January 2011!!

We have traveled to WDW every January for the past 10 years.....have needed to travel the first week of January due to college semester breaks for kids and DH.....who is an adjunct faculty.....and can honestly say weather is usually great......mid to high 50's in the morning.....warming up to usually high 70's or low 80's in the afternoon.......extremely low humidity.......EXCEPT for this past January!! We're used to cold temps in NE PA.......however, 20 degree temps in PA and 20 degree temps in FL are different animals! We were there NYD thru 1/8/10 and had night time lows of mid 20's and daytime highs in the mid 40's all week......wore our winter coats the entire week. Signs were everywhere about Jack Frost paying a visit......the majority of plantings were covered with insulating materials and most still died anyway. Pools looked like giant steamy hot tubs AND also had signage about swimming at your own risk......since lifeguards were not on duty due to the cold temps. We also visited Sea World one afternoon and it was freezing there........a very windy day in addition to the cold. At AK you could tell the animals were affected by the cold temps.........they seemed so out of sorts. I certainly hope FL doesn't see another winter like that again anytime soon.

Hi there! :goodvibes
We're hoping to be there 1/25-2/3, and will most likely be staying at Pop. We were going to stay at a moderate, but it's going to be so expensive just to fly to and fro :scared1: . The kids want to stay at a Value, so it's all good. We are so excited to be going back.

We've only been in September, so the cooler weather will be appreciated. This time we are taking my mil and maybe one of her friends.

I've been on the Dis a lot, lately, because I'm trying to see what all has changed since we were there in 2007 :)

HELLO! Fellow Wisconsinite! My family consits of Me-Hubby-DD(17yrs)-DD(7yrs). I am currently planning out Jan trip for the 21st -30th and will be staying at POR. We went Jan 23-29 2009 and the weather was perfect, 70's & low 80's,( almost to warm for my WI taste,LOL) Hoping for another perfect weather pattern.
I going to be booking my room only ressie's and I'm waiting non-patiently for the Jan calendar to come out and "crossing my fingers" hoping a great deal comes out for all of us! Last time we were able to get stay 4 days get 3 free and a gift card. If I can get the same deal WOO HOO!

I am a crazy planner and I have got as nuch planned as I can without park calendars. I'm getting anxious to get on with my more detailed plans...ADR's..and such.

Also going to do a day at SeaWorld (1st time).

Go January 2011!

We started talking about it last night, and now I'm excited! We (DH, me, DD7, DD4) were there in November 2009, so this is a quicker return trip than I thought we would get. We're looking at January 26 to Feb 2 (covering two birthdays, including mine!), and are hoping for a good deal so we can stay at Port Orleans instead of a value. Do we know when they will announce deals for that timeframe, or when we can actually get the real prices for rooms?

January

We are planning that week too at POR. Never stayed there...did you like it? We have been many times at that time for 2 birthdays also as my kids were growing up asnd now we have grandkids to share the world with. My 65 birthday is Jan 29 and I think I want to eat at Boma that night. We like to try new restaurants each trip too.We go every other year and plan all the time.

:hug:Me & my Boyfriend:lovestruc will be there the 27th:woohoo: celebrating our 1st trip ever to:welcome: ::MickeyMoDISNEY WORLD::MinnieMo and also my :bday:21st BIRTHDAYYYY:cake:!!!!

Cant Wait :hourglass

We are planning that week too at POR. Never stayed there...did you like it? We have been many times at that time for 2 birthdays also as my kids were growing up asnd now we have grandkids to share the world with. My 65 birthday is Jan 29 and I think I want to eat at Boma that night. We like to try new restaurants each trip too.We go every other year and plan all the time.

Riverside was great - would stay there again in a second! I'm hoping to try French Quarter this time... In Riverside, the pools are really nice, and the food court is ok (didn't really eat at the resort). The transportation was great - buses to and from the parks were frequent and quick.

Jan

We're planning on going in the beginning of January. Maybe the 3rd-12th. Trying to decide if between POR and CBR. I feel like I should have a plan now that we're almost 6 months out.

im going in september and i will be back in january MLK weekend for my birthday! its become a tradition for my mom and i to go then. we are going to book our hotel (POFQ) next week! im very excited to have two trips to plan and get excited for! :cool1:

I'm tentatively planning a POR trip sometime in early January with my mother to celebrate my community college graduation. I know the room rates won't be available until August, but I'm trying to sort out dates now so Mom can request leave.

It's just a conundrum for me because I've heard it will be nigh-impossible to navigate the parks in the morning during marathon weekend and the ultra-crowded MLK weekend is the weekend after that. I'll have to choose one of those bad weekends because I start school again on the 18th.

Anyone here going on MLK or marathon?

HI! We are going Jan 15-22 and staying in a 2 bedroom at OKW. We exchanged through RCI. We've invited my BIL, SIL and 12 yr old nephew to go with us. Can't wait!!!

Stacie

We are going the second week of January. DD will be 4.5 years old and DS will be turning 2 while we are there. This will be our second trip to WDW. The first time was January 2008. I love going in January. The crowds are low, no humidity and it's a nice break from the cold weather here in NC. I'm a California native and still not use to the winter weather we get now that we are in NC.

I've been planning this trip for about 6 months now and I can't belief I have less than 30 days to start making ADR's! :goodvibes

Count us in! We just went Sept 2009 with all of my daughter's grandparents. My husband loved it so much he suggested we go again! We will be at the WL from Jan 22-29! Yeah! Happy planning y'all!

:woohoo:

Finally booked our room; couldn't wait any longer! :cool1::cool1::cool1:We'll be at the Contemporary - right now from Jan 24-31. But all that is still really dependent on airfare . . . c'mon, Jet Blue! The CM I spoke with said that park hours are generally released right around/shortly before the 180 day ADR window opens . . . hopefully it will be sooner than later!

January 5th - 27th! :banana: less then 200 days away :banana:

Our first week we will be taking part in the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.

Second week we'll be going to Universal Studios and my DW will be attending the annual Vet Conference in Orlando.

The last week will be dedicated to all things Walt Disney World.

Can't wait for next month so we can start booking our Dining Reservations.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter