no Fantasmic (although disappointed), but now no WOC either? Those nighttime shoes are a big deal for my kids (and me) :(

We usually go to the parks in November (well, the 2 other times we have been), but that wasnā€™t going to work out this time so thought weā€™d try January/February. Knowing that a few things would be closed during this time, but not expecting BOTH nighttime shows.
With Fantasmic closed it really sucks they would also close WoC. I thought for sure it was going to be a situation where they run WoC until Fantasmic is back at least.

The dates we're going are pretty set in stone and this will likely be our last trip in several years, so we'll have to make the best of it!

Last edited:

Had to change our Thanksgiving trip to January so will be there the 2-7, staying at the GCH. My countdown went from 4 days to 50 when we changed.
The countdown changing must be ROUGH! If we were 4 days out and had to change to 50 I might have broken down :faint:

At least you'll get the holiday theming still and it should be way less busy at the parks, (I'd imagine after the new year there will be less people).

Hope no one is looking forward to WoC....it's down from Jan 8 to Feb 29. "Perfect" timing for those of us there for Race weekend. Really disappointed at the timing.
I was looking forward to it. Booooo. Now to try to get a blue bayou reservation instead. I need some pixie dust for this one.

Check out this thread about January closures! Also saw that Haunted Mansion will go down Jan 22. Bummed about that because our park days are 23-24.. but my kids donā€™t like it anyways (theyā€™re little, Iā€™ll allow it.. for now šŸ˜‚)

Waiting to see if there will be any entertainment news for the month..

Hey January peeps !
Disneyland just released some discounts for Jan, Feb , Mar FINALLY ! Just rebooked our Jan 20-28 reservation for DLH and save a bunch of $$$ !
Check your dates and see if you can snag a discount !!!!!
They are "room only" discounts , btw .
And they also released discounts for Disney Visa card holders that are even better than the "regular" room discounts!

I got an email from Chase Disney Visa but if you didnā€™t get an email, you can call the main reservation number and ask about those discounts. You do have to book and pay for the room reservation with the Disney Visa Card.
Thanks !

EDIT - Just wanted to thank you again for the heads up on the Disney Visa discount . Just rebooked (again ,lol) and saved a ton of $$$ , above and beyond the standard discounts they just came out with ! Staying at DLH , this time around ! Although the discounts at Grand Cal , were really good too, we have stayed there twice now, and want to give the DLH some love as well !

Its starting to feel real ! Guess I will have to order our park tickets soon !

Last edited:
I got an email from Chase Disney Visa but if you didnā€™t get an email, you can call the main reservation number and ask about those discounts. You do have to book and pay for the room reservation with the Disney Visa Card.
Thank you so much for the details!

Just saved ~$1000 for our stay at GCH, so I'm pretty stoked about that :yay:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter