January 2014 discount watch!!

Got my spd applied to my POFQ ressie. One worry...cm said that my ressie number would stay the same and I wouldn't get updated info yet. Is that right? She refunded my original deposit and took my Disney visa to make deposit. Just thought in the past when I've applied these discounts, it was a whole new ressie and I know I got updated emails with dining and all showing on it. Is this right?

Got my spd applied to my POFQ ressie. One worry...cm said that my ressie number would stay the same and I wouldn't get updated info yet. Is that right? She refunded my original deposit and took my Disney visa to make deposit. Just thought in the past when I've applied these discounts, it was a whole new ressie and I know I got updated emails with dining and all showing on it. Is this right?

If you're just modifying that would be correct. If you were going from a RO to a package you'd get a new number.

If you're just modifying that would be correct. If you were going from a RO to a package you'd get a new number.

Funny! I hit send on this message board and two seconds later I got an email with all the correct updated info! Not sure why cm said I wouldn't get email update! But it's all correct! Whew! Thanks for the help!

got a letter conf in mail when I added a day asnd it seems like last time I did something with res. I got new email and was able to see changes online in mde.

What type of room did you book? They were quoting me rates that were higher than what I could get without a discount on the website right now.

Wound up with garden view at Riverside saving 23% with R/O.

I booked a standard room with the s/p/d discount for my husband and I, my 10yr old daughter and 4 yr old son.

This is why I never like to commit on room discount percentages. When someone posts things like "deluxe for 35% off...etc", it gives a false assumption.

There are always resorts and room types excluded.

Some room types at a resort will be different percentages than others. French Quarter is only 5%, a far cry from the large discount that was stated for moderates, with no mention of exclusions or varying percentages.

Too many variables to make a blanket statement and get hopes up.

I'd rather be right than be first any day.

So is there a room only discount? Or do I need to call to find out (Disney Visa at least)... can I check on the Disney Visa website?

Just got off the phone from booking our resorts for the weekend of the Marathon. Our dates our 1/10-1/13.

I was really hoping for a monorail resort or Boardwalk but CR,Poly and Boardwalk only had CL or suites available:sad2: WL courtyard view was available but I really wanted something that DH and DD could just walk over to see me running the marathon. GF lagoon view was available but DH hates setting foot in there.

Beach Club had garden view available but we have stayed there before so we ended up at Yacht Club Lagoon View. Since we are spending a little extra on the view over the weekend I booked us in a value for the first night and the only choice was ASMo preferred.

Overall I am very happy how it worked out. I was having such a hard time deciding where to stay but I guess the decision was kind of made for me. DH loved the look of the Yacht Club when we stayed at Beach Club so I am happy we ended up there.

So just wondering will these deals be open to the public for sure? Do they have the potential to just fill up and have no general public release?

So is there a room only discount? Or do I need to call to find out (Disney Visa at least)... can I check on the Disney Visa website?

Yes, just call and ask to check for the Disney Visa rates for your dates. My CM was great but if you have one that isn't helpful get another CM as some are saying there is no room only.

So just wondering will these deals be open to the public for sure? Do they have the potential to just fill up and have no general public release?

They'll be released to the public, but how many rooms are available will depend on what they need to fill.

Do i have to put it on my Disney visa to get the disney visa rate? Or can I just give them my Disney Visa number?

Hoping I can get a discount on a deluxe villa!!

Just got off the phone from booking our resorts for the weekend of the Marathon. Our dates our 1/10-1/13.

I was really hoping for a monorail resort or Boardwalk but CR,Poly and Boardwalk only had CL or suites available:sad2: WL courtyard view was available but I really wanted something that DH and DD could just walk over to see me running the marathon. GF lagoon view was available but DH hates setting foot in there.

Beach Club had garden view available but we have stayed there before so we ended up at Yacht Club Lagoon View. Since we are spending a little extra on the view over the weekend I booked us in a value for the first night and the only choice was ASMo preferred.

Overall I am very happy how it worked out. I was having such a hard time deciding where to stay but I guess the decision was kind of made for me. DH loved the look of the Yacht Club when we stayed at Beach Club so I am happy we ended up there.

did the discount help you much? According to one of the posts just above yours, most of the marathon weekend isn't included. :(

I called and applied the S/P/D discount to my trip... saving $961. Jan 10-18, Coronado Springs, 3 adults 1 child. Happy but last year I saved over $1200, so I'm a little disappointed. This is my 6th year going in January. Thanks to all who posted about the discount release.

I called and applied the S/P/D discount to my trip... saving $961. Jan 10-18, Coronado Springs, 3 adults 1 child. Happy but last year I saved over $1200, so I'm a little disappointed. This is my 6th year going in January. Thanks to all who posted about the discount release.

I'm still trying to figure things out. I booked two rooms and the one seems to apply the discount how everyone said it would be (adults pay kids prices for tickets and dining plan) But it doesn't work out that way at all for one of the rooms I booked. I even called back to ask for a break down and was told "they don't do that, it's just a package discount" Does this sound right??:confused3

Hello,
Will the Chase Disney debit card work or does it have to be the Disney Visa? I applied for the Visa and I am just waiting for it to be delivered.

Is there any discounts for non disney visa card holders? Me amd my bf are going jan 12-17 and had alrwady booked through AAA.

I'm still trying to figure things out. I booked two rooms and the one seems to apply the discount how everyone said it would be (adults pay kids prices for tickets and dining plan) But it doesn't work out that way at all for one of the rooms I booked. I even called back to ask for a break down and was told "they don't do that, it's just a package discount" Does this sound right??:confused3

They do not break down package pricing.

I just spoke with someone and the way SPD works this year has change. It is no longer adults at children's pricing for everything. There may be small room discount included with the dining discount but they are making it very clear that it is not adults at child's pricing for all components like last year. It's being advertised as 'some of the MYW package components are discounted' but regardless, they will not break down the package pricing as it's all lumped into one price.

There is also a 2 day minimum ticket requirement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter