January 1-4 crowds

We have always been to WDW during lower crowd times. This year we are squeezing in some park days pre-cruise, and will be there Jan. 1-4. My question is- with crowds that large, will we still be able to get 4th, 5th, 6th FP?? Or should we only count on our initial 3? I’m working on a touring plan now since my FP day is tomorrow :) TIA!!
We were there last January and confirmed by all that there is no such thing a slow time at WDW anymore. Be prepared for the crowds and you won’t be disappointed.

We went the first week of the year in 2016 and 2017 and i don't remember getting any major 4th or 5th FP rides... it was crazy busy during this week... We got quite a bit done at Rope Drop, then rode our fast pass rides then rode all the low level rides a bunch... We probably were not super aggressive seeking that extra FPs...

I’m preparing for crowds....just not the nightmarish pictures of Christmas crowds when you can’t even walk.

I am not trying to be a Debbie Downer but for January 1-4, I would expect crowd calendar levels of 10. I'm January 4-12 with Marathon weekend starting the end of my trip and although TP and KtP have it as 5-6, I'm really thinking we may be 7-8. You still have the Christmas/NYE people in your trip.

Either way we all at Disney so all good but be prepared.

What is bothersome is everyone remarks how busy it is, all crowd calendars say level 10 crowds but park hours do not reflect that. MK, DHS 8 PM closings and AK has a 5 PM closing. No extra EMHs. You would think with expected level 10s they would have extended their hours for the parks.

What is bothersome is everyone remarks how busy it is, all crowd calendars say level 10 crowds but park hours do not reflect that. MK, DHS 8 PM closings and AK has a 5 PM closing. No extra EMHs. You would think with expected level 10s they would have extended their hours for the parks.

You can almost be certain that park hours will be extended as we get closer to the date, at least for MK.

My FP day was this morning. Was able to slinky and FOP twice, Dwarfs wasn't available at 60 days. Hoping they extend the hours soon, I really need to finalize planning.

My FP day was this morning. Was able to slinky and FOP twice, Dwarfs wasn't available at 60 days. Hoping they extend the hours soon, I really need to finalize planning.

My day was today too. We got everything we wanted as well at times we wanted. We got FoP at 60+2, 60+3 and 60+7. We are three adults and Im going with my mom and dd-24. I didnt try for SD since we will be at HS EMM but did see it. I did see 7DMT but our MK day is 60+8 so maybe that is why I saw the availability. We are also doing DAH at Magic Kingdom before our first full day so we will do 7DMT that night.

Keep trying for Dwarfs, I bet you will find it.

our vaca is Jan 4th- 10th. after a minor MDE hiccup logging in this morning, we are pleased with the FP we were able to get- basically everything we prioritized including FOP for 60+5
7DMT was no longer available for our arrival day, but we had plenty of options for our other 2 MK days.
:disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter