Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around bus transportation from jambo. We got reservations at ohana at 6pm Sunday but no rental car.

Would it make sense to do the following?
Jambo to Poly - take AK Park bus, transfer to Poly bus
Poly to Jambo - take EP Park bus (open for extra evening hours), transfer to jambo bus. I was thinking transfer at MK but we'll be dealing with crowds at end of night. Our plan was to watch fireworks at poly before we take off.

Or kill all this and take uber/lyft?

Anytime I'm going to another resort, I've just begun taking an Uber. It's so much faster and it's not too expensive at all.

I'm trying to get my head wrapped around bus transportation from jambo. We got reservations at ohana at 6pm Sunday but no rental car.

Poly to Jambo - take EP Park bus (open for extra evening hours), transfer to jambo bus. I was thinking transfer at MK but we'll be dealing with crowds at end of night. Our plan was to watch fireworks at poly before we take off.

I think that sounds like a good plan Jambo to Poly. Getting back, you could also walk to TTC from Poly and hop on the Epcot monorail. Then bus back to Jambo. Uber/Lyft is always an option if you just want to get back quickly.

Suggestions for best grocery store for cheese and meats for a make your own charcuterie as well as other groceries? Will shop myself, I will have a car.

Bus to MK and take the boat to the Poly

What we have done is check for an Uber on the way to bus stop. If we just missed a bus we book the Uber, if a bus comes quickly we take the bus.
If the poly mono station was open I’d also bus to mk but that won’t work now.
Leaving going to Epcot seems good , just remember to walk to TTC to catch the mono .

Last edited:

Suggestions for best grocery store for cheese and meats for a make your own charcuterie as well as other groceries? Will shop myself, I will have a car.

The Walmart or Publix off Ilro Bronson Hwy are prob the best bet. Not too far either. Either should do the job.

Thanks for the great responses! I forgot walking to TTC to catch Epcot monorail was another option. And I meant to say reservations on Monday night, not Sunday since extra evening hours are on Mondays for EPCOT.

Last edited:
Well we just snagged three nights in a Savanna view studio for September 30-October 3!
October
9/30 - 10/3 TikiRob - AKL
10/2 - 10/4 Cynner - Jambo
10/4 - 10/7 Cynner - Kidani
10/7 - 10/14 chekhovgirl Jambo
10/10 - 10/15 karen4546 - AKV Jambo
10/11 - 10/17 Meglen - Jambo
10/17 - 10/19 kdtmagic - AKL
10/17 - 10/19 kmg1107 - Jambo
10/17 - 10/23 Tyra1276 - Kidani
10/19 - 10/27 Christine42566 - Jambo
10/19 - 10/22 meggers628 - Kidani
10/22 - 10/25 kristenrice - Jambo

I think that sounds like a good plan Jambo to Poly. Getting back, you could also walk to TTC from Poly and hop on the Epcot monorail. Then bus back to Jambo. Uber/Lyft is always an option if you just want to get back quickly.
...another alternative would be the bus to DAK and transfer there to a bus to AKL.

The grand villas have a ton of space, I am sure there is room for you :)
....we start school tomorrow, so no chance of going to WDW few at least 2 months...he's invited my oldest DS, his DW, and their DD [my DGD, who is just 10 months old], along with his DGF's sister and brother-in-law...I know they'll have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter