Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hello everyone. Do all the rooms at Animal Kingdom have balconies? Are there any first floor room with balconies? It was hard to tell from pictures I've looked at.

Hello everyone. Do all the rooms at Animal Kingdom have balconies? Are there any first floor room with balconies? It was hard to tell from pictures I've looked at.
I'm not aware of any AKL rooms that don't have balconies - I believe they all do. An exception might be the value rooms overlooking the parking area - not sure. But technically, there are no first floor rooms at AKL. The rooms begin on the second level, above the animals.

We stayed in a parking lot view at AKL Jambo House last month, and we were in the farthest room on what I’ll call the “bottom” floor facing the walk to the busses which was pretty neat as we could go down a few steps, out the door and we were just a few feet from the bus stop.

Anyway, we had a “balcony” of sorts—it wasn’t strictly ground level, but raised up maybe 4 or 5 feet if memory serves. What we ended up with was a tiny space barely big enough for 3 chairs, and solid cement instead of a wrought iron rail like the other rooms.

We ended up not using it as we were just a few feet from people going to the busses and it was really uncomfortable. That wasn’t a make-or-break for us, but something to consider.

I can’t swear to this, but I do believe the ground level rooms on the water side do have balconies with the wrought iron rather than just a patio.

On a side note, AKL seems to be built as a kind of split level; from our ground level (meaning up just a few feet) room on the parking lot side, one had to go down the elevator to get to the ground level on the opposite side. I believe that’s why there weren’t any rooms designated first floor. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong on that but my s/o and I had come to the conclusion while we were there.

I should caveat my reply; in looking at some of my AKL pics, I realized that it looks like rooms that are designated “savannah” rooms probably don’t have ground level balcony/patios.

I took a screen shot of another persons’ video, where it shows that some rooms have the balcony/patio on what appears to be ground level (or close to ground).

Attachments

• IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0396.jpeg
    IMG_0396.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 50

I should caveat my reply; in looking at some of my AKL pics, I realized that it looks like rooms that are designated “savannah” rooms probably don’t have ground level balcony/patios.

I took a screen shot of another persons’ video, where it shows that some rooms have the balcony/patio on what appears to be ground level (or close to ground).

We will specify upper floor on our request and see if we get it. Since we booked resort view I don't really think to make any other requests?

Thanks.

We will specify upper floor on our request and see if we get it. Since we booked resort view I don't really think to make any other requests?

Thanks.
I'm not aware of any rooms without balconies at the AKL. If you do get one, however, you can always request a change to a different room. It might take a day, but they should be able to move you. It looks like resort view is the new name for what was once called standard view. There were some rooms in this category that have a view of the 'people pens' where people go if they have to evacuate the hotel. Those rooms include a partial view of the savannah and animals. This is a great view for the price, IMO. You may want to request one of those. Just be aware that it would be lucky to get one and you are more likely to have a parking lot or roof view. It never hurts to make the request, just don't get your hopes up too high and be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Have you looked at a resort map of AKL? FYI: Touringplans.com, for example, has floor plans and some room view pictures so that you can get an idea of what room you may want to request. This website has an annual fee, maybe something like $10?( sorry I'm not sure of the cost). But they will send a room request for you if you purchase access and input your reservation details. It also has some plans for saving time, crowd predictions and other neat planning information.

We had a standard view and I asked for a partial view. We had a view of the people pens and a post, but some great views of the giraffes, zebras and antelope. I loved it!
Did you just say partial view when you requested? I thought I had seen before that they wouldn't take that request. We have a "resort" view in September and I would love a partial view, but I'm not sure how to word the request.

Did you just say partial view when you requested? I thought I had seen before that they wouldn't take that request. We have a "resort" view in September and I would love a partial view, but I'm not sure how to word the request.
Yes, I called front desk about a week out and asked for partial savanna view , close to the lobby. It was perfect. We were right in a little corner where there were tress that giraffes came to eat breakfast and dinner! I’ll try to post a picture

I'm not aware of any rooms without balconies at the AKL. If you do get one, however, you can always request a change to a different room. It might take a day, but they should be able to move you. It looks like resort view is the new name for what was once called standard view. There were some rooms in this category that have a view of the 'people pens' where people go if they have to evacuate the hotel. Those rooms include a partial view of the savannah and animals. This is a great view for the price, IMO. You may want to request one of those. Just be aware that it would be lucky to get one and you are more likely to have a parking lot or roof view. It never hurts to make the request, just don't get your hopes up too high and be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

Have you looked at a resort map of AKL? FYI: Touringplans.com, for example, has floor plans and some room view pictures so that you can get an idea of what room you may want to request. This website has an annual fee, maybe something like $10?( sorry I'm not sure of the cost). But they will send a room request for you if you purchase access and input your reservation details. It also has some plans for saving time, crowd predictions and other neat planning information.

Touringplans is around $20 for a year, and well worth the money IMHO! In addition to sending a room request for you to Disney, their Lines app is usually a lot more accurate than Disney's app!

I made a request for Kudo trail rooms. When I checked in, I also confirmed the room was on Kudo Trail. We were on the 4th floor, 4378.

Hi again, sorry for questions.

If we booked a non-DVC reservation I assume we will be in Jambo, correct? Also - can we use the pool at Kidani? Which do you all prefer? No children here, but interested in some of the food they serve at the Kidani pool bar.

Thank you

My wife and I are booked in a one bedroom Savannah view in Jambo House In September. Is there a more specific room location I should ask for?

Hi again, sorry for questions.

If we booked a non-DVC reservation I assume we will be in Jambo, correct? Also - can we use the pool at Kidani? Which do you all prefer? No children here, but interested in some of the food they serve at the Kidani pool bar.

Thank you
Disney books DVC villas for cash, so your confirmation should say whether your room is in Jambo House or Kidani Village. In any case, you can use both pools. You can walk between Jambo and Kidani or take the free shuttle that runs back and forth between them. Or any park bus, if you’re going from Kidani to Jambo, or the Disney Springs bus if going from Jambo to Kidani.

Disney books DVC villas for cash, so your confirmation should say whether your room is in Jambo House or Kidani Village. In any case, you can use both pools. You can walk between Jambo and Kidani or take the free shuttle that runs back and forth between them. Or any park bus, if you’re going from Kidani to Jambo, or the Disney Springs bus if going from Jambo to Kidani.

We didn't book a villa, just a standard resort view room. I think the resort stays are in Jambo and DVC is Kidani. I wasn't sure if resort stays were also in Kidani?

Thank you for information about the pool.

We didn't book a villa, just a standard resort view room. I think the resort stays are in Jambo and DVC is Kidani. I wasn't sure if resort stays were also in Kidani?

Thank you for information about the pool.
Yes, there are DVC villas in Jambo along with regular hotel rooms, while Kidani is all DVC. If your confirmation calls it a “room,” it’s a hotel room in Jambo House. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter