Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Do any other booked at Jambo on dvc points see a glitch in their dashboard this morning for their upcoming reservations? We have confirmed bookings and just the ones at Jambo no longer show the hotel and show an error when I click for more details. Our BWV room still shows. Hopefully just a glitch that resolves itself. It’s for all of our upcoming reservations not just august,

Attachments

• 534D669C-10D9-46FA-AA83-B384DF35B632.jpeg
    534D669C-10D9-46FA-AA83-B384DF35B632.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DVC.png
    DVC.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 18
Do any other booked at Jambo on dvc points see a glitch in their dashboard this morning for their upcoming reservations? We have confirmed bookings and just the ones at Jambo no longer show the hotel and show an error when I click for more details. Our BWV room still shows. Hopefully just a glitch that resolves itself. It’s for all of our upcoming reservations not just august,
This is exactly what my reservation looks like for Oct 17-19. MDE is still showing it as reserved/same room (I immediately checked because I was worried it cancelled). Pretty annoyed because I have been stalking for a modification and with this even if there is one I can’t modify. Hopefully it is just a glitch!
ETA: my reservation for SSR in January is coming up as normal/booked so it is only this DAKL reservation that I am having issues with.

This is exactly what my reservation looks like for Oct 17-19. MDE is still showing it as reserved/same room (I immediately checked because I was worried it cancelled). Pretty annoyed because I have been stalking for a modification and with this even if there is one I can’t modify. Hopefully it is just a glitch!
ETA: my reservation for SSR in January is coming up as normal/booked so it is only this DAKL reservation that I am having issues with.
I’m having the same issue. I have a reservation at Jambo in November and one at Kidani in January that’s not showing. All other reservations are fine. Im also staking for a modification for November, and can’t do it right now.

Same thing. Jambo Mar 2022 not showing resort in MDE or DVC. Looks fine, though, on WDW website… which is no help if you want to modify!

I just saw this on the Kidani booking site: From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Guests staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village may enjoy the Uzima Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House.

That means the Jambo pool will be crowded during a very busy time. They don't have this notice on the Jambo booking site, so I thought I would put it here so others knew before booking Jambo. They really should put the notice on both, since people use both pools.

We're here now and the Zawadi Marketplace is making lots of progress. Yesterday the store was filled with piles of boxes but not much else. This afternoon the boxes were gone, clothes were on mannequins, merchandise was placed in most of the store and even the refrigerator section had a few items already. Hoping the store opens before we leave on the 22nd! Glad we will also have the option to book Boma before we leave.

On a different note, we noticed in multiple resorts that bell services now lets guests take their own luggage carts to their room. Previously, they never let us take one by ourselves, the cart always had to be accompanied by bell services.

Very very exciting! We booked just 1 night as we needed to add a day at the front of the trip. We were initially bummed that nothing was going to be open August 20 - 21 but were just happy to be staying there for 1 night. Now we have reservations for Boma & Victoria falls may be open on Friday the 20th! Yay! Now if the store will just be open by the 20th it will be perfect.

Just walked by Boma, lots of activity the past few days. They had a big staff meeting where it looked like they were going over menus and today all of the buffet displays are getting set up. Looks like they are also practicing the dishes in the kitchen. Jambo is so sleepy, my kids think it is a bit creepy in the lobby (we were the only people in there multiple times over the last few days). Can't wait for things to open back up and bring Jambo back to life!

Just walked by Boma, lots of activity the past few days. They had a big staff meeting where it looked like they were going over menus and today all of the buffet displays are getting set up. Looks like they are also practicing the dishes in the kitchen. Jambo is so sleepy, my kids think it is a bit creepy in the lobby (we were the only people in there multiple times over the last few days). Can't wait for things to open back up and bring Jambo back to life!

Just walked by too, the sign says there is a private event .

Hi everyone! I’m just venturing back to this thread after multiple postponed trips. Come hell or high water I will be there with my family October 19-22 in a 1 BR Kidani savanna view before transferring to Beach Club Villas.
My question, without digging back too far into the thread, is are the showers open at the Samawati Springs pool? We have a very early arrival flight and we’re planning on a pool and Disney Springs day with no real hope of getting into our room at a reasonable time 😂 I think showers were closed for a time but recently started reopening at other resorts. Thanks!

We're here now and the Zawadi Marketplace is making lots of progress. Yesterday the store was filled with piles of boxes but not much else. This afternoon the boxes were gone, clothes were on mannequins, merchandise was placed in most of the store and even the refrigerator section had a few items already. Hoping the store opens before we leave on the 22nd! Glad we will also have the option to book Boma before we leave.

On a different note, we noticed in multiple resorts that bell services now lets guests take their own luggage carts to their room. Previously, they never let us take one by ourselves, the cart always had to be accompanied by bell services.

The Zawadi Marketplace is the gift shop/store in Jambo right? We arrive next Wednesday 25th, didn't even think about it being closed. The Mara is open for Breakfast and Dinner still?

Also, I have a question about checking in. Is there a way to request a room closer to the lobby or elevator? We have stayed at the resort many times and know how large it is, but unfortunately, my husband just got injured, and any way to save him a few steps would help.

Last edited:
The Zawadi Marketplace is the gift shop/store in Jambo right? We arrive next Wednesday 25th, didn't even think about it being closed. The Mara is open for Breakfast and Dinner still?

Also, I have a question about checking in. Is there a way to request a room closer to the lobby or elevator? We have stayed at the resort many times and know how large it is, but unfortunately, my husband just got injured, and any way to save him a few steps would help.
Call disney and request it and tell them about your husbands injury. If phone is too long a wait you can ask at checkin.

Try usiing the app. All current open restaurants will show for QS when you try to book a window/order food. Just cancel after you look.

We're at Jambo for Oct 2-4, and then over to Kidani from Oct 4 - 7. So really get to compare the rooms and locations!
Got Boma reservations, but honestly I an angsty about whether or not it's worth it's price with picky eaters?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter