• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** January 2019 Thread ***

I love how right now it's all 80s and then as soon as I arrive on the 4th temps drop to 60s as a high. which, look, when NYC's high is orlando's low I know i shouldnt be complaining haha but still! i want that 80 degree weather and a pool day!

Looked (way) ahead to the last week of January on accuweather and it's supposed to be in the 60s. It sounds wonderful as I have a -11 windchill here in MN.

I just checked the weather again today and it's now saying low 70s sunny and very little rain for the last week of January!!!

the 5th person in my party FINALLY got her ticket... and of course I was only able to add her to about 3 of 9 fastpasses we currently have. Couldnt even find similar time frames for just 1 person. I guess we'll have to wait until morning of and see if we can slip her in on an overlapping one. Oh well.

Just ordered some trading pins for the trip! I ordered from the same person we got some from when DS2 went with his girlfriend and her extended family in Nov. He got them all into pin trading too. I paid $43.50 for 100 pins and they were all authentic with no duplicates. Can't wait to pin trade again in two weeks!

we leave 1 week from today, and excepting toiletries and jackets, we have been packed for 2 weeks. We have even already bought ssancks and drinks for the drive down from Indiana...

We are driving down from Ohio on the 23rd....first time ever driving down but it's saving us almost $1,500 in airfare!

Were at 5 days to go now. As we get closer the more nervous I get about flying and being in close quarters with people who might have a stomach bug. My sister in law and brother are flying back from Britain today and my sister in law has a stomach bug. :/

The weather for Jan 4th keeps fluctuating (in my area). This morning there was a 40% chance of rain/sleet and now it’s a 20% chance of rain. On the other hand, Orlando Florida is supposed to have highs in the 70s while we’re there which is awesome!

I’m very tired, I haven’t been sleeping well which is odd for me. I’m usually just excited about traveling but this time I’m just...nervous. I’m not sure if it’s cause I’m paying and planning or it’s the time of year we’re going or if it’s cause we’re flying instead of driving (which we typically do). :P

Were at 5 days to go now. As we get closer the more nervous I get about flying and being in close quarters with people who might have a stomach bug. My sister in law and brother are flying back from Britain today and my sister in law has a stomach bug. :/

The weather for Jan 4th keeps fluctuating (in my area). This morning there was a 40% chance of rain/sleet and now it’s a 20% chance of rain. On the other hand, Orlando Florida is supposed to have highs in the 70s while we’re there which is awesome!

I’m very tired, I haven’t been sleeping well which is odd for me. I’m usually just excited about traveling but this time I’m just...nervous. I’m not sure if it’s cause I’m paying and planning or it’s the time of year we’re going or if it’s cause we’re flying instead of driving (which we typically do). :P

I try not to think too much about all of the illness possibilities... unfortunately those germs are everywhere, not just on the planes. All we can really do is practice good hygiene ourselves and keep our hands away from our faces as much as possible. Some people swear by taking Airborne when they fly, although I’ve never tried it myself. I usually bring a small pack of antibacterial wipes with me on the flight and hope for the best. :-)

I’m sure the excitement of the holidays coupled with vacation planning overload is what’s keeping you up at night... just try to relax and not overthink it! You’ve done all you can to plan, and now it’s time to take a breather. Do something just for you over the next couple of days to help you relax. Easier said than done, I know.

I hope you get some rest and have a magical trip! :-)

We (husband and 4 yr old daughter) will be arriving Jan 27 until Feb 7. We are staying at All Star Movies and I am so very excited! This is the first trip with our daughter and I hope she loves it as much as we do :)

I love doing 4 parks in 1 day!. Have fun!
We did it a couple times and love it, too! Planned to do it again in Sept but we often end up changing plans day of when we don't have the kids so we ended up only doing HS-Epcot-AK-Epcot lol.

Finally decided on parks and dining for the rest of our trip! So far only have FP's for arrival day and dinner that night so will book the rest tomorrow. Happy New Year everyone pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter