Jan/Feb 2022

fixiepixie

Earning My Ears
We are looking to book a wdw trip-to go last week of Jan. I'm curious of people opinion of how 'normal' of a vacation we can have.
Such as masks,social distancing, fast passes, character meets. I've noticed they've been weekly making changes.
I'm wondering will it be back to normal by then?

Things are still uncertain aren't they. We were planning on this year then thought about 2022 but have now decided on April/May 2023 for our next visit. Not only the uncertainty associated with the ever evolving pandemic but also because of the 50th anniversary 2022 is going to be manic. We are hoping that by 2023 everything will be back to normal with regard to not having to book your park days, all restrictions about social distancing and masks lifted, parades and fireworks as they were etc. etc.

Obviously no one knows, but I would imagine a good proportion of the experience would be back by then. I think that Disney will keep some of the things that suit them, and not bring back some of the things that don't, that would have been a nightmare to yank away without the pandemic as cover.
So it might be "normal" in terms of social distancing and mask mandates, but the experience or offers could have changed for the long term as policy.

Masks are gone already and social distancing has already been lifted. The parks look and feel "normal" now, especially with no more masks/distancing, and especially with fireworks coming back next week. I expect that the other items you listed such as meet and greets will most likely be back by the end of this year.

We are looking to book a wdw trip-to go last week of Jan. I'm curious of people opinion of how 'normal' of a vacation we can have.
Such as masks,social distancing, fast passes, character meets. I've noticed they've been weekly making changes.
I'm wondering will it be back to normal by then?
Wow. This post is a month old and look how much has changed already. We are going the same time. I have every confidence it will be perfect timing. The whole world is on reboot, and even though it looks like they are rolling out “normal” October 1, I feel like it’ll be January when all the kinks will be ironed out. Excited!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter