Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

No luck!! Just the regular ones (unless we happened to be there and they were all gone) The coolers there are so much smaller than Mara that there isn’t a ton of variety. (Def pack yourself some snacks!)

Someone earlier reported they were in a freezer?

This may be a dumb question, but here it goes....are the animals still out on the savannas? I'm planning my big 5-0 trip in December and am thinking of splurging on a savanna room (renting points) vs staying at another resort if the animals aren't out.
The animals are out. That part is still awesome

The animals are out. That part is still awesome

Thank you! I've stayed there once before with the savanna view and we almost preferred that over the parks some days. I'm probably an odd bird, but I kinda like the idea that everything is closed :), but we won't have any children with us so that makes it much easier.

No luck!! Just the regular ones (unless we happened to be there and they were all gone) The coolers there are so much smaller than Mara that there isn’t a ton of variety. (Def pack yourself some snacks!)

Thanks for checking.

We'll be there in 3 weeks, maybe by some luck we can find some

This may be a dumb question, but here it goes....are the animals still out on the savannas? I'm planning my big 5-0 trip in December and am thinking of splurging on a savanna room (renting points) vs staying at another resort if the animals aren't out.

As JPM4 said, the animals are out. There was an article in the Orlando Sentinel a while back about this exact thing. The keepers they spoke with said that nothing about the animals routines was changed. So the animals that live on the savannas at AKL were still there, and the animals that live on the savannas in the park were still there. The keepers continued to put out feed and browse, and maintain their health behaviors just as they always had.

Has anyone been watching DVC inventory for Kidani?
We are looking to rent points for a savannah view studio 12/6-12/12 but as of now, only Thursday and Friday nights are available.
I’m not sure if we should book the nights individually with the expectation that the rest of the nights will open up, or wait to see if the entire week opens up first.

We are looking to rent points for a savannah view studio 12/6-12/12 but as of now, only Thursday and Friday nights are available.
I’m not sure if we should book the nights individually with the expectation that the rest of the nights will open up, or wait to see if the entire week opens up first.
Is there an acceptable back up that is available now, or is it Kidani or bust for you? I would book an acceptable back up and then book Thurs/Fri at Kidani and wait list the other days. If you are willing to consider a split stay just book the days that aren't currently available at Kidani. I think that is your best chance. I believe for the other Kidani nights to be put back in inventory there would have to be no wait list requests.

@dgbg100106 We'll be there this fall, Oct. 25 - Nov. 1 (Jambo)
& Jan. 2-9 & April 11-17. Lucked up on the value rooms this go round :upsidedow
October
10/8 - 10/11 vamassey1 Kidani
10/12 - 10/20 aml1676 - AKL
10/17 - 10/23 TheCars16 - AKL
10/20 - 11/3 kristenrice - AKL
10/21 - 10/28 Ismo -AKL
10/21 - 11/4 ThinkBelieveDream&Dare - AKL
10/25 - 11/1 kayteekt - Jambo
10/30 - 11/6 DizDaD7 - SSR

January
1/2 - 1/9 kayteeklt - AKL
1/6 - 1/13 gillep AKV CL
1/26 - 2/6 Elsaalltheway - AKL

April
4/4 - 4/10 mom23guys2 - Jambo
4/11 - 4/17 kayteekt - AKL

We'll be there July 11-19, 2021 for our first visit "home". Staying at AKV-Jambo.
November
11/1 - 11/6 P'colaBeachBum - BC
11/4 - 11/10 goodeats - AKL Kidani
11/6 - 11/20 Johnnyg49 - AKL
11/10 ‐11/15 Chime - AKL
11/11 - 11/19 preemiemama - AKV-Jambo.
11/14 - 11/16 brewhome - AKV Jambo
11/15 - 11/20 tinabina919 - AKL Jambo
11/18 - 11/20 Fitzwoman27 - AKL
11/19 - 11/21 melissa723 - AKL
11/21 - 11/28 #1eeyoregirl - AKL Jambo
11/21 - 11/28 henry72 - AKL Kidani
11/27 - 12/5 Tomania- AKL Kidani
11/28 - 12/6 Eeyore daily - AKV Jambo

Can you please add our stay to the list? We will be staying at Kidani 9/16-9/23. Thanks!
September
9/4 - 9/13 arrical8 - Jambo
9/7 -9/12 lexybear - AKL Jambo
9/7 - 913 sweetyk83 - AKL
9/8 - 9/12 Gerweniel - AKL Jambo
9/8 - 9/14 Chenthorne - AKL Jambo
9/8 - 9/16 Jonathan Friedman - Jambo
9/8 - 9/19 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
9/11 - 9/20 AKLover - Jambo
9/13 ‐ 9/1Jess6 .stw AKL
9/13 - 9/26 Disneylvr1972 - AKV Kidani
9/16 - 9/23 everreal15 - Kidani
9/18 - 9/21 denise_q - Kidani
9/22 - 9/25 crazymomof4 - AKL
9/23 - 9/25 osufeth24 - AKL Jambo
9/23 - 10/3 jf256 - AKL
9/26 momimouse27 - Kidani
9/27 - 10/2 karen4546 - AKL
9/27 - 10/4 sndral - AKV Kidani
9/28 - 10/7 Disnerd6838 - Kidani

November
11/1 - 11/6 P'colaBeachBum - BC
11/4 - 11/10 goodeats - AKL Kidani
11/6 - 11/20 Johnnyg49 - AKL
11/10 ‐11/15 Chime - AKL
11/11 - 11/19 preemiemama - AKV-Jambo.
11/14 - 11/16 brewhome - AKV Jambo
11/15 - 11/20 tinabina919 - AKL Jambo
11/18 - 11/20 Fitzwoman27 - AKL
11/19 - 11/21 melissa723 - AKL
11/21 - 11/28 #1eeyoregirl - AKL Jambo
11/21 - 11/28 henry72 - AKL Kidani
11/27 - 12/5 Tomania- AKL Kidani
11/28 - 12/6 Eeyore daily - AKV Jambo
Thanks for adding us, but it's July (7/11-7/19) 2021. :goodvibes

Is there an acceptable back up that is available now, or is it Kidani or bust for you? I would book an acceptable back up and then book Thurs/Fri at Kidani and wait list the other days. If you are willing to consider a split stay just book the days that aren't currently available at Kidani. I think that is your best chance. I believe for the other Kidani nights to be put back in inventory there would have to be no wait list requests.

Thank you!
It’s definitely Kidani or bust.
We are doing 16 nights at the Beach Club Villas right beforehand but have stayed there the last 2 years. My husband has been wanting to stay at AKL since we started going to Disney together while still dating in 2008! I have 2 little boys and I think the animals will be an awesome draw for them while looking to relax at the resort a bit after 2+ weeks in the parks. The Beach Club is beautiful and at a great location but between my husband dreaming of staying at AKL and looking to stay somewhere that’s all around more kid friendly during the last week of our stay, I think I’d be crushed if we ended up anywhere else.

I figure if we’re looking to do AKL the savanna view is a no brainer. There’s 4 night of availability in a Kidani standard but if we’re going to be staying there we’d want to take advantage of the balcony and views.

I was looking for December 14-21 Studio Savanna view and was unable to find one so booked the Swan instead. I'll be stalking DVC availability in the meantime since I can cancel the Swan until Dec 9 with no penalty!

I was looking for December 14-21 Studio Savanna view and was unable to find one so booked the Swan instead. I'll be stalking DVC availability in the meantime since I can cancel the Swan until Dec 9 with no penalty!

Good luck! I just nabbed a confirmed rental for our dates. I just don’t want to take any chances we’ll get locked out.

Beyond excited for my first stay at AKL!

Question... at Beach Club Villas the sizes of the balconies vary. Last year we had a corner room with a HUGE wrap around balcony, probably the size of 3 of their regular balconies. Is this the case at Kidani or are they all exactly the same size?
We used the extra space for the kids to play. If there are any larger balconies we’d love to request one.
Thanks all!

Attachments

• 63A87099-5189-4270-BBF7-58F8016FB1AF.jpeg
    63A87099-5189-4270-BBF7-58F8016FB1AF.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 14
So have I made a mistake switching from Pop to Jambo? I've stayed at AKL many times, so I know the differences, but with so few food options, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake. What's the concensus?

Good luck! I just nabbed a confirmed rental for our dates. I just don’t want to take any chances we’ll get locked out.

Beyond excited for my first stay at AKL!

Question... at Beach Club Villas the sizes of the balconies vary. Last year we had a corner room with a HUGE wrap around balcony, probably the size of 3 of their regular balconies. Is this the case at Kidani or are they all exactly the same size?
We used the extra space for the kids to play. If there are any larger balconies we’d love to request one.
Thanks all!
That's great, I was going to mention I thought I saw one on Dave's. There are some AKL gurus on the DVC Resort thread. I would reach out over there if you don't get an answer here. I am thinking about joining Touring Plans again, not for touring plans but to check out the view from the rooms, their resort info is fantastic (or at least was), really helpful. I will be resv a 3 bdrm at Jambo for next spring (hoping the rest of the resort is opened up). That might be an option for you also. I think it is $16 for the year, not a big deal in the scheme of things. We also had our 1st visit to AKL after a 10 day stay at BCV. We fell in love and bought there so be careful :).

Last edited:
So have I made a mistake switching from Pop to Jambo? I've stayed at AKL many times, so I know the differences, but with so few food options, I'm thinking I may have made a mistake. What's the concensus?
I think for me it would be a little eerie with everything closed but I would not be concerned about the food. I know the picking are slim right now but I don't think you will go hungry. You might have to be a little more strategic though. When are you going?

Sitting on my balcony right now, I can see 20 animals, at least five different types. That’s not counting the giraffes that were out here a little while ago. We are really enjoying the savannah view

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter