Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We’re looking at doing a small trip to AKL and I’m wondering if anyone knows If or when the bead activities will return? Their some of my wife’s favorite things to do at Jambo.

We are renting a SUV and staying at Jambo. We have five adults, two young children and two strollers. Which parks do you recommend driving to vs taking the bus? If driving to Magic Kingdom, do you park at the transportation center?

Thank you!

We are renting a SUV and staying at Jambo. We have five adults, two young children and two strollers. Which parks do you recommend driving to vs taking the bus? If driving to Magic Kingdom, do you park at the transportation center?

Thank you!
MK bus goes to MK depot. Cars go the TTC. You may consider the bus there for that reason.

Do the kids need mid-day breaks? Epcot and MK can be a longer walk/ride to your car, but "just missing" a bus can cost you valuable time at any park. Kind of a toss-up.

Last edited:

Thank you!
I would drive everywhere but MK. If ever you need to split the group you can since the bus is available.

Last edited:
Does Sanaa still have mobile order and does it include the entire menu?
I wasn't going to answer because I don't know for sure, but this might bump your question anyway.

We were just there, but we did not use the mobile app. It was an option, however I believe it did not include the entire menu.

I wasn't going to answer because I don't know for sure, but this might bump your question anyway.

We were just there, but we did not use the mobile app. It was an option, however I believe it did not include the entire menu.
I just figured out I could look at MDE app for the menu. Looks like most of it is there!

I haven’t kept up with things at AKL - have all of the rooms been refurbed at this point? i.e.: “wood” floors, Lion King theme, etc.?

The DVC studio villas should have mini fridges; the one in our Kidani studio in January even had a little freezer shelf at top. The regular Jambo hotel rooms might have only a beverage cooler, which doesn’t get as cold as a mini fridge would.

I know this is an old post, but can anyone verify that Kidani rooms still have an actual fridge?

I know this is an old post, but can anyone verify that Kidani rooms still have an actual fridge?
The rooms with separate bedrooms have the full size.

This supports the studios having a mini fridge

• Deluxe Studio — Savanna View: Views of one of the savannas; 1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa; Kitchenette with small fridge and microwave; Balcony

The rooms with separate bedrooms have the full size.

This supports the studios having a mini fridge

• Deluxe Studio — Savanna View: Views of one of the savannas; 1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa; Kitchenette with small fridge and microwave; Balcony

I assumed @keahgirl8 was asking whether the Kidani studios currently have a mini fridge or a "beverage cooler." There has been a lot of controversy on the Dis regarding replacing old mini fridges with beverage coolers. Some people believe beverage coolers do not keep food as cold as mini fridges. (Other people believe beverage coolers do keep food as cold as mini fridges.)

I haven't stayed in Kidani, so I don't know the answer.

I assumed @keahgirl8 was asking whether the Kidani studios currently have a mini fridge or a "beverage cooler." There has been a lot of controversy on the Dis regarding replacing old mini fridges with beverage coolers. Some people believe beverage coolers do not keep food as cold as mini fridges. (Other people believe beverage coolers do keep food as cold as mini fridges.)

Ahh. I was just there, but no one recalls checking the other bedroom to see what it had. Perhaps nothing since it was a 2 bedroom.

That is exactly what I was asking. I just reread my post and realized it wasn't clear. I am not used to staying somewhere that has a full kitchen as an option, so it didn't even occur to me! lol I was trying to ask whether the studios in Kidani have a mini fridge or a beverage cooler. Yes, you are correct that the jury is still out about whether beverage coolers are as good.

Are non resort guests allowed to hang out at the pool area?

Having brunch at Boma and was thinking of going to the pool bar afterward and lounging by the pool. We wouldn't swim or anything. Is that area magic band controlled or otherwise patrolled/limited?

How comfortable are the pull out sofas in the studio rooms? We are considering trying to rent DVC points for the first time as it is a little bit cheaper than a value resort, but the value resort has 2 beds, whereas here only has 1 bed and the pull out sofa. We would be 3 adults and a 7 year old.

How comfortable are the pull out sofas in the studio rooms? We are considering trying to rent DVC points for the first time as it is a little bit cheaper than a value resort, but the value resort has 2 beds, whereas here only has 1 bed and the pull out sofa. We would be 3 adults and a 7 year old.

If it is the same as the one we had in Kindani last month, not very comfortable for adults. I mentioned it after our first night and they said they would send up a foam topper. What we got was an actual thin mattress, and our adult children said it was fine after that.

Reactions: ky.

Having brunch at Boma and was thinking of going to the pool bar afterward and lounging by the pool. We wouldn't swim or anything. Is that area magic band controlled or otherwise patrolled/limited?
I am not familiar with the Jambo pool, but it is likely gated with badge (Magic Band, Room Key, Phone) access.

There are other places outside to enjoy at Jambo. Watch out for the wild animals ;).

Last time we were at Jambo the pool gates did not require a band for entry. Easy to get to the pool bar. That was pre- Covid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter