January 2022 Trip Reports

Teamubr... They recently opened a new Buc-ees in Adairsville, GA about an hour from the GA/TN state line on i75... worth a stop if you have never been and if you have, then its a no brainer.. ;)

One race done. This was the easy one. Ran with a friend from run Disney boards. We talked the whole time which was good we stayed slow. 66:10. The good thing is everything is holding up well. I did forget that the standing around for 1.5 hours before you start makes you tired. Need to sit on Sunday morning.

View attachment 636633

View attachment 636634

Kris, did the 10k have any characters along the route to pose for pictures with? Or if so probably "socially distanced"? In my past Half and Wholes, I never felt like I had the spare time to stand in line for a character photo. But since there is no time limit on the 5k/10k, I wondered if the characters (some) were out.

Glad you feel good afterwards.

Ed

@bama_ed yes characters and you could take pics, some were a bit socially distance and others no issue. Characters I remember seeing, Alice, Rafiki, green army men, Buzz, and Pooh. There were others. I did not stop for them some lines longer than others.

I did move up my BF ressie from 10 to 9 and after that I took a nap till 8:40. I will say I am still sleepy tired but no more nap need to sleep early tonight. We have another early morning.

BF was at Trattoria al Forno on the boardwalk. I had an omelette and Bert French toast. It was good. I did think Bert’s French toast was better.

B6160828-2E22-42F1-892B-9082D95B9263.jpeg

C2300474-DA2B-4C90-94F2-E2BFF9E75867.jpeg

we have time to kill till our run dismeet at 2. Probably go ride the skyliner. Weather is beautiful today, cooler, sunny and low humidity.

Jim - Sorry about the garage doors. Thanks for the weather update & safe travels to you all.

Kris - Congratulations on race one done! 66 minutes, eh? That’s impressive, I’d fall over and start crying around 6 minutes in. Lol! The metal is pretty! You must have a wall of these. That’s something to be proud of for sure.

Barb - Hope the drive north goes smoothly.

Well we didn’t make it very far yesterday. Leaving late late afternoon combined with shear exhaustion set in. I’ve had a mile long to do list that has seemed to linger over my head for awhile now. From some reason my motivation to get stuff done is directly connected to a Disney trip.

Need to clean behind your appliances?
Book a trip to Disney.
Need to organize every shred of clothing?
Book a trip to Disney.
Vehicles need oil, tire rotation, deep clean?
Book at trip to Disney.
Need to clean every square inch of everything cause you’re a lunatic?
Yeah, that’s right….
Book a Disney trip!

Stuff will get done!!!

Because of so many weather/road issues, we just stopped off at a campground in Marion, IL for the evening.

We are on I55 in the boothill area and the roads are clear now, but there are cars on the side of the road in piles, semis, trailers smashed and lumber and materials scattered. Even a camper. This looks like all from last night. It appears many had issues. The police reported that it wasn’t so much the roads, but the lack of capable drivers and people that lack common sense. So here’s to what I hope will be a day of progress and also uneventful at the same time.

I’ve got my Mickey crocs on and there is snow on the ground. Something is not right here, I need some sunshine!!!

Jim - Sorry about the garage doors. Thanks for the weather update & safe travels to you all.

Kris - Congratulations on race one done! 66 minutes, eh? That’s impressive, I’d fall over and start crying around 6 minutes in. Lol! The metal is pretty! You must have a wall of these. That’s something to be proud of for sure.

Barb - Hope the drive north goes smoothly.

Well we didn’t make it very far yesterday. Leaving late late afternoon combined with shear exhaustion set in. I’ve had a mile long to do list that has seemed to linger over my head for awhile now. From some reason my motivation to get stuff done is directly connected to a Disney trip.

Need to clean behind your appliances?
Book a trip to Disney.
Need to organize every shred of clothing?
Book a trip to Disney.
Vehicles need oil, tire rotation, deep clean?
Book at trip to Disney.
Need to clean every square inch of everything cause you’re a lunatic?
Yeah, that’s right….
Book a Disney trip!

Stuff will get done!!!

Because of so many weather/road issues, we just stopped off at a campground in Marion, IL for the evening.

We are on I55 in the boothill area and the roads are clear now, but there are cars on the side of the road in piles, semis, trailers smashed and lumber and materials scattered. Even a camper. This looks like all from last night. It appears many had issues. The police reported that it wasn’t so much the roads, but the lack of capable drivers and people that lack common sense. So here’s to what I hope will be a day of progress and also uneventful at the same time.

I’ve got my Mickey crocs on and there is snow on the ground. Something is not right here, I need some sunshine!!!
Drive safe, Melissa and family. Came upon a horrific crash near Ocala, and were stopped for one hour. enjoy, we’re so sad the days passed by.

Kris - that looks amazing; the omelette and French toast! Something new to see and explore would be nice. Past ones seem to always be filled with park stuff or fort stuff.

Question about the skyline, do you have to have park tickets for this?

Buc-ees
It’s like Walmart and Cracker Barrel had a baby that grew up to marry Texas. Lol.

Teamubr... They recently opened a new Buc-ees in Adairsville, GA about an hour from the GA/TN state line on i75... worth a stop if you have never been and if you have, then its a no brainer.. ;)

Kris - that looks amazing; the omelette and French toast! Something new to see and explore would be nice. Past ones seem to always be filled with park stuff or fort stuff.

Question about the skyline, do you have to have park tickets for this?

Buc-ees
It’s like Walmart and Cracker Barrel had a baby that grew up to marry Texas. Lol.
No park ticket needed to ride the skyliner. I would bus to the studios and pick it up there and ride around.

After breakfast we walked the boardwalk and then went back to the room. Bert took another nap. I don’t nap well so I did not. I puzzled on my iPad. Then we did the skyline tour and walked around Art of Animation. It was fun and killed enough time to our meet. we stayed until 4:30 and then back to the skyliner to head to the Riviera resort. We had dinner at Topolino’s it was really good. Food, atmosphere and view were on point. We had a ricotta cheese appetizer and octopus. Dinner was Sole Meniuer for me and lobster linguine for Bert. Excellent views.

64F36E75-628B-4C51-B846-27F4138A3405.jpeg

757C73C8-7104-4375-9B04-93C710D62780.jpeg

36CEEAD2-FA62-4622-BE8F-B329BF775DE1.jpeg

0DC6B0E6-97A8-4F07-8A5F-AA15D9BC18EC.jpeg

6F1C86E5-898B-47BE-8D7A-2382051DA38A.jpeg

781A9907-83D4-44C7-A8B6-47A4E00A359D.jpeg

now we are getting ready to sleep.

Toppolino's looks good. We may try that one.

My last meeting finished up about 3:50 and we were on the road at 4:15.

20220107_155519_copy_2304x1296.jpg

We made good time. I don't mind night driving. Less traffic and usually people just trying to get to point B.

20220107_172555_copy_2304x1296.jpg

Arrived in Clarksville about 8:15. Filling up the fuel tank now.

There is a Sam's right here. I was planning on topping up on fuel at Sam's, but they are closed. I thought I had a full tank when I parked the coach in storage, but it seems I was at least 10 gallons short. No worries.. Plenty of fuel to make Buc-ee's tomorrow.

There are a couple of semis on the Sam's lot. We'll probably join them instead of the Cracker Barrel across the street. The lot is much bigger over here.

It's cold. 15 right now. The furnaces will get a work out tonight.

j

View attachment 636892

We made good time. I don't mind night driving. Less traffic and usually people just trying to get to point B.

View attachment 636893

There is a Sam's right here. I was planning on topping up on fuel at Sam's, but they are closed. I thought I had a full tank when I parked the coach in storage, but it seems I was at least 10 gallons short. No worries.. Plenty of fuel to make Buc-ee's tomorrow.

There are a couple of semis on the Sam's lot. We'll probably join them instead of the Cracker Barrel across the street. The lot is much bigger over here.

j

When we topped off last year after a few trips and then at the end of the season, my tank is either smaller or the way it is plumbed, it does not quite seem to hit a true full.

Glad your trip has been uneventful so far and continues to be.

Kris - Octopus sounds interesting. The photos and views look great! I’m glad to hear we can do the skyliner without tickets. That will be something new for us and I hope we get over there to do that.

Jim - safe travels tomorrow and I would have joined the semis over there too. Safety in numbers!

We are down here at an RV park in Dothan’s. Tomorrow we drive to Jacksonville for the day and then check in at The Fort on Sunday.

Last edited:
good morning campers. It’s 2:30. None of you are up but we are. Bert’s turn this morning. He woke up in the middle of a sleep cycle so he is moving slow but moving. I get to lay in bed and go back to sleep when he leaves.

View attachment 636892

View attachment 636893

j

Supposed to get to 48 degrees today by the time your passing by me (Canton, GA). Pick me up a pecan log at Buc-ees! :)

Bert is moving 😂. I keep laughing because I am like I will be the exact same tomorrow. We had breakfast at Homecoming. It’s a staple we do it Saturday after the race. We had the usual short rib hash for Bert and hallelujah biscuit for me. I did not run so I left food on my plate, funny Bert cleaned his and picked up a few of my leftovers. We are hanging at DS. I have a virtual line for Gideon’s.

The medal is a spinner with Daisy on one side and Donald on the other.

74A43816-2B1C-41D7-B4A5-41ABAA3270E5.jpeg

66111D9D-86C2-40EE-837C-A490684F6BAA.jpeg

Breakfast and yep got him blocking the medal.

EC273FDE-F2FF-495D-AA19-5839CC15074C.jpeg

37921B5B-2751-4517-A02E-A6877EEC24E7.jpeg

We even got a Marathon discount at Homecomin saved 20%. While I am not a huge fan of Gideon’s cookies there is one I like and I love the cake. I was able to get two coffee cake cookies, great with um coffee, and two of the January special, which was a banana bread chocolate chip cookie, never had it but after a marathon bananas are highly recommended. Also a piece of Oreo cookie cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter