Jamie's Journal (comments welcome please!)

eeyore25

DIS Veteran
Hello All. I am fairly new to the DIS and to WISH. I have been lurking for a while and then I decided to take the plunge and start a journal. I have been reading other's journals here and have found that they are very helpful.

A little about me. I am 26 years old and married to a great guy. We don't have any kids. I have not really stuggled with my weight much until about 6 years ago. When I was in high school I met my husband and I was thin and I smoked at that time. Then one day about 6 years ago I decided that I wanted to give that up. Cold turkey. I chose food to help with my addiction. What a bad idea that was. But I can't change the past, I have to look to the future. It seemed that I got fat overnight, I know that is not the case but that is what it feels like. The last time I was at the doctor I weighed in at 220

I have started so many times to lose weight and then I give up. I love to eat out, so I always say, one more of this and then I am going on my diet. Well that has to stop and it has to stop now. I am really committed to doing this. I know that this is going to be hard, specially because I am a very picky eater. I don't like a lot of things. Not only that but I am the only one that needs to lose weight. If my DH loses any more there will be nothing more of him! So here it goes.

Yesterday:

B at 5:30am 1/2 cup fruit loops, with 1/2 cup milk
S at 8:30am 1 nature valley granola bar
L at 1:00pm (was really busy at work) 1/2 cup of soup
S at 3:00pm 1 nature valley granola bar
D at 6:30pm scrambled eggs and a small tortilla
I didn't get in any exercise yesterday...bad I know. I will look forward to today though
I need to drink more water. I usually do but yesterday was a very busy day. I don't drink soda, just water....so that helps.

Thanks Dissers for listening!

Hi Jamie!!!!!!!!! Welcome to WISH!!! A few handy dandy tips for you! And then a cheer...

:cool1: Make sure to read others journals. They help a BUNCH!
:flower: Drink lots and lots and LOTS of water.
:sunny: Get that exercise in! Even a few minutes while watching TV (commercials of course!), situps and pushups.
;) You can do this! Check all negative attitudes at the door, negative thoughts too. If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, you're right. Not that you have a negative attitude or anything, but if you get one, put it in its place!

Now for the cheer:
:cheer2: Lose those Pounds!
:cheer2: Yes, that's right
:cheer2: We'll win this fight
:cheer2: Support, water-food, exercise
:cheer2: You'll look good before your eyes
:cheer2: So stand up, get ready
:cheer2: Good luck to you!
:cheer2: Jump on the wagon, begin your journey!
:cheer2: You CAN do this, it's true!

Good luck!

Good Morning,

Thanks for the advice. I've been reading others journals and they are helping loads! I think that is really what motivated me to get this going again and to stick with it this time. I love the cheer! Thanks!

Well yesterday was a good day and a bad day. I did good all day long until I got home. DH wanted to go for ice cream and well, I could not turn that down. I should have and I knew it, but I wanted it soo bad. But I did get in some excersice so that helps.

Yesterday:

B at 5:30am 1/2 bowl of fruit loops with 1/2 cup milk
S at 8:30am 1 nature valley granola bar
L at 12:00pm chicken nuggets and corn
D at 6:15pm 2 corn quesadilla's with non fat motzeralla (?) cheese and 1tbsp salsa
7:00pm 1 regular oreo sonic blast. That was good, but bad!!!!
I drank about 64 oz of water yesterday so that was better than the day before!
I exercised for 20 minutes on the ellipitcal and then did about 45 minutes of yard work. I walked around the block with the dogs also.

So all in all I think I had a pretty good day.

I will always be a day behind in posting, as I don't get much time when I get home.

Thanks for lisenting!

Thank you!

Hey, ya know what I do? Allow yourself a little bit of a treat each day. It will keep you on the Healthy Eating Track. Kudos to you for getting the exercise in! Good job on the water! :)

It was an AWESOME day for you!!!!!!!!! Keep it up, please! And make good choices!

Welcome! You are at THE MOST SUPPORTIVE place EVER!!!!

Sounds like you have a plan and are determined to stick with it. Just remember that every day is a fresh start and if you blow it one day, just renew your vow to make it thru the next day. ONE day at a time!

Hang in there!

Good Morning,

Thanks for the kind words. It is very nice to have such a supporting place to come. Thanks everyone.

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Actually I think it was darn good!!!! I stayed on track with the exception of two pieces of candy and I missed my morning snack. I was in a meeting that lasted forever!

B at 5:30am 1/2 cup cereal with 1/2 cup milk
S at 8:30am missed :(
L at 11:45am turkey and cheese sandwich with a few goldfish crackers and a peach
S at 2:45pm banana
D at 6:00pm 2 corn tacos with low fat cheese.
My water intake was great, I think. I had 64 oz at work and then another 32 at home.
I got in 20 minutes on the ellipictal and a walk around the block with the dogs.

The one thing that I do need to get is a scale. We don't have one at the house and that makes it hard. My only fear, and I think this is why I have never gotten one, is that my DH will want to see my weight. I am very shy about that with him. He is a great guy, but he just does not know when to be quite! When I get to my goal weight, which is between 150 and 160 I won't mind so much. I guess even when I get below 200 I would not mind that much. So I am up in the air. I think we have a scale here at work that I could use but I am not sure. I am going to have to check.

I can feel that today is going to be a tough day. I am so craving Chick - fil- a. But I am going to have the will power to stick to my lunch that I brought.

Wish me luck :)

Hi Jamie. Don't be too hard on yourself! Drink your water, exercise, watch your food intake. The scale-get one! Bye and good job!

Good Morning,

So yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day. I was craving Chick-fil-a so bad, but I didn't give into it. I stayed pretty much on track. I was so proud of myself. Today, my boss is taking my self and another supervisor out to lunch, so I have to make healthy choices. This is going to be hard for me specially because there is a lot out there that I don't like. But I will make it through it.

I didn't get in any exercise yesterday. I worked late and was exhausted by the time I got home and had something to eat. I will get it in today after work. I have really decided that I want to start exercising in the morning. I have been getting up at 4:30 this past week so that I could be at work early, but that was just this week. So I am going to try and continue to get up at this time next week so I can get the exercise in before I go to work. We will see.

Yesterday:
B at 5:30am 1/2 bowl of cereal with 1/2 cup milk
S at 8:30am 1 banana
L at 11:45am turkey and cheese sandwich
S at 3:00pm 1 banana
D at 6:15pm turkey bacon
I got my water down. I had 64 oz at work but nothing at home. I should have but didn't. Will do better today
So not a really good day, but better than I expected!!!

I have to go to the grocery store this weekend, we need food. I am really glad that I decided to start eating healthy when we didn't have a lot of junk food. That means less that I will have to throw away! I have to sit down and really think of some healthy things to buy for just me since my DH does not eat like I do now!

Have a wonderful day!

Welcome to WISH!!! Starting a journal is a great step to help you keep things under control.

I SO hear you about shying away from discussing weight with DH. Mine doesn't know how much I weigh. He might be able to guess, but we NEVER talk about it. I don't know, it just feels funny. Maybe if you explain that you're kind of sensitive about it and want to keep it to yourself he might understand.

Keep up the great work!!!

Good Morning,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It is hard for me to post on the weekends as we only have one computer and my DH is in school, so he uses it a lot. It seems that the only time I could get on the pc is late at night, and by that time I am too sleepy.

So my boss took us out to lunch on Friday and I think that I did pretty good. We went to the Cheesecake factory....yum! I didn't do as well as I could have, but I didn't overeat either. However, I totally blew it this weekend. I have a really tough time with weekends. My DH and I ride motorcycles and we are always out on the weekends and when we get hungry we usually stop for fast food and get something. Not the best, but sometimes we just don't have a choice.

I got in some exercise this weekend, not as much as I wanted but some. Since we ride, there is some upper body "exercise" that you have to do. Leaning the bike, turning the bike that kind of stuff. Yesterday I had to mow the lawn and that was a chore. Our grass seems to go like mad so I have to mow it every 3-5 days! So I got some exercise there. The dogs and I went for a 20 minute walk last night. So that is about the only exericse that I got.
I did drink a ton of water. I could not get enough in me this weekend. It was hot, so I am sure that is part of the reason. I am not really sure as to how much I drank, I lost count after 64 oz both Saturday and Sunday!

Friday:
B at 5:30am 1/2 cup of cereal with 1/2 cup milk
S at 8:30am handful of gold fish crackers
L at 11:30am Cheesecake Factory - Fried chicken with mayo and swiss cheese. I had french fries, but I picked at those. Didn't really eat a lot.
S at 3:00pm banana
D at 6:00pm 1 corn quesadilla with non fat cheese

Saturday:

B at 6:00am 1/2 cup cereal wity 1/2 cup milk
L at 12:00pm McDonald's crispy chicken sandwith with cheese, mayo and french fries
D at 7:00pm A&W grilled chicken sandwith with mayo and french fries

Sunday:

B at 9:00am 1/2 cup cereal with 1/2 cup milk
L at 2:30pm 1 bean burrito and cheesey potatoes from Taco Bell
D at 6:30pm 1 grilled cheese sandwich.

Like I said this weekend was horrible, but I can't change it. I just have to get back on track this week.

Any one have any ideas what I can't take with me as a snack/healthy lunch for when we are riding? It has been hot here, so I can't take anything that needs to be kept cold. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Whew what a day this has been. I have not had a chance to do anything. So I decided that I was going to take a break and post on here what I did yesterday. that is all I have time for right now....

Yesterday:

B at 5:30am 1/2 cup of cereal with 1/2 cup milk
S at 8:30am handful of goldfish crackers and a peach
L at 12:00pm, didn't finish until 1:30pm fried chicken -no skin, mashed potatoes, corn
Skipped my afternoon snack, as I was not hungry.
D at 6:00pm 2 turkey hotdogs

I got in 20 minutes of exercise on the ellipitcal at 4:30 yesterday morning. In the evening after dinner I helped DH with sprinklers.

I got down about 64 oz of water.

Pretty good day I think!

Thank!

Good Afternoon,

Well today is not much better than yesterday! I have been crazy busy around here. I just can't seem to find time for anything but work!!!!

So yesterday was a pretty good day I think. I got in my exercise yesterday morning on the elliptical. I drank all my water, 64 oz here at work, and then I had a ton more at home! The only cheating that I did, was one piece of butterscotch candy! YUM! My favorite. I did skip breakfast, I just was not hungry. I know that I should eat even when I am not hungry, but I just didn't want anything.

Yesterday:
B skipped
S at 8:30am 1 peach
L at 12:00pm 1 can of Healthy Choice chicken with rice soup
S at 3:00 1 peach
D at 7:00pm Village Inn - 1/2 fried chicken sandwich with a few french fries

Outside of skipping breakfast, I had a pretty good day.

I have to apologize for not getting to others journals latley. I have been so busy at work that I really don't have time to do much. I just want to make sur that I can post here what I am doing. By the time I get home, I can't get on the computer as my DH is working on school work. So it is very hard. I will get better.

Have a great evening!

Thanks for listening

This may sound like a dumb question, but how do I get one of those ticker thingys? I would love to have something like that.

Thanks!

hey there, just keep on keeping on and you'll do fine!

to get a ticker you can go to www.tickerfactory.com and there is a button for weight loss, just follow the prompts and then you need to copy and past the first big set of code into your siggy tag...that's it :) HTH

jen :flower:

Hi Jamie!

Just got caught up on your journal, looks like you are making some great choices to get to a healthier you! I do love your attitude when you feel you may have made a not so good choice though, that you can't change that it happened but you can control what comes next. I definitely take that to heart!

Hope that you have a great night!
Mike :cheer2:

Hello,

WEll things have calmed down some here so I am able to read other's journals and post some too. Thank goodness. I like being busy but these last few days were crazy!

So yesterday was another pretty good day. I was so hungry when I got home at 5:00 that I had to have a small handful of goldfish crackers. I don't know what the problem was. I was light headed and after I had the goldfish I was fine until dinner. I don't if maybe I am not getting enough during the day, or I was just hot. I don't know. I will watch it and see if it happens again. I got up and did the elliptical for 20 minutes in the morning. I am really enjoying that. I have so much more energy throughout the day. I got down 64 oz of water at work and then another 32 after dinner. I am not sure if I have lost any weight as I still don't have a scale, but my pants this morning were a little looser so that must be a good sign! I really need to buy a scale but I don't really want to because of DH. He keeps saying that we need one too for the dogs. (Haley was put on a diet as well and we want to track her weight loss!) But I just know that when we get it he is going to want me to get on it and I don't really want to do that. I will figure something out though.

B at 5:30am not quite a 1/2 cup cereal with less than 1/2 cup milk
S at 8:30am 1 small peach and 1 nature valley granola bar
L at 11:45am 3 very small corn cheese enchilladas with 1 cup rice
5:00pm 1 small handful of goldfish crackers
D at 6:00pm 2 turkey hot dogs
7:00 1 bomb pop :sad2:

Mike,

Ya know it was hard for me to get to the point of forgetting what I did if I blew it. I used to be the type of person that would have fast food and then feel guilty about it and beat myself up. Then I would say forget it. I am just going to be fat for the rest of my life. Even though I am fairly new to WISH this is the place that helped me get over that. I read a lot of journals and every one was telling them this. So I decided that I was not going to feel guilty any more. And so far it has worked thanks to everyone here.

Have a great everyone!
Thanks!

eeyore25 said:
Mike,

Ya know it was hard for me to get to the point of forgetting what I did if I blew it. I used to be the type of person that would have fast food and then feel guilty about it and beat myself up. Then I would say forget it. I am just going to be fat for the rest of my life. Even though I am fairly new to WISH this is the place that helped me get over that. I read a lot of journals and every one was telling them this. So I decided that I was not going to feel guilty any more. And so far it has worked thanks to everyone here.

hey Jamie!

I know exactly what you mean, one bad day leads to a bad week, but no more! I think it is awesome that you found the tools to help you do this. I hope the same for myself and everyone else on this journey!

Keep up your great work! Loose pants are the best kind!
Mike :flower:

So Friday was a very busy day for me. I was going to post Thursdays diet and exercise, but I did't have time after I read some journals and posted there. I hate that I really only have time to post and read at work. It makes things hard. I got a break today as DH didn't have school work to do on the computer so I decided that it was all about me this time! :teeth:

So Thursday was a pretty good day. I didn't get in as much water as I had hoped. But I got in my 20 minutes on the elliptical in the morning and I took the dogs for a 20 minute walk when I got home from work and after dinner.

Thursday:
B at 5:30am less than 1/2 cup cereal with less than 1/2 milk. I measured it but not real good.
S at 8:30am 1 medium peach - no sugar. This one is hard. I have never mentioned it before but I love sugar on my fruit and I have been doing without it for a while know.
L at 11:45am turkey and cheese sandwich with a few gold fish crackers
D at 6:15pm breakfast burrito on a soft taco size shell, 3 slices of turkey bacon and some low fat cheese with 2 scrambled eggs. I only eat about 1/2 and I was done.

I think I only got in about 32 oz of water that day. Should have done better but didn't. I did good on Friday though!

Friday was a pretty good day as well. I forgot my snacks at home so I didn't get any snacks yesterday. But I did get down 64 oz of water and work and another 12 when I got home.

B at 5:30am less than 1/2 cup cereal with less than 1/2 cup milk
S skipped :sad2:
L at 12:15pm turkey and cheese sandwich with a few goldfish crackers. Can you tell I like this???
S skipped :sad2:
D at 6:15pm 2 corn tacos with low fat cheese

I exercised in the morning again on the elliptcal for 20 minutes again. I was going to take the dogs out when I got home, but we had severe weather...it rained and hailed and flooded our street. YUK! So I didn't get out last night.

Today I have a slight problem. We are going to a friends house for dinner and I was asked to bring dessert. They want me to bring an ice cream cake. OMG ice cream is the biggest weakness for me.HELP I am afraid that if I have a little I am going to want more, but I am also afraid that if I don't have any that our hosts will think that I am rude. I don't know what to do.

So far today I have been really good. I got up and did the elliptical for 20 minutes and had a good breakfast and snack. I did about 15 minutes of yard work, clean up from yesterday's hail and flooding and I am about to go eat lunch.

I am thinking with the elliptcal that I am going to change the workout starting Monday. I will start with the next level on Monday. I think I will take tomorrow off!!!

Well I am off to fix some lunch. Have a great weekend and hopefully I can post again later!

Bye

Jamie, sounds like your doing great! You must have an awesome time riding the motorcycles. In college I had some friends with motorcycles & I loved riding them. I never drove the thing, just sat behind and hung on. It was so much fun.

You should get double workout minutes for mowing the lawn. Thats a big workout so don't forget to count it.

As for your icecream cake, have you phoned your friend, told her that your on a diet & will bring something lower calorie? I know when we have friends over I've been substituting sherbet for ice cream. I serve it in my margarita glasses so it looked very impressive. LOL! Somehow presentation always helps. I've found my friends to be very helpful when they know I'm working on losing weight. They all want to help me & are very encouraging. I know that the last time I lost weight, several of my friends joined me on my weightloss journey.

Have fun tonight & keep up the good work! :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter