January 2018..... who will be there?

Talked to a CM this afternoon outside of TE. Interesting thing happened yesterday....when the TE staff came in to work early in the morning one CM found a bunch of clothes outside on the main porch. As in two entire outfits....underwear too! Plus some other “evidence“ of a couple having quite the night on the porch! Yikes!!!!!
The CM thought that maybe the nighttime cleaning crew “interrupted” things and the couple ran off leaving their clothing behind.
Wow, just wow.......

Happy you made it home safe and sound Vince Just in time for Lil Medic to shovel out the driveway after this weekends snow

Am I the only one that noticed the alligator? What the #$@#! Did that really happen? Cause the drama queen in me would have died. Just fell over dead in the canoe from fright alone. Please tell me that you just added that pic from another location, not from the fort.
Too funny. Being a Florida native we view them as just large lizards. No big deal. Living here you come to accept that they are in every permanent body of water, even your swimming pool at times. We just give them space, and unless they become a nuisance (usually from people feeding them) leave them be.

got the Feb movie handout and it looks like there is something new (maybe just new to me!)...double feature movie nights on Friday and Saturday. I don't have a scanner (I'm sure Denise will share or has shared the full sheet) but took photos of the movie info:

Does anyone know what the big construction is going on next to the external bus Fort entry road?
DSCN1713.JPG DSCN1714.JPG

We had a wonderful vacation despite the weather changes. We where at the Fort for 11 full days. No rain but the temps where all over, lows where in the low mid 30’s and highs anywhere from about 58 - 79.

We where in the 1600 loop and it was pretty much calm except our first weekend. We had some locals next to and across from us with about 6 kids. We made the best of the situation and carried on.

The pool was not crowded no matter what time of day we went. The campfire movie was crowded during the campfire and singalong but cleared out during the movie.

The Fort did not feel crowded at all, despite all the sites being full. I do manage to get in two meet and greets, the first with garneska, then I was able to meet Boomer1. I didn’t want to stay long as they had company and where getting ready to have dinner.

All and all I think that January is a nice time to visit, like @ilovedisneymm had said.

Well, I will be reading along on other members post while waiting for my chance to do it again in December.

Vince, thanks for all the updates. Glad you are home.

Peach, you're doing pretty well on your updates too. I am enjoying them. Is that your blue bike in the Fort Lobby porch photo on the railing? I am in need of a good bike solution. I am looking at the folding models now.

And the February movie list is out? What's this "Gnomeo and Juliet"? Gosh I am getting old - I can't keep up with these. When they run "Herbie The Love Bug" on throwback/retro movie night, I'll be there.

popcorn::

Bama Ed

.... Peach, you're doing pretty well on your updates too. I am enjoying them. Is that your blue bike in the Fort Lobby porch photo on the railing? I am in need of a good bike solution. I am looking at the folding models now.

And the February movie list is out? What's this "Gnomeo and Juliet"? Gosh I am getting old - I can't keep up with these. When they run "Herbie The Love Bug" on throwback/retro movie night, I'll be there.

Bama Ed
Ed not sure I can get her to part with it but we might be selling Lucille's folding granny trike New coach doesn't have storage compartment will accommodate it but sure I can get my friend Willie to help me secure it to the roof ladder and Tiggerdad to remove it at GSP

Vince, thanks for all the updates. Glad you are home.

Peach, you're doing pretty well on your updates too. I am enjoying them. Is that your blue bike in the Fort Lobby porch photo on the railing? I am in need of a good bike solution. I am looking at the folding models now.

Bama Ed

Hi Ed. Thanks for the kind words.
Yes, that’s my 25 year old bike. Got it from REI many moons ago. Love riding around the Fort on it. Atlanta is too hilly for my muscles.
Gnome is a fun movie Shakespeare and Elton John songs!

We have been having a great time. As Snowmedic mentioned we have had family over, sorry our visit wasn’t longer, we plan to be back again next January perhaps a get together is in order.
Most mornings we are around the site but head to a park in the afternoon with Fastpasses in place. I guess we were fortunate as we have been able to secure fastpasses for Flights of Passage. On our last two visits to Animal Kingdom we have seen the baby hippo.
Last night we saw the second duo of performers for the Disney on Broadway series at Epcot’s Festival of the Arts. Both were excellent. This afternoon we will go to Disney Hollywood Studios.

We checked out of the Fort Saturday January 27, after being there for the entire week before. I meant to post a few times while we were there but we were just too busy! And also, of the many many things we loved about our time at FW, the wifi service was not one of them.... It was quite bad.

Other than that though we pretty much loved everything. We booked preferred and I requested the 100 loop but ended up in site 202, right near the comfort station. I was a little concerned about that but ended up LOVING it. I thought there might be a lot of noise and activity around but that was not the case at all. Not that many people used the bathrooms and those that did were very respectful of others. It was our first time taking our new (to us!) camper anywhere and I found that while the bathroom was plenty large, the hot water heater was not and I ended up showering in the comfort station every morning. It was great that it was so convenient. I even did some laundry a few mornings before we left for the parks. The facilities were so clean and well maintained.

I also loved being able to hear the boat horns and the fireworks and even got accustomed to the surprisingly loud EWP music every night at 9:45. I was usually drifting off to sleep just as it was playing.

We really enjoyed the easy walk to the Marina for the MK boat. We aren't big on the disney buses so we drove to the other parks but that worked fine too. Like many before us I'm sure, I mostly regret that we didn't spend more time around the campground enjoying what's there. My dad and husband took my daughter to see the horse barn one night and one night went fishing (with success!) at the Meadows pond while I cooked suppers but of course I missed those outings. We really wanted to do the campfire and brought smores fixings but we never made it. I meant to make time for more down time but it's just so hard to leave the parks. There's always just that one more fastpass to grab and use...

Also, we ate at Trails End three times! Twice for dinner, which we've had before and loved (although I was miffed the second time that the ice cream machine was broken) and then we discovered the weekend brunch on Saturday morning before we pulled out and oh my goodness, it was exceptional. My dad declared it the best breakfast he'd had in his 70 years. They have so many delicious choices we couldn't even try everything that we wanted because we got too full. We really really enjoyed this before shedding a tear and pulling away. I would call this brunch one of the most underrated meals at the resort. If people knew what was offered I think it would be much busier. So I guess we should keep that to ourselves!

We found the Fort to be such a comfortable quiet respite from the craziness of the parks (which we found to be MUCH more crowded than the same week last year). Most of the campers are so polite and respectful. Our last night, a group pulled into next to us and then moved across the street late at night and I could not believe how loud they and their children were being when everyone around them was obviously tucked into bed. People can be unbelievable. That was the only problem we ran into all week with anyone at FW though so I can't really complain. But I am glad that group did not show up until our last night. I do think it would have bothered me if they had kept that up all week. All the FW CMs that we encountered were outstanding. It's impressive how they are everywhere cleaning and maintaining the grounds. And the results are much appreciated!

Also, I went to the Publix in Windermere on arrival day and found it to be really convenient and easy to find. So much better than the walmart I visited last year when we stayed at OKW!

I don't really have anything else to say that everyone here doesn't already know but I just wanted to share that we were wowed by our experience. I can't wait to go back sometime although right now, I don't know when that will be. Until then I guess I'll just be listening for that water parade music every night and dreaming we were headed back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter