• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hi y'all! Can we send a box ahead that the AKL staff will hold for us? I need coffee for migraines I get fairly often and thought if it isn't a problem, I'd send these along with some mini half and half creamers. The few pods left in the room will not be enough.

Hi y'all! Can we send a box ahead that the AKL staff will hold for us? I need coffee for migraines I get fairly often and thought if it isn't a problem, I'd send these along with some mini half and half creamers. The few pods left in the room will not be enough.

Just ask for extras at the front desk.

Just ask for extras at the front desk.
If you really want to ship a box ahead, you can.

However, the mini half and half could be a problem.

If you ship at the Post Office, the employee will ask, “Does this parcel contain anything liquid, fragile, perishable, or potentially hazardous?” I don't know what happens if the answer is yes you are shipping liquid, but it's not a hazardous liquid.

This link has info about shipping to Disney:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

There is additional info if you are shipping to a hotel that has a convention center, but AKL doesn't.

The package will be held at the front desk.

Expect a delay if you ship by USPS because mail goes to a central location before it goes to the hotel. You could ship by FedEx or UPS if you prefer.

Another option: since Jambo House has a DVC section, its gift shop sells food. DVC members can get groceries from the gift shop delivered to their room, so you can google Jambo House DVC Grocery Order Form or something like that and look at the list to get an idea of the coffee-related items which should be sold in the gift shop.

Can anyone confirm if the free nightvision goggles have returned to AKL?
We are planning a stay in February, and wondering if nightvision goggles are available, or if the starlight safari is the only option for seeing the animals at night.

Additionally, are the animals on the savannah always out? or are there times of day when they are not roaming around?

We are planning a stay in February, and wondering if nightvision goggles are available, or if the starlight safari is the only option for seeing the animals at night.

Additionally, are the animals on the savannah always out? or are there times of day when they are not roaming around?
They were not out this past weekend, nor were they on the recreation calendar. In fact, we were looking at the animals at dusk so it was getting kind of hard to see and the guide suggested we go to the overlooks in along the hotel corridors for a better view. One would think if they were available they would have told us about them.

Goggles haven't been available for months now...almost a year now, actually, as far as I know.

Animals are mostly always on the savanna! Each species rusted through the barn for a couple of hours every day for wellness checks, but otherwise they're out on the savanna. There are a few species we learned about during Starlight Safari that can't stay on the savanna overnight for various reasons and do spend the night inside...but it wasn't many. All the most popular ones - giraffes, zebras, etc. stay outside.

We're doing 2 nights of our WDW trip at AKL(so Excited!) for Dec 23rd and 24th. Does anyone know if they do events or things in the lobby special for Christmas? I'm more looking forward to spending time at the resort doing stuff those days than I am going to the parks, hah.

We're doing 2 nights of our WDW trip at AKL(so Excited!) for Dec 23rd and 24th. Does anyone know if they do events or things in the lobby special for Christmas? I'm more looking forward to spending time at the resort doing stuff those days than I am going to the parks, hah.
I do not recall anything on the 23rd last year, however, they did have activities during the day/evening on 12/24 and Santa visited that night! They had a photographer there for pics with Santa as well.

Activities Sheet:
IMG_7986.jpeg

Santa:
IMG_7983.jpeg

Hope you have a great time!

I do not recall anything on the 23rd last year, however, they did have activities during the day/evening on 12/24 and Santa visited that night! They had a photographer there for pics with Santa as well.

Activities Sheet:

Santa:

Hope you have a great time!

Awesome, thank you! Getting pretty hyped up now that it's like a month away from our trip. We love AKL and Jiko, we always go eat and look around every trip but have never been able to stay there until now. Can't wait!

We will be back at AKL in January! We switched from WL. We stayed here for 8 nights in September 2022. At first, I was on the it's so isolated and I wish they offered more than bus transportation bandwagon. Then I realized that it's really no different from when we stayed at GF as far as going to Epcot, DHS, & AK. I LOVE Jiko & AK is one of my favorite parks. So here we are so excited to be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter