Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

The DVC studio villas should have mini fridges; the one in our Kidani studio in January even had a little freezer shelf at top. The regular Jambo hotel rooms might have only a beverage cooler, which doesn’t get as cold as a mini fridge would.
OK, thank you. Sounds like there's no good way to store leftovers in a regular Jambo room.

Well a "case" of water normally is 24 bottles.

DVC gift shops usually sell 8-packs of 12 ounce bottles of water. The last pricing I saw shows it at $4.49. Water is sometimes in the back storage room of the gift shops rather than out on the shelf, so you would want to ask a cast member if you don't see it.

The gift shop in Kidani Village is smaller than the gift shop in Jambo House, so might have a smaller selection.

I would not expect to see it in the quick service restaurant, but I haven't been lately so I can't tell you for sure.
We got through a lot of water. We got gallon jugs through Instacart and they were only 95 cents each.

I purchased 5-nights lodging at AKL, two 4-day park-hopper tickets, and a rental car as part of a package deal. I don't see any way on MDE to link the 4-day park-hopper tickets to our existing magic bands. Is that something I will have to do at the hotel?

I've deactivated my "no-expiration-date" ticket to prevent days being deducted from it rather than from the tickets I purchased as part of this package deal.

I purchased 5-nights lodging at AKL, two 4-day park-hopper tickets, and a rental car as part of a package deal. I don't see any way on MDE to link the 4-day park-hopper tickets to our existing magic bands. Is that something I will have to do at the hotel?

I've deactivated my "no-expiration-date" ticket to prevent days being deducted from it rather than from the tickets I purchased as part of this package deal.
If the tickets are linked to you in MDE and the MBs are linked to you and showing as Active in MDE, all is well. MBs are simply a key to everything in your MDE account - tickets, room reservations, ADRs, etc. And even though you have deactivated your other ticket, I would check with GR outside my first park just to be certain it won’t be used. (I personally have read of tickets being prioritized but not of their being “deactivated.”)

If the tickets are linked to you in MDE and the MBs are linked to you and showing as Active in MDE, all is well. MBs are simply a key to everything in your MDE account - tickets, room reservations, ADRs, etc. And even though you have deactivated your other ticket, I would check with GR outside my first park just to be certain it won’t be used. (I personally have read of tickets being prioritized but not of their being “deactivated.”)
Thanks, CarolynFH. I was concerned because I didn't see tickets associated with this package listed under "My Magic Bands and Cards", but then I did see them listed in the "Tickets & Memory Maker" tab under My Plans, Reservations and Tickets.

Can anyone tell me if they sell cases of water at Zawadi or MARA.? I drink so much water in the middle of the nights and I cannot deal with tapwater. Just deciding if I’ll be able to buy it there or if I need to look at Amazon or GG. Thanks so much I’m advance.

might actually be cheaper to Uber or taxi out Sherberth rd to 192, there’s a Walmart right there.

or there’s a CVS right on Sherberth rd.

be cheaper than a case at $4.49 I imagine!

Hi - going on a last minute solo night for work at AKL standard studio 2 queens. I want to request a partial view room - any suggestions of specific rooms I should request? Or even floors you prefer

might actually be cheaper to Uber or taxi out Sherberth rd to 192, there’s a Walmart right there.

or there’s a CVS right on Sherberth rd.

be cheaper than a case at $4.49 I imagine!
Thank you for the information...I am hoping to just grab it there....sometimes the convenience is worth it.

Hi - going on a last minute solo night for work at AKL standard studio 2 queens. I want to request a partial view room - any suggestions of specific rooms I should request? Or even floors you prefer

We had room 7344 at Jambo and it had 2 queens and a partial savannah view. The pen and the fencing is the obstruction but honestly we saw the animals pretty much all day and the giraffe hung out there a lot. I don't think we ever looked out and didn't see at least one random animal!

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked before but where can you fill your refillable mugs at Kidani Village? I know you can at the gift shop but I was wondering if there are other spots nearby where they can be filled. And is the gift shop open early enough to where I can refill my cup so I can bring it with me for early entry at the parks? I'm staying at Kidani in May and my group is full of early risers for the parks so we would love to bring some drinks with us in the morning. Thanks!

I think someone here asked for Mears Connect experiences? I got to the MC area at MCO at 9pm tonight. Waited 27 minutes for the bus to leave and Jambo was the 3rd stop (after Caribbean Beach and Coronado).

I think I waited especially long because my flight got in early and I didn’t have any checked luggage. I later saw others from my flight get on the bus 10-15 minutes after me.

Hi, sorry if this has already been asked before but where can you fill your refillable mugs at Kidani Village? I know you can at the gift shop but I was wondering if there are other spots nearby where they can be filled. And is the gift shop open early enough to where I can refill my cup so I can bring it with me for early entry at the parks? I'm staying at Kidani in May and my group is full of early risers for the parks so we would love to bring some drinks with us in the morning. Thanks!
At Kidani you can only fill up at the station in the store which I think is only open 7:30AM-10PM so depending on the hours you may miss it.

You can also fill up at Mara at Jambo which is open a bit earlier/later (7A-11P) but that'd require walking or getting a ride over.

For those that have been recently how have the crowds at the pool been? I tend to like taking an afternoon pool break and just wondering how hard it will be to grab a lounge chair and if the pool itself has been packed with people.

I have a question about late check out or where to freshen up. Our last day, we have a late flight and we are planning to just enjoy the resort and swim at the pools.
However, I do not want to get on a flight across the country with swim hair.
I am staying at the Kidani resort.
Do you guys know if it is possible to get a late check out?
If not, does anyone have any recommendations about how I can freshen up before heading to the airport. We would need to leave around 1:30 pm to head to the airport.

I have a question about late check out or where to freshen up. Our last day, we have a late flight and we are planning to just enjoy the resort and swim at the pools.
If not, does anyone have any recommendations about how I can freshen up before heading to the airport. We would need to leave around 1:30 pm to head to the airport.

Normally, late checkouts are not allowed at DVC resorts because of the time required to get the room cleaned for the next guest. However, I'm sure someone will speak up if they have had a different experience.

Normally, late checkouts are not allowed at DVC resorts because of the time required to get the room cleaned for the next guest. However, I'm sure someone will speak up if they have had a different experience.
I don’t count on it- but am usually successful when asking. We just got extended at beach club in September in DVC but we’re told no in CSR tower in March. I honestly don’t think it matters whether DVC or not- all matters if they are waiting to get in your room. When we asked at beach club, nobody was anywhere around cleaning and nobody even knocked at all before 11. So I think they were just understaffed and there was nobody waiting to clean it yet anyways

I don’t count on it- but am usually successful when asking. We just got extended at beach club in September in DVC but we’re told no in CSR tower in March. I honestly don’t think it matters whether DVC or not- all matters if they are waiting to get in your room. When we asked at beach club, nobody was anywhere around cleaning and nobody even knocked at all before 11. So I think they were just understaffed and there was nobody waiting to clean it yet anyways
When you ask, do you ask at check in? Or do you ask the day you are checking out?

unless they haven't reopened them yet, there are showers in the restroom by the Jambo pool. I'm not sure if they also have them at Kidani or not.

When you ask, do you ask at check in? Or do you ask the day you are checking out?
I usually wait until the morning of. If not they just may say no to not make any promises. But the morning of they usually know approximately when mousekeeping will be in that area to clean that room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter