January 2015....Let the planning begin!

Jan.2015 (first or second week) will be our second trip. First trip was just Dec.2013.

4 year-old daughter LOVED everything princess & strangely enough, Star Wars. We did AS Movies, but i want to do Moderate this time, so hoping for a room discount.

I do not know how I am going to go a year before Disney... I am on these forums WAY WAY to much already.

Cant wait to see everyone's ideas & plans.

Oh yes...lets! I will be traveling with my DH, DD (23), DS (20). Sometimes DD's Boyfriend comes with us. On our last few trips we had two rooms because of DD and BF. Over Christmas break, we went to Hersheypark for one night...DS got WWE tickets. Well....

On that trip I vowed NEVER AGAIN WILL THE FOUR OF US BE IN ONE ROOM! And...it was only for one night.

Given that and the budget (unless we all get a glorious discount code :wizard:), we are thinking moderate.

I think we want to try a new one. We've been to CBR many times. I am looking at POFQ and POR...depends on codes that come out. If I do POFQ, I would do a Garden View and if I do POR, I would book a preferred room.

BTW love the name! DD is Emily too!

I certainly wouldn't mind giving the Princess rooms are POR a try!!

I hear ya- if my family (mom, dad, sister and I) all did Disney together again we could never do one room!

My BFF is an Emily as well. Great names have to stick together, right? :rotfl:

Value resorts, now and forever.

I go to Walt Disney World for the parks and other entertainment, not for the room. The room is a place for me to sleep and bathe, otherwise, I'm at freakin' Walt Disney World, why would I be in the room?

Hear, hear! I know some people say the decor of the values is a little over the top, but I say for the price (and when in Disney), who cares?! Do you have a favorite value or do you bounce wherever availability (and discounts) take you?

I am going to join you guys. The last week in January hopefully, the 28th - 1sst . I remember Jan when I did the Disney College program and I remember low crowds. and no hot weather Lots of refurbs but my DS has already been 9 times and we got a cruise in may and WDW in September this year so it is not a big problem for us. I am doing a short trip in January because the plan is for me and a friend to go to Europe with a stop at Disneyland Paris. Got my fingers crossed we do that but because my son is not going this is for him and for me in case we do not go to Europe.

We stayed at Pop when our youngest was under 3 and thought it was great!!! Not sharing buses was awesome, convenient to walk to lobby, food court etc. Last year we stayed in a family suite at AOA and LOVED everything about it, the space, 2 bathrooms, kitchen table, 3 sleeping areas. Convenient walk to bus stop, food court, etc. If money were no object, I'd stay there again in a second. However, we had S/P/D last year and AOA was excluded from that deal this year...so, we just can't swing it, especially since I left my full time job to go to nursing school starting this past september.

So, if I am going to convince my husband to spend the money to go to celebrate all of our special occassions this year, then I have to make it affordable. The most affordable option for us is POR and after watching some videos on Youtube last night....I'm hooked.

I think we will be OK sharing one room since my kids are still pretty little but as they get older..I know this won't be the base. I'm hoping by then to be able to afford to buy into DVC.

I have a cousin who gets pin codes every 3 months.........no lie! He just went last week with a free dining pin code and he had gotten another one in the summer..I do not understand how he gets them. He is never on the Disney website. The only thing I can think of is that it has been about 2-3 years since his last trip so they may have been trying to lure him back. No idea!!! I would LOVE to get one but S/P/D was still a good deal so we shall see.

We will be sticking with value resorts. Probably ASMo actually. I have never stayed in the Movies All Star Resort so I'm pretty excited and I think my DS (will be 4 at the time) will really enjoy it. I agree that I'm at Disney to enjoy the parks so we don't spend much time other than sleeping in our room.

Joining the group! We have decided to do a trip the first week of January 3 or 4 through the 10th. We haven't been that week before I'm assuming it may be busy through Sunday but then be really slow?

We normally do a package with dining but don't know how much has changed since it has been 2 1/2 years since we have been. I have to start researching now :cool1:

Joining the group! We have decided to do a trip the first week of January 3 or 4 through the 10th. We haven't been that week before I'm assuming it may be busy through Sunday but then be really slow?

We normally do a package with dining but don't know how much has changed since it has been 2 1/2 years since we have been. I have to start researching now :cool1:

:welcome:

We actually went that week last year and are planning the same week for 2015. We checked in on sunday and per reports on the DIS, it was mobbed up until saturday. We thought sunday was great and we did everything that we wanted to!! The rest of the week was fabulous and even though it was Marathon weekend, we didn't see any increase in wait times, just more crowded at the resort. This is why it's important to book early for that week!

Scroll up if you are interested in our FB group..there is a link in posts on page 1. :cool1:

I'll join in! It will be me, DH, DS10, DD7, and DS5.

We went in Jan. 2013 and LOVED the low crowds and the weather was perfect! Of course, we're from Iowa, so anything above 50 degrees that time of year seems warm to us! :rotfl:

We are planning for the last week of January 2015 - Probably 25th-31st. Same week we went last year. 5 days in the park, with the pirates and pals cruise on our arrival day and DTD before we fly out. We'll probably also spend 2 days at Cocoa Beach before we head to Disney so we can visit Kennedy Space Center and the beach.

I am an UBER planner, I've already picked out most of the places we want to eat and which FP+ we will try for (assuming nothing changes with that program...yeah, right!).

We will be getting a family suite at AoA again. We stayed there last year, in a Lion King suite, and the kids thought it was great. This time they want to do Cars. With a family of 5 and our options being limited, why not stick with what they like? ;)

I can't wait to talk more planning with you all! I just requested to join the FB group too!

So with Fastpass+, Magic Bands, and all this other silliness in full swing, is there a recommended order in which to do things in?

I'm guessing it's
1) Room Reservation/Park Tickets/Dining Plan Purchase (Mid-July, it seems)
2) Dining Reservations - 180 Days Before Stay
3) Fastpass + Reservations - ??? Days Before Stay
4) Advance Check-In 60 Days Before Stay

What am I missing?

So with Fastpass+, Magic Bands, and all this other silliness in full swing, is there a recommended order in which to do things in?

I'm guessing it's
1) Room Reservation/Park Tickets/Dining Plan Purchase (Mid-July, it seems)
2) Dining Reservations - 180 Days Before Stay
3) Fastpass + Reservations - ??? Days Before Stay
4) Advance Check-In 60 Days Before Stay

What am I missing?

I think FP+ reservations are 60 days? And customizing MBs...not sure when you can do that. Another thing to add (for me anyway! :goodvibes ) is BOG FP - not sure how far ahead that opens up. Looks like February 2014 just did a couple days ago, so maybe a month?

Count me in! Just joined the Facebook group! I just returned from my birthday week in WDW a few days ago! A large group of my extended family is planning on running the 5K together next year, and myself and a few of my cousins are debating the 10K or the half. My cousins are much more experienced runners than I am and might go for the full or even the Dopey, but I'm definitely not at that point yet!

I stayed in a Little Mermaid room at AOA last week and I loved it so much I plan on returning!

Let the countdown begin! 350 days or so to go!

Random question time!

We were going to try to do some miniature golf on our trip.

Since Blizzard Beach is typically down for refurbs during January, how does one get to the WinterSummerland miniature golf course? I assume a bus won't be running to Blizzard Beach during refurb time.

Or is the golf course closed as well when the water park isn't open?

:welcome:

We actually went that week last year and are planning the same week for 2015. We checked in on sunday and per reports on the DIS, it was mobbed up until saturday. We thought sunday was great and we did everything that we wanted to!! The rest of the week was fabulous and even though it was Marathon weekend, we didn't see any increase in wait times, just more crowded at the resort. This is why it's important to book early for that week!

Scroll up if you are interested in our FB group..there is a link in posts on page 1. :cool1:

we are going around the same time to.

So my girlfriend generally isn't a fan of having to wake up early on "vacation", but obviously the parks are emptier in the morning, so I've conceded to her a midday break period.

Using Magic Kingdom as an example, I figure we get to the park before rope drop, do our thang until around 1:00, eat lunch, then jump back onto the bus back to the resort around 1:30. Ideally we'd get back to our room around 2:15, at which point we can take an hour nap, wake up around 3:15, freshen up a bit, and jump back onto the bus around 3:30, getting back to the park by 4 to 4:30, and hang out there until dinner and/or fireworks.

Thoughts?

So my girlfriend generally isn't a fan of having to wake up early on "vacation", but obviously the parks are emptier in the morning, so I've conceded to her a midday break period.

Using Magic Kingdom as an example, I figure we get to the park before rope drop, do our thang until around 1:00, eat lunch, then jump back onto the bus back to the resort around 1:30. Ideally we'd get back to our room around 2:15, at which point we can take an hour nap, wake up around 3:15, freshen up a bit, and jump back onto the bus around 3:30, getting back to the park by 4 to 4:30, and hang out there until dinner and/or fireworks.

Thoughts?

I think if you have to do a mid-day break, it sounds like a good plan. ;) But, if you are having an earlier dinner at a resort or something, you may want to wait until after dinner to head back to the park. Personally, even with my kids, we don't do the mid-day break. We are pre-park opening breakfast people, and stay through the fireworks. I guess we are just so excited to be there that we run on adrenaline all day! I'd maybe plan to have the mid-day break, but if you are having a great time, maybe she'll agree to skip it!

I think if you have to do a mid-day break, it sounds like a good plan. ;) But, if you are having an earlier dinner at a resort or something, you may want to wait until after dinner to head back to the park. Personally, even with my kids, we don't do the mid-day break. We are pre-park opening breakfast people, and stay through the fireworks. I guess we are just so excited to be there that we run on adrenaline all day! I'd maybe plan to have the mid-day break, but if you are having a great time, maybe she'll agree to skip it!

If I were on my own, I'm exactly as you describe. Outside the gate of the park at opening, and on the last bus to leave for the day.

Unfortunately I have to cater to others whims when traveling with a significant other. :rolleyes1

Hey y'all! I am in the beginning stages of planning our next trip in late January 2015. This will be our first trip since December 2010 and I am super excited :yay::yay::yay:

I made a pre-planning document to organize my ideas for this trip. We will be staying at POP and we are so excited that my parents will be joining us this year! Our last trip was fun but we really missed having grandparents to help out with the kiddos. They have not been to WDW since 2008.

I can't wait to see all of the awesome changes to Fantasyland and to the the rest of WDW. Let's do this thing!! :dance3:

Count me in! Our last trip was Oct 22-Nov 5, 2013 @ POP, and after vowing not to go back until our youngest turned 5 and we could go without a stroller, my love for all things Disney has me changing my tune. I am looking at the end of January 2015 for our next trip and hoping to stay at AOA Family Suites. This time planning for a shorter stay than last and hopefully a little slower paced. Maybe taking a day off from the parks mid-trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter