Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Someone is at the pool now disinfecting chairs and asking guests to fold seat backs forward when !eaving

Is anyone at akl this week? Saw posts and confirmed Mara has hours listed for breakfast starting tomorrow. Wondering if anyone can confirm tomorrow it is indeed reopened for breakfast and how menu looks.

Are they still doing across resort delivery of luggage and other goods? We're doing a Jambo and Copper Creek split stay and it would be nice if they could transfer the luggage.
Yes.

Had no issues going from Boardwalk to Jambo, including my OwnerLocker and refrigerated bag of groceries. Bell Services tagged them before I went to the park and they were waiting for me at AKV when I got my room assignment. Quick call to Bell Services there and I was all set.

I know some people do the transfer themselves but I find it so much easier to let them take care of it!

Is anyone at akl this week? Saw posts and confirmed Mara has hours listed for breakfast starting tomorrow. Wondering if anyone can confirm tomorrow it is indeed reopened for breakfast and how menu looks.
I am here now and that would be awesome! I just checked the Disney website and it has Mara hours posted (ie: not unavailable) from tomorrow thru January 2nd. Trying to confirm

ETA: A CM at Jambo confirmed that emails went out yesterday stating Mara will be opening tomorrow!

Last edited:

I am here now and that would be awesome! I just checked the Disney website and it has Mara hours posted (ie: not unavailable) from tomorrow thru January 2nd. Trying to confirm

ETA: A CM at Jambo confirmed that emails went out yesterday stating Mara will be opening tomorrow!
Is this just for the holidays or for good? That would be amazing and save me when traveling with a kid

Thank you for the update. Looking online the menu seems rather limited so hoping there’s more to it. Please keep me posted.

Mara currently. I don’t know if the floor spacing markers are new
It is only breakfast. But I was told the pool bar will be open daily with limited food items and mug refills through January 2nd.

Hello! Does anyone know if the playground has reopened? I noticed the one at Caribbean beach was open last month.

Hello! Does anyone know if the playground has reopened? I noticed the one at Caribbean beach was open last month.
It’s closed

Attachments

• FC3FF6A8-4A3E-4E96-A9DC-59DDB33D1611.jpeg
    FC3FF6A8-4A3E-4E96-A9DC-59DDB33D1611.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 13
It is only breakfast. But I was told the pool bar will be open daily with limited food items and mug refills through January 2nd.
Anyone have updates on the Mara opening? Did breakfast have any interesting surprises or was it just basic grab and go items like yogurt and pastries?

Anyone have updates on the Mara opening? Did breakfast have any interesting surprises or was it just basic grab and go items like yogurt and pastries?
No surprises. No hot food. Only what is listed on the Disney website. A bit of a disappointment (for me)

I was told by a CM there that this was an experiment to test demand. But, how can you test demand by not offering hot food?

No surprises. No hot food. Only what is listed on the Disney website. A bit of a disappointment (for me)

I was told by a CM there that this was an experiment to test demand. But, how can you test demand by not offering hot food?
Yeah I feel like a lot of reopening is offering reduced option, getting poor reception, and using the reception to justify the lack luster effort due to low demand. I imagine a true reopening of Mara with the quality they had pre-covid even with limited menu would get excellent reception from those staying in kidani. My big concern for upcoming trip is not having enough capacity for guests to eat just at sanaa; guess we’ll just plan to focus our dining off site/cooking in room.

There are social distancing markers on the floor, but in the half dozen times I visited, I was the only guest inside all but once (when there was one other person)!

They now have oatmeal.

No brewed decaf, only regular coffee (and an expresso machine). No items in the public area refrigerators (no zebra domes)

Mara now has Zebra Domes behind the counter :)

Also, Jambo is the place for midnight on NYE (likely due to it having a larger pool space than Kidani).

Last edited:
Mara now has Zebra Domes behind the counter :)

Also, Jambo is the place for midnight on NYE (likely due to the larger pool space available than Kidani).
View attachment 546508
Do you know what activities are going on in general at jambo or kidani? I was excited for kids to try the bead activities but assumed they wouldn’t be happening with covid. If youre able to snag picture of the activity board if up that would be greatly appreciated.

Do you know what activities are going on in general at jambo or kidani? I was excited for kids to try the bead activities but assumed they wouldn’t be happening with covid. If youre able to snag picture of the activity board if up that would be greatly appreciated.
The activity board :)

With the gift shop being closed can you do package delivery to the resort? We have a trip coming up in about 40 days and I am trying to educate myself on all the changes since we haven't really paid attention to any disney related news because we were depressed on canceling 2 trips already.

With the gift shop being closed can you do package delivery to the resort? We have a trip coming up in about 40 days and I am trying to educate myself on all the changes since we haven't really paid attention to any disney related news because we were depressed on canceling 2 trips already.

i was under the impression that you cannot do package delivery from park to any resort at this time, but i could be wrong

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter