Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Can’t answer the last 2 with any certainty, but the distance never really bothered me. It is farther away from 3 of the 4 parks but the resort is so special, I don’t really care. Once you’re at the resort, you really feel like you are tucked away in your own little corner of the world, and it doesn’t seem like Florida! We always use the busses and I just don’t really mind the time if I’m not the one driving.

Two weeks until check in at Kidani! We fly out to Florida in 10 days. Getting very excited.

Quick question, we will have a car with us. We are thinking we may want to return to the hotel during peak heat and thunderstorms. Would it make more sense in this case to drive to the parks rather than taking the bus?

In reference to the bathrooms, we were in a savanna view, main building fourth floor, queen room and we had tub with shower, we were CL, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Hello! We just booked a stay for September 2023 at AKL and are super excited! I know that the resort is further out but was curious about how far it really is? We have 6 park days with hoppers and are also planning a pool/resort day. I don’t mind riding the buses and we will also have our car so could drive. Is it really as far as people say or does it just feel far out?

Also, is there any way to request a specific building? Hoping for a partial savanna view 😅

And do the rooms really only have showers?

Two weeks until check in at Kidani! We fly out to Florida in 10 days. Getting very excited.

Quick question, we will have a car with us. We are thinking we may want to return to the hotel during peak heat and thunderstorms. Would it make more sense in this case to drive to the parks rather than taking the bus?
Well, there are covers over the bus queues at Kidani and at the parks, so you can stay out of the sun and rain while waiting for the bus to arrive. But no matter what, you’ll be walking uncovered between there or your car parking spot and the parks! :cutie: OTOH at Kidani itself you can park under the building, so at least no slogging to and from the car in the rain, and the car won’t heat up so much while parked at the resort.

We tend to drive when at Kidani, except to MK.

Well, there are covers over the bus queues at Kidani and at the parks, so you can stay out of the sun and rain while waiting for the bus to arrive. But no matter what, you’ll be walking uncovered between there or your car parking spot and the parks! :cutie: OTOH at Kidani itself you can park under the building, so at least no slogging to and from the car in the rain, and the car won’t heat up so much while parked at the resort.

We tend to drive when at Kidani, except to MK.
I was more worried about wait times for the buses and additional stops they may make, especially in the middle of the day.

I was more worried about wait times for the buses and additional stops they may make, especially in the middle of the day.
When I stayed at AKL in May the only wait time that was higher than average midday was when we tried going back from HS around lunch time. We waited about 40-ish minutes for a bus despite seeing multiple Polynesian and Fort Wilderness busses come by. Every other time, wait times were between 10-20 minutes on average. As for additional stops, the bus stops at Kidani first and then Jambo when coming from the parks whereas it stops at Jambo first and then Kidani when coming from Disney Springs.

So… my child just tried to make an Amazon purchase and accidentally sent it to Kidani. I’d been using the stored address from my last trip to look around Amazon Fresh and see what was available. Any idea how I might get the item sent back? We won’t be in Disney for a month, and then we’ll be at CCV!

So… my child just tried to make an Amazon purchase and accidentally sent it to Kidani. I’d been using the stored address from my last trip to look around Amazon Fresh and see what was available. Any idea how I might get the item sent back? We won’t be in Disney for a month, and then we’ll be at CCV!
has it shipped already? you might be able to cancel it

Does anyone know if AKL has rollaways available for Jambo non dvc rooms? My 2 teenagers refuse to share a bed. I’d rather not pack and check the air mattress if I don’t need to. I see conflicting reports on other sites. Anyone have recent experience with it? Thanks!!!

New DVC Owners at AKV!!! Cant wait to book our stay for later this year!! So looking forward to enjoying the resort and the parks!! Has anyone done the art tour around the resort? I don't know if they are currently doing this because of covid or not but I've always thought it looked interesting.

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
July
6/30 - 7/7 DisneyDiana - Jambo House
7/16 - 7/22 ocalla - AKL
7/24 - 7/28 mlggator22 - Kidani
August
8/20 - 8/27 tinkerdee AKL
8/22 - 8/27 Dayzy - AKL
8/23 - 8/30 kittercats85 - AKL
8/30 - 8/31 Baldy - AKL
September
9/3 - 9/11 ktink - AKL
October

10/2 – 10/6 DgBg100106 - BWV

November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL

11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
January
February
March
April
May

5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
June

We are at Kidani August 3-14. Less than three weeks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter