*** January 2019 Thread ***

As a surprise to my girlfriend, I extended our vacation by one day, too.. though, we were originally only staying from 1/7-1/11 (now 1/7-1/12). We really wanted two days in Epcot so we don't feel rushed.

@WawaCoffee, let me know where you are staying and I will add you to the roll call!

We must be disney crazy... at least I am. We extended our stay another day! :dogdance: Check-In at CBR 1/21 - 1/24 Poly 1/24 - 1/31. How long before I convince my DH to move to Florida....hmmm....

@omniscientmommy, I updated the roll call! I’d love to add a day to our trip, but my sons can only take so much time off from work. I wonder if they’d be mad if I sent them home with my hubby and I stayed an extra day or two? Just kidding... maybe?!?! Now you’ve got me thinking...

Its been hard not to tweak my plans but everything is near perfect except our last dinner at Ohana. I need a later time, have my fingers and toes crossed it will come!

@omniscientmommy, I updated the roll call! I’d love to add a day to our trip, but my sons can only take so much time off from work. I wonder if they’d be mad if I sent them home with my hubby and I stayed an extra day or two? Just kidding... maybe?!?! Now you’ve got me thinking...
Nothing says you can stay an extra few days alone! I would if I could. We're already planning our Christmas trip for next year! TWO WEEKS!

Updating our info for our quick trip. :)
Me, DH and DS6 only this trip.

We start at Universal and head to WDW the 17th:

Jan 17-18 Contemporary
18-19 Swan

DAH the 17th!

As of right now we will head to DHS the 17th around 11:30, have ST, RnRc and SDD FPs 11-2, then we will relax until our 5:35 Ohana dinner and then head to DAH between 7-8.
The 18th we have Kona bf @ 9:15, then head to AK for FPs 11-2, Dino, EE and FOP. Then we will check in at Swan, relax until dinner at 5 at Garden Grove, then Epcot evening.

These plans will probably change if they add an EMM for Friday at TSL. We'll skip DHS the 17th and do EMM b4 AK, and have a later dinner to allow a longer break for naps.

Tried to hit the new stuff DH hasn't done yet, just incase he can't come with us in July. The planner in me struggles, and I had to keep reminding myself that DS and I will be back in March and July, so only need to hit the things DH hasn't done or favs. :D

Updating our info for our quick trip. :)
Me, DH and DS6 only this trip.

We start at Universal and head to WDW the 17th:

Jan 17-18 Contemporary
18-19 Swan

DAH the 17th!

As of right now we will head to DHS the 17th around 11:30, have ST, RnRc and SDD FPs 11-2, then we will relax until our 5:35 Ohana dinner and then head to DAH between 7-8.
The 18th we have Kona bf @ 9:15, then head to AK for FPs 11-2, Dino, EE and FOP. Then we will check in at Swan, relax until dinner at 5 at Garden Grove, then Epcot evening.

These plans will probably change if they add an EMM for Friday at TSL. We'll skip DHS the 17th and do EMM b4 AK, and have a later dinner to allow a longer break for naps.

Tried to hit the new stuff DH hasn't done yet, just incase he can't come with us in July. The planner in me struggles, and I had to keep reminding myself that DS and I will be back in March and July, so only need to hit the things DH hasn't done or favs. :D

Sounds like a great plan, @TISHLOVESDISNEY, I updated the roll call with your dates and resorts.

45 days! Wheee! I customized our magic bands and ordered decals from Etsy a couple of days ago so amidst the Christmas presents being delivered, the decals will arrive, too!
Yipppeeee!!! It will be here so soon! I have a feeling its going to sneak up on me. Especially since my mind is fully focused on Christmas right now

I’m blue. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our trip for January. Will have to wait until later in the year.

When you get a leak in your bathroom pipes, some things become more important LOL. At least I get my bathroom redone!

2 days until Fastpasses for us!

Good luck, @disney-inspired! Let us know how you do!

I’m blue. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our trip for January. Will have to wait until later in the year.

When you get a leak in your bathroom pipes, some things become more important LOL. At least I get my bathroom redone!

Oh, @Dawn68PA, I’m so sorry... that stinks. At least you found the bright side to the situation! :-). I removed you from the roll call, but hopefully you can be added to another one soon!

Well I got through the Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday craziness at work, but now it's full steam ahead through Christmas! I know that being busy at work and spending my off time preparing for Christmas and doing all the little things I need and like to do (decorating, making cookies, finishing the stocking I am making our new nephew...) will make the time waiting for Disney go faster.
DS2 just got back last night from a four day trip with his GF and her extended family. They had a blast and he even brought me home a surprise- Maleficent ears! I can't wait to wear them on our trip!

Got my fastpasses done! I'm super-excited (sigh, even if Peter Pan is closed) We even managed to get Flight of Passage at the exact time I wanted it for.

I'm really excited for our full MK day. I decided not to worry too much about fastpasses for that so we can just wander around and enjoy it, so the fastpasses we booked are for the evening. Specifically:

We have Haunted Mansion 4:50-5:50. Sunset should be about 6:10. So if we time it right, we go in around twilight and come out at full dark. Then we go to Pirates, because let's keep that spooky vibe going! Then we have 6-7 fastpasses for Big Thunder, and (we'll have to book it a bit for this) 7-8 fastpasses for 7 Dwarves! After that, we'll watch the fireworks (I know we won't be early enough to get the Best Spot, but hopefully we'll still get a pretty good one), and plan on hitting Astro Orbiter to see the park all lit up at night (extra magic hours night).

So...yeah, I'm pretty stoked for that!

Just booked the final pieces of our next vacation! :banana: It'll be me, DH, DS9, and DD5 going on our first-ever Universal Studios trip, staying at Portofino Bay from 1/18 to 1/23, with a one-day visit to MK on 1/22. So, no WDW resort for us this trip ... It's actually our first time staying off-site.

In case anyone here would be interested: Since we ended up switching our trip from WDW to US, I have a bunch of ADRs at hard-to-get times from 1/18 to 1/21 at BOG, Akershus, LTT, and Garden Grill at EP. I posted the details at:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...idelines-in-first-post.3693199/#post-59990462

PM me if interested in coordinating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter