January 2022 Car Rental Thread

If anyone has Tickets at Work, try pricing a car out through one of their partners. I am going in January at the best rate for an intermediate SUV was through their discount. I booked through Alamo.

If anyone has Tickets at Work, try pricing a car out through one of their partners. I am going in January at the best rate for an intermediate SUV was through their discount. I booked through Alamo.
Looked at it, some very good deals if you're willing to pre-pay. I am not. I could have gotten a Minivan from Hertz on a pay later for $15 more than my Premium reservation from Autoslash. If I needed a minivan it would be pretty good deal.

I'm down another $40 on my 1/25-30 rental to $325 for a Minivan from Hertz. The cheapest vehicles on Airport according to Autoslash were Hertz Pickup truck, Minivan, then Premium sedan. I may end up hauling a few people on this trip so took the minivan over the Premium sedan.

I'm down another $40 on my 1/25-30 rental to $325 for a Minivan from Hertz. The cheapest vehicles on Airport according to Autoslash were Hertz Pickup truck, Minivan, then Premium sedan. I may end up hauling a few people on this trip so took the minivan over the Premium sedan.
Autoslash is great!

Autoslash is great!
They've saved me thousands over the three years I've been using them. And my rental is already down another $20 since I booked it.

ETA: Previous price was AAA, new lowest price was Delta SkyMiles discount code.

Last edited:
They've saved me thousands over the three years I've been using them. And my rental is already down another $20 since I booked it.
You may have been the person who posted something about them that made me check out their site- so thank you! I saved over $130 from when I first booked until the actual reservation I kept. And it was more than half off of the cost advertised directly on the rental site. Hope you get an even better deal!

Got my Alamo rental for $320 today through Costco....best before was always in the $500's.

anyone every use turo ? its like air b&b but for cars? looking for some feedback
What I've gleaned from FlyerTalk it's very rarely worth it. Unless you just want to try driving an exotic, for travelling it doesn't work out all that well. Trying to pick up the car can be inconvenient, you have no idea what the shape of the car is going to be and if anything goes wrong you're on your own. Credit card insurance doesn't apply, so you're on the hook with your own insurance for it, which may decline since it was a commercial transaction. I looked into it when rental prices were sky high, but the added two or three hours and additional cost to even get to where the vehicle was made it not worth the price difference.

My 19-day rental starting January 5th is down to $869 for a full size sedan, booked using Costco/Alamo.

anyone every use turo ? its like air b&b but for cars? looking for some feedback
I can´t offer you firsthand experience which I know you are looking for, but the snippets I have read were not raving. Since you are traveling with two babies (which I think you mentioned on another thread) this might not be the time to try them out, too many things could go wrong. Not the way to enjoy your vacation to save a couple hundred dollars.

I can currently get a Budget intermediate for $363 or Avis full-size for $375 through Costco for our 8 day trip. That’s finally in the range I was hoping rates would go. I currently have a Budget prepaid rental for $282 gotten through another travel site. It’s just nice to see rates down, compared to the $500-700 rates we were seeing a few months ago.

My Alamo reservation went from $636 (full size) to $466 (compact SUV) overnight..
10 day rental booked directly w/ Alamo. This for late January. I was delighted to see this drop, prices are crazy high!

My Alamo reservation went from $636 (full size) to $466 (compact SUV) overnight..
10 day rental booked directly w/ Alamo. This for late January. I was delighted to see this drop, prices are crazy high!

I was just coming to post the same thing!

I now have an intermediate SUV for an 8 day rental with Alamo through Costco (w/free extra driver) for $350. Hoping for more drops between now and when we arrive on the 8th.

Some very good prices are showing via Costco for Budget and Avis, but we have been burned twice by Busget, so we will stick with Alamo and pay more for peace of mind.

I'm down to pre-pandemic pricing. Thrify booked through Autoslash, I've got a Jeep Compass for $185 for a week. Since I started looking in November I went from $450 to $185. Means I'll actually make money on this business trip rather than just breaking even.

I just checked through Costco today for next week and my quote went down from $495 to $317 for 1/2 to 1/9 for a small SUV with Alamo. I saw cheaper rates with Budget but I've used Alamo and I'm comfortable with utilizing them.

I am currently planning to fly to Disney World next week (Jan. 5) for Marathon Weekend. However, given the recent flight cancellations and my concern for COVID in advance of Marathon Weekend, I'm considering driving from PA. To avoid the miles on my car, I'm considering renting a car. Unfortunately, I live in a rural area and the only car rental location anywhere near me is Enterprise.

Any tips on the best way to book Enterprise to save some money?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter