***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Yes, we've been to POFQ our first three trips. We also did a split stay, staying at WL for five nights (loved it!).

We both love POFQ: the theming, smaller resort size, one bus stop, boat to Disney Springs, short walk to POR. We just feel at home there. Our first visit Jan-Feb 2017 was 17 days. It was going to be a once and done trip to WDW. Well that didn't work out! We've visited several resorts, including all the deluxe, and still love POFQ the most. It just works for us. We're from the west coast so we don't visit WDW as often. We've been to Disneyland too many times to count. Love them both!
I’ve only been once but originally the plan was a split stay with POFQ and AoA. We had to reschedule for a hurricane shut down and ended up with a multi split between Pop, AoA, and CS. That was wild but fun to try so many resorts but POFQ is still on my list!!!

Has anyone given any thought to transportation since ME will be going away in January? We're renting a car so that we have one available for our family trip, but we still need to arrange for transportation to and from and the airport for everyone else. Mears hasn't announced anything yet for Mears Connect, so I think we might just look into using a private town car service.

With some of the speculated pricing of Mears Connect over on the Transportation board, it made more sense to book a town car. We went with Tiffany Towncar Service.

We just closed our DVC contract! :lovestruc Booked a split stay 1 Bedroom Beach Club and the Cascade Cabins at Copper Creek!! We have stayed at Boardwalk but this is our first time at Stormalong bay and our first at Copper Creek.

Revised: 1/29-2/5! Hoping for lower crowds:rolleyes:

Last edited:
We have booked my son's graduation trip for Jan 29 - Feb 6th. Currently have the Gran Destino Towers booked but may change depending on what other resorts become available. I am hoping to get a cap and gown pictures done at Hollywood Studios. He fell in love with all things Tower of Terror and that has influenced his choice of major.

Staying at Royal Pacific in Universal from 1/26-1/29 and at BWV from 1/29-2/10. Super excited, I haven’t been to WDW this time of year in over 20 years (we always go the two weeks following thanksgiving). Im so excited things are returning to normal and I’m so looking forward to this trip!

We have booked my son's graduation trip for Jan 29 - Feb 6th. Currently have the Gran Destino Towers booked but may change depending on what other resorts become available. I am hoping to get a cap and gown pictures done at Hollywood Studios. He fell in love with all things Tower of Terror and that has influenced his choice of major.
What's his major?

We are booked at the Beach Club Villas from January 22-30, 2022! So excited. We have not had a Disney fix since November 2019 before Covid. Just a little bummed the skyliner will be down most of our trip but this is mostly a resort only trip except for a VIP tour I am booking and another day or two which will be spent between Epcot and HS. Looking forward to soaking up the Boardwalk atmosphere and relaxing - just me and DH. Can't wait!

As far as transport since DME will be gone, we are using Tony Hinds shuttle service or Tiffany Towncar Service.

My husband and I are booked at BWV from Jan15-22 and went "points that will expire?! Can't have that!" and added one more night at BLT on the 22nd. We're just back from a trip with my entire family for my parents 50th and we're looking forward to the differently paced trip of just the two of us. Of course, we invited another couple to join us, but her health issues have them unable to commit right now, but it'll still be probably more an "our" paced trip. Zero regrets for going with my family, though! Lots of regrets for the month of June, however. ;D

Very impatiently waiting for more info for the EMH. We usually do a split stay and plan our park days accordingly. Between that and flights not being out until September the planner in me is dying to get started!

My DH and I will be at BWI Dec 30 - Jan 3, WL Jan 3 - 5, CR Jan 5 - 7, and Royal Pacific or Portofino Bay Jan 7 - 9. We might be joined for the last few days by a good friend so we haven’t booked our Universal hotel yet, but WDW is locked. The parks are going to be packed to the gills and the return of the Marathon Weekend will only add to it, but those dates worked the best for us. SO excited! It’s our first trip since 2018.

We will be arriving on the 1st and then leaving on the 8th. We are traveling with husband’s family (there are 10 of us total). This is out first trip back since 2015! Staying at WL and can’t wait. Already planning everything.

Just booked a 2BR at Saratoga Springs for 1/1-1/8... so excited! It will be me, wife, and 3 college age kids (oldest will have just graduated). It will have been almost 5 years since we have been there with all the kids - this is gonna be great!!!

Has anyone given any thought to transportation since ME will be going away in January? We're renting a car so that we have one available for our family trip, but we still need to arrange for transportation to and from and the airport for everyone else. Mears hasn't announced anything yet for Mears Connect, so I think we might just look into using a private town car service.

Last time I was down I skipped ME and got a car service. It worked out better since it was just me and was totally worth paying for it to get more time in my day to spend in the parks. The driver was waiting for me inside, got my bag and took me right to the car service parking area. I was out of the airport in minutes instead of waiting for ages for a bus. I used http://www.fltours.com/. I'm not sure if I'm going to do car service this trip or just get a Lyft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter