Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Delighted to finally be back at AKL in early December to celebrate my 60th thanks to the 35% AP discount released last week! Last two trips were at Coronado, which I loved, but AKL has my heart, it's my favorite place to stay.

Does Bell Services have a refrigerator to store food items in? I live local and will be stopping by Publix before checking in. Just want to make sure deli meat will be OK to store with them from early morning until 4PM when the room is ready... it will be in a cooler bag with icepacks.

Does Bell Services have a refrigerator to store food items in? I live local and will be stopping by Publix before checking in. Just want to make sure deli meat will be OK to store with them from early morning until 4PM when the room is ready... it will be in a cooler bag with icepacks.

Yes, just let bell service know.

Does anyone have the recreation calendar for June? How do the bead activities work? We check in tomorrow and my kids loved watching the artisans make beaded necklaces in DAK this week. Thank you!

Will be at AKL in September and wondered if anyone can share opinions on which Starlight Safari time would be better. 8:30 or 10:00?

How is the room size if you are using a pack and play or an inflatable toddler bed with slumber pod? I haven't been able to find a picture or vlog that shows the room with one. I'm a bit worried about putting a toddler on the second queen so curious what the room would look if that doesn't work. We have a "resort" view 2 queen room.

I've also been looking to make a room request, would the best bet be to ask for zebra or kudu trail for a decent view? I'm really just hoping for an open balcony away from the smoking area (I've been looking at touring plans).

Will be at AKL in September and wondered if anyone can share opinions on which Starlight Safari time would be better. 8:30 or 10:00?
I did 10PM in May and it was great. You get the night vision monocular and it's very cool to see the animals up close on the savannas. When you're close to the animals, the moonlight and ambient light was enough to see them pretty clearly, and I used the night vision device when they were further away. The night vision device is what makes this tour different, so as long as it's dark enough at 8:30 to use the night vision, I'd say either is fine. We chose 10PM to be able to also have dinner at Jiko and then get over to Kidani, but either would be good.

We are staying here in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on fun things for us to do that is resort specific and fun. This will be our first time staying here and have built a good amount of time into our trip to really just enjoy AKL. Thanks so much!

We are booked in a King Savanna view at AKL. Any suggestions for room requests. First time staying at AKL, so don’t really know anything about room location. Thanks for any insights anyone has to offer.

Delighted to finally be back at AKL in early December to celebrate my 60th thanks to the 35% AP discount released last week! Last two trips were at Coronado, which I loved, but AKL has my heart, it's my favorite place to stay.
I am staying deluxe for the very first time at AKL due to a great room discount and will be celebrating my 65th birthday a couple weeks later than my actual date :) I am so looking forward to staying here. Standard room. I have stayed at POFQ several times but couldn't turn down a 35% room discount. happy early birthday to you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter