Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Regular Mr Coffee type coffee makers or Keurigs in standard/value Jambo studios?

Would it be possible to update the Boma prices on the first post. They have changed a lot…
Breakfast
$35 per adult, $21 per child, plus tax and gratuity.
Dinner
$54 per adult, $32 per child, plus tax and gratuity.

Hello! We are planning a trip to AKL in May 2023. We are familiar with CL, but not CL at AKL specifically, and I also know that a lot changed for CL with Covid. Can anyone that has been there recently confirm that one can request beer or wine from CL staff, at times other than the normal evening service (5-7 pm ish)? For example, can we request it during the day, or from 7-10 pm? I know that we used to do this at GF. Both of our kids will be over 21 on this trip and we are doing a bit if a cost analysis, lol! Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.

Hello! We are planning a trip to AKL in May 2023. We are familiar with CL, but not CL at AKL specifically, and I also know that a lot changed for CL with Covid. Can anyone that has been there recently confirm that one can request beer or wine from CL staff, at times other than the normal evening service (5-7 pm ish)? For example, can we request it during the day, or from 7-10 pm? I know that we used to do this at GF. Both of our kids will be over 21 on this trip and we are doing a bit if a cost analysis, lol! Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.
You can get it at any time they are serving snacks/food I believe. So not 24/7 but for vast majority of the day. More of a matter of how confident you feel asking for a beer/wine/mimosa before 10a :)

If anyone knows the price of the Ostrich ornament, please post. On DVC thread someone mentioned a $5 donation. Is that correct? Years ago, I didn’t want to do one, but now, I think I’m ready for that particular souvenir.

Hi guys! We are here for the week and wanted to share the holiday offerings. Santa is here this evening visiting with kids in front of the tree!

CA654126-91ED-40C2-8535-8D05212558AA.jpeg99B061B3-9298-4314-94E6-3E870C79C607.jpeg

There are also holiday activities on 12/24 and 12/25

6D5BBE08-B927-4E2E-9214-1AFF702E75E5.jpegABA8D650-083D-4B96-97B6-7CB8EC9EE1B6.jpeg

I’m also posting AKL CL food offerings over on the CL thread if anyone is interested. Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Also wanted to add, we came back to the room to find this nice surprise…

6336D424-FCF1-49A8-821E-C2CFE7E32E48.jpeg

88BF1D00-3F1F-4984-915A-DFFF5A23887F.jpeg

Considering AKL for December 2023. How much are uber/lyft rates averaging to the parks? We won't have a car but sometimes like to do mid-day breaks, and I know busses can be slow.

Considering AKL for December 2023. How much are uber/lyft rates averaging to the parks? We won't have a car but sometimes like to do mid-day breaks, and I know busses can be slow.
We used it a couple of times on recent trips, It was about $22 for an XL from AKL to Contemporary (assume same for MK) and around $14 from BW to AKL. We didn't actually use them to go to the parks but did use to get to/from dinner reservations but should give you an idea. These costs were minus tips.

Last edited:
We will have our grandchildren (ages 20 months and 4.5 years) at Jambo House. There will be one day when we stay with them while their parents trek to Universal. Any suggestions for things to do other than swimming? We don't want character dining because their parents will want to be there for that. Is there a playground open?

We will have our grandchildren (ages 20 months and 4.5 years) at Jambo House. There will be one day when we stay with them while their parents trek to Universal. Any suggestions for things to do other than swimming? We don't want character dining because their parents will want to be there for that. Is there a playground open?
Yes, there’s a nice playground for the kids. There’s also Simba’s Clubhouse, which has board games, video games, pottery, coloring, movies, etc. There’s also an arcade. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter