January 2016 Discount Code Watch

Just booked our flights last night, Jan 30-Feb 7. :lovestruc We are having a hard time deciding on a resort, so we were hoping for discounts to help us make that decision, but we obviously don't want to wait until October to book because of making ADRs, so I guess we're just going to have to guess...

Is there a January 2016 group on Facebook? I know there usually is one for each month but I can't find Jan :)

When should one book airfare? I need 9 seats on one plane, and it is a smaller airport, so options are somewhat limited. The non-stop flights were just released at the start of the month, so they are at the highest price now, but it is only $40 more for round trip than the lowest I've seen for any other dates. Advice?

When should one book airfare? I need 9 seats on one plane, and it is a smaller airport, so options are somewhat limited. The non-stop flights were just released at the start of the month, so they are at the highest price now, but it is only $40 more for round trip than the lowest I've seen for any other dates. Advice?

If you are booking Southwest, I usually book in October/November. The last couple of years they have had a sale at that time including January dates. That's what we usually fly, so I don't know about other airlines.

I usually book as soon as I can with Southwest .... if the price goes down I'll just take the credit because I know I'll use it.

We are already booked on Southwest for Jan 9-16th, they have a great change policy so I know we aren't 100% stuck with those dates. I wanted to use points for half of our flights so I wanted to get it booked as soon as flights came out! Now I will just wait for discounts, but its going to be a LONG wait until October!

I havent pulled the trigger yet. I always save and book a year or so out so this 6 month thing is making me nervous as far as money goes. i still want to price things out more and hoping the discount will help

How do you get Southwest to credit you the difference?

I've always just called, it is super easy. Then when you book your next flight you can do it all online, there is just a spot that says "apply travel funds". I was amazed how easy it all was when I did it.

How do you get Southwest to credit you the difference?

We have never called SWA. We just cancel the original flight and rebook the cheaper flight, then click the "Apply travel funds" tab. The one year timeframe is from the date you made the original flight. So, if you booked on July 7th, 2015 for a trip in February 2016, you must apply all travel funds prior to July 7th, 2016. This is why we stay with SWA. It is very easy to cancel and rebook with no change fees, then you can apply travel funds from your computer.

Also watching. I am coming in for marathon weekend. We can get slightly discounted tickets through military (I am DOD so not the full blown salute) and really trying to figure out if a package deal will be more beneficial or not.

I should mention I got airline tix already. Snagged round trip from Dallas for $166 round trip.

We are booked at POP for Jan. 3-9th and hoping for SPD to come out for that time. My fear is that it will start the 4th. If that is the case, does anyone know if we can still get the deal on the 4th-9th if we check in on the 3rd?

We will be driving from Birmingham for the first time...not excited about the road trip, but it is also why I don't want to change my park dates due to our travel time.

We are booking our first WDW trip for our family of 7 January 25-31st!!! My husband doesn't understand why I am already planning since it's still 6 months away...LOL

Joining the watch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter