Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Are the Kidani Village 1 bdrm Villas nice? We are a family of 5, and are trying to figure out what deluxe to stay at. Never stayed in a villa before. It's a standard room. How is the pool? And is there anywhere to get mugs refilled in Kidani? TIA for any help!

Are the Kidani Village 1 bdrm Villas nice? We are a family of 5, and are trying to figure out what deluxe to stay at. Never stayed in a villa before. It's a standard room. How is the pool? And is there anywhere to get mugs refilled in Kidani? TIA for any help!
Yes they are! Two full bathrooms, one en-suite to the primary bedroom, which has a king size bed, and one off the living room, which has a queen size sleeper sofa and a twin size sleeper chair. Full kitchen, full size refrigerator and freezer, and in-room laundry. You can use both the Kidani and the Jambo pools. If you have a car, you park under the building, out of sun and rain, by the closest elevator to your room. There’s a shuttle that runs every few minutes between Kidani and Jambo, so easy access to restaurants in both.

The main drawback to Kidani is the length of the hallways — literally, a third of a mile from the lobby to the end of each wing.

Yes they are! Two full bathrooms, one en-suite to the primary bedroom, which has a king size bed, and one off the living room, which has a queen size sleeper sofa and a twin size sleeper chair. Full kitchen, full size refrigerator and freezer, and in-room laundry. You can use both the Kidani and the Jambo pools. If you have a car, you park under the building, out of sun and rain, by the closest elevator to your room. There’s a shuttle that runs every few minutes between Kidani and Jambo, so easy access to restaurants in both.

The main drawback to Kidani is the length of the hallways — literally, a third of a mile from the lobby to the end of each wing.
Thank you! This was so helpful! One other question....we will have a car. Do you have to take an elevator from the parking garage up to your room or are their stairs you can use?

Thank you! This was so helpful! One other question....we will have a car. Do you have to take an elevator from the parking garage up to your room or are their stairs you can use?
1. We thought the 1-bedroom was great - 2 full bathrooms, king bed, pull-out couch and twin sleeper chair. It was great. Like someone mentioned, the hallways can be long.

2. The long hallways can be solved by parking in the section closest to your room. There are elevators and stairs.

1. We thought the 1-bedroom was great - 2 full bathrooms, king bed, pull-out couch and twin sleeper chair. It was great. Like someone mentioned, the hallways can be long.

2. The long hallways can be solved by parking in the section closest to your room. There are elevators and stairs.
Thank you!

Yes, there are stairs near the elevators. I can’t remember how many floors are in the building, so it might be quite a climb up!

October
10/2 - 10/5 DisneyInDel - Kidani
10/4 - 10/8 cmacdisneyqueen - Jambo
10/5 - 10/9 DisneyInDel - BWV
We will be at Kidani (October 18-20), and then Jambo (October 20-25)...doing 2 nights cash at Kidani before a DVC split-stay at Jambo. I booked DD19 and I in a value studio for 2 nights and then 3 nights in a Value 1BR. We will be moving in and out, but at least we will be at the same resort.

My BFF is taking her husband, son and a friend (who is coming on her FIRST trip to WDW!) and they are doing a 3-resort split! 2 nights at ASMu Family Suite...2 nights in a BWV Boardwalk View Studio and then 3 nights in a 1BR at Kidani.

We will be at Kidani (October 18-20), and then Jambo (October 20-25)...doing 2 nights cash at Kidani before a DVC split-stay at Jambo. I booked DD19 and I in a value studio for 2 nights and then 3 nights in a Value 1BR. We will be moving in and out, but at least we will be at the same resort.

My BFF is taking her husband, son and a friend (who is coming on her FIRST trip to WDW!) and they are doing a 3-resort split! 2 nights at ASMu Family Suite...2 nights in a BWV Boardwalk View Studio and then 3 nights in a 1BR at Kidani.
[/B]
10/18 - 10/20 kristenrice - Kidani
10/20 - 10/25 kristenrice - Jambo

10/03 - 10/05 WL
10/05 - 10/11 AKL Jambo
October
10/3 - 10/5 GM24 - WL
10/5 - 10/11 GM24 - AKL Jambo
10/18 - 10/20 kristenrice - Kidani
10/20 - 10/25 kristenrice - Jambo

Leaving tomorrow to had there for 10 days. Do they still have the same mugs, or did they get any Halloween ones like in past years? Really hoping for new ones.

We returned Sunday from an 8 night stay. We had 2 pool view rooms on Zebra Trail 4470 king room without a day bed & 4472 2 queen beds. These were connecting rooms.

AKL is absolutely stunning! I have wanted to stay here for years. I had read feedback from others about the distance to everywhere except AK. I thought that wouldn't bother me but after staying at BWI & GF, it did after the first couple of days. That is not a complaint, just an acknowledgement, lol. Bus service was fine, we didn't have long waits any time during the trip.

Jiko was by far my favorite meal of the trip & possibly my favorite meal on Disney property! The food & wine selections were wonderful. We also ate breakfast & dinner at Boma, which was great also.

Leaving tomorrow to had there for 10 days. Do they still have the same mugs, or did they get any Halloween ones like in past years? Really hoping for new ones.
I didn't see any halloween ones when we were there last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter