Jan 27, 2005 early roll call!!

Ok, I thought I was doing well on my planning and then the holidays and my son's birthday slowed me down. Now we are in the 10 day countdown! :cheer2: Help....I need to know what kind of clothing all of you are packing...especially for dinner. I am hoping that our weather here warms up a little. We were in the 80's last week and have taken a dive..high of only 63 today. Although, I am sure that is warm to some of you! :earseek:

I'm praying for sixty degree weather!!! Here is about 23 degrees and snowy! if I could even go without wearing a coat for three days, I'd be thrilled. I think I am going to pack a pair of black dress pants (that go with lots of shirts) and maybe a skirt for dinner. It's harder for the kids - I'm thinking layers. Short sleeves, a fleece or two, jeans and a couple pairs of shorts? I really am struggling about this issue also!

It'll be warmer in Nassau but right now Florida is hanging in high 60s. At least it is sunny right now! :sunny: Don't forget that the children aren't supposed to wear shorts or jeans at dinner. :D

I did remember that. I've got khakis for ds and dd would be thrilled to pull out a dress or two - or her velvety "soft pants" as she calls them :) That's IF I can convince her to leave the clubs to come have dinner with me. :smooth: I was worried my husband would flip when I mentioned the dressing up for dinner, but he didn't! He is surprising me all over with this trip. I hope he likes it so we can try a longer one next time!

I packed one pair of dress slackes (black) for Dh and several different polo shirts to wear for dinner along with a white dress shirt and jacket for our dinner at Tritons. I have packed shorts for myself and dresses for dinner. Nothing fancy. I have a black dress with chiffon jacket and a little bit of beading for dinner at Tritons. I also packed kackis for DH. I packed a skort and shirt for myself for Nassau city tour.

Dh disappointed me this weekend. He did not wear the teal polo shirt so I could not steal it from the laundry. I had to ask him to bring it home next weekend so I can "pack away the sumer clothes" Man I am becoming creative. I am feeling so incredably guilty because I do not lie and I feel like this borders on that. :guilty: I know he will be surprised and I believe he will love it.

My DGD found out we are going and I had to bribe her today not to tell ANYONE! As long as I bring her back anything Minnie she will not tell. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Okay time is getting closer. Is everyone packed. I managed to get the binocculars from DH today (of course under false pretenses) so hopefull I can get a good view of the MAgic.

Is anyone making magnets for their doors?

what sort of magnets do people make? do you pictures and stuff up? i bet my daughter would love something like that, if i got my act together enough to make something princessy ! hey, I checked the ten day orlando forcast - 70s and sunny! wahoo! i HOPE HOPE it stays that way. Nassau is looking good too. Today it's supposed to be -1 degrees with the windchill. Looks like Maryland is finally deciding it's winter. Such a shame :) Tell me ideas for door magnets!

I saw or sorts when I was on board in November. There is a printable magnet you can design on. I was goign to make one for my nephew with Micky on it and sying something like Daddy and my first cruise or First time cruisers and then out there names on it.

I found the magnet sheets at big lots for a couple dollars.

Hello fellow cruisers! I am not close to being packed but have plenty planned out! ::yes:: But who am I kidding....this weekend will be crazy trying to pull it all together. :crazy: We will have a sign on our door...look for us in Cat 6--we will be on our "Incredible" vacation! :wave: Sunny here today...but cool...only high of 59. Little chilly for swimming in Mickey's pool when you get on! :earseek:

What are youputting on your sign?

We are on deck 7 cat 7. Look for us there. I have some stuff packed and a list of stuff to pack.

I got logged off, and wasn't receiving the messages. Wow 8 more days!
I packed last week, ugh this is the 1st time with all 6 of us! I usually am a master packer, but, I am having to concede to more bags than 2!
What time on Sat night?

We are putting the Incredible characters on our sign! My boys loved that movie--I am sure that we will be seeing it again on the ship! :3dglasses

I know my nephew loved the incrdiable also. Maybe I will add them to the sign as well.

As for the time on Saturday I believe it is 11pm. I sure hope we get to see the ship passing by each other. I just think it will prove it is a small world. :rolleyes:

Ok, I know you think I am crazy because there isn't any snow here....but if this cooler weather keeps up, I am going to have to rethink all of the clothes that I have been planning to pack! I checked the Nassau forecast and I even saw highs of only 73...that means the nights are going to be a little chilly! Florida looks like we are lucky to hit mid 60's! I know...it's my thin blood...but I just went outside and it is in the 40's! I can feel the wind going through me up on the deck now!!! :eek:

I ma beginning to get worried about the weather. It is 15 degrees here. I am packing a sweatshirt for the evenings. I figure 60 -70 degrees is going to feel like a heat wave.

We'll be there on the 27th as well. DS Will (7),DD Libby(12), DW Patty (none of your business) and I are in a cat5 deck 7. Dusting off the tux for Palo's. See everyone then!

Thanks dandbsmom for the info on this link

I'll be there too! My brother's family is already booked. I just booked on the 7th and got my docs just last week. I am surprising my brother & wife and DN-2 & 5, along with my daughter who is 16.

This is our first DCL cruise and I am soo excited just because I am surprising everyone.

Now whats this sign thing y'all are talking about?

I am hoping for some better weather - its been chilly here in FL. I am on the east coast about 90 miles south of Port Canaveral.

Okay, it is snowing like CRAZY here today. I am SO READY for warm - I'll take a sweatshirt on the beach anyday compared to this frigid weather. Oh, and I had my sonogram today! Our number three is officially a BOY!!! We are so thrilled. My DD was really hoping for a girl this time, but when we reminded her it meant she didn't have to share a room, she got over it :cheer2: we leave for n.c. in two days!! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter