Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I know there are some differences between AKL rooms and DVC studios so I just wanted to check on two items (we're staying in an AKL Standard Studio (Jambo) using rented DVC points):

Do the DVC rooms have hairdryers?
What kind of coffee maker is in the room?

Thanks!

Standard studios have a hair dryer in a fabric bag, usually on the bathroom shelf but sometimes in the closet. It is a drip coffee maker (8 Cup).

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2019 & 2020
If you have any updates please let me know…
June
6/26 - 6/30 kdogfister - AKL Jambo
6/28 - 7/2 Crazy Kanga - AKL
6/30 bobbie68 - AKL CL
July
7/1 - 7/2 kimmar067 - AKL
7/2 - 7/6 kimmar067 - BC
7/2 - 7/6 suse66 - AKV
7/13 - 7/16 Amy M - AKL CL
7/19 - 7/22 eratess - AKL Jambo
7/24 - 7/31 Lilysmom - Kidani
7/25 - 7/28 vinotino - AKL CL
7/28 - 7/31 DisneyDiana - AKV CL
7/28 - 8/3 cakebaker - AKL CL
August
7/29 - 8/4 mum22girlz - AKL Jambo
7/29 - 8/4 Wayland10 - AKL Jambo
7/30 - 8/10 OThopeful35 - AKL
7/31 - 8/4 DisneyDiana - AKV Jambo
8/1 - 8/6 alex9179 - AKL
8/10 - 8/12 isabellea - AKL (no park stay)
8/11 - 8/17 bigjon94 - AKL Jambo
8/12 - 8/15 TMEF23 - AKL
8/13 - 8/17 anguyen - AKL
8/14 - 8/23 eeyore29 - AKL Jambo
8/19 - 8/24 stace1214 - AKL
8/22 - 8/30 Jennie2003 - AKL
September
9/2 - 9/10 sethschroeder AKL
9/3 - 9/10 Micharlotte AKL
9/3 - 9/17 Welsh_Dragon AKL
9/7 - 9/13 Jennasis - AKL
9/9 - 9/19 BabyFu18 - AKL
9/23 - 9/28 DGBG100106 - Aulani
October
10/1 - 10/10 wifey - AKL
10/27 - 10/30 P'colaBeachBum - AKL
November
11/7 - 11/10 DisneyDiana - Kidani
11/12 - 11/17 minie_meese - AKL Jambo
11/16 - 11/18 RADOPT - AKL CL
11/16 - 11/24 rubysparkles - AKL
11/23 - 11/28 Shelleyfs - AKV
December
11/30 - 12/14 - Ashleylvsgoofy - AKL
12/1 TammyLynn33 - AKL Jambo
12/5 - 12/8 MemphisVanessa - AKL CL
12/5 - 12/12 ZOOMAMA - AKL
12/7 - 12/14 NMPensFan - AKL
12/8 - 12/24 Scoobie - AKL Kidani
12/26 - 12/30 elsbit - AKL CL
January
1/8-1/15 gillep - ALK CL (DVC)
1/25 - 1/27 KimBean - AKL
1/25 - 2/2 maranara - AKL
February
2/4 - 2/12 Mollygirl21 - AKV
March
April

4/14 - 4/25 cincystamper - AKL Jambo
May
June

6/28 - 7/4 DisneyDiana - AKV
Our family will be at AKL July 21-27. It's our first stay at AKL and we are really getting excited. Trying to decide which area to request. We have a savanna view, so am thinking I'd like to request Kudu trail for a shot at a renovated room, but please let me know if anyone has any other insight to best location. Thanks, all!

Our family will be at AKL July 21-27. It's our first stay at AKL and we are really getting excited. Trying to decide which area to request. We have a savanna view, so am thinking I'd like to request Kudu trail for a shot at a renovated room, but please let me know if anyone has any other insight to best location. Thanks, all!
July
7/8 - 7/10 mhmcduff - AKL CL
7/21 - 7/27 WendyBelle - AKL

...we arrived on Monday afternoon around 6:10 and immediately headed to check-in:

enhance

enhance

enhance

...the wonderful young CM at the desk, Nina, was absolutely wonderful! Since my DS is a CM [doing DCP] AND it was his birthday, she decided to pour on heaping amounts of Pixie Dust. Instead of a standard room, we got:
That is so amazing and special!

We are visiting from 1st-15th October next year as we're getting married at WDW. We've only booked a standard room and with it being our first time compared to usually being at value resorts, it's a bit of a price difference. We'd look a partial savannah view so keeping everything crossed but realise it's not always the case. Just wow, what a great surprise I bet it was for all of you x

July
...hey, can you please add DizDaD7? [AKL - 7/9-7/12and BC 7/12-7/19]

Gorgeous! We just got back last Monday. Looking at all your pictures are making me sad we are not still there.
....same here....m brother and his family just checked into AKL [DVC] Jambo House this morning...

...hey, can you please add DizDaD7? [AKL - 7/9-7/12and BC 7/12-7/19]
July
7/9 - 7/12 DizDaD7 AKL
7/12 - 7/19 DizDaD7 BC
7/21 - 7/27 WendyBelle - AKL

we are goingin november and im requesting wherever theres a renno room as long as its savannah

Thinking about making a room request... [I know there's no guarantee]
We're booked in a pool view room. Is there such a thing as, "close to Mara, transportation, and an elevator?" Or should I scale that back to, "close to lobby?" We'd also love a refurbished room, unless that puts us out in the boonies. The view doesn't matter much to us, since I know there are many great places around the resort where we can see the animals. I just want easy access to what we'll use the most: the food court, the pool, and the buses.

We're booked in a pool view room. Is there such a thing as, "close to Mara, transportation, and an elevator?" Or should I scale that back to, "close to lobby?" We'd also love a refurbished room, unless that puts us out in the boonies. The view doesn't matter much to us, since I know there are many great places around the resort where we can see the animals. I just want easy access to what we'll use the most: the food court, the pool, and the buses.
Exactly my thoughts - and the pool view is so beautiful too! But I've never been before so maybe I'll feel like I'm missing something if we don't get the savannah view. But really, closest to the amenities is most important, I think...

We requested Giraffe Trail and it was close to the lobby, buses and Mara. There are 2 sets of stairs one by the elevator and one on the end that take you right to the buses. If you get on the elevator and go to 3rd floor you walk right to the lobby. The Mara was down to the first floor and walk by the pool. It was not renovated but great location. We ended up on the 4 th floor with a really nice view of the pool. Actually we requested Giraffe Trail but they had us down for Zebra. I asked if there were any rooms in Giraffe Trail and there was so they changed it. So don't be afraid to ask at check in if you don't get your request. I really don't think they even seen our request.

I'm so confused by the king bed situation when looking at AKL on Touring Plans Room Finder. I see only a handful of "Standard King + 1 day bed" rooms, and a lot of "Garden View 1 King bed" rooms (especially on the Zebra trail). Since the AKL booking site only lists Standard & Savannah King categories, do you think all of the Touring Plans "Garden View" king rooms are actually Savannah view?

I would love it if the answer is no. My ideal would be a partial savannah view king room. Anyone have experience with or knowledge of the king rooms at AKL?

I'm so confused by the king bed situation when looking at AKL on Touring Plans Room Finder. I see only a handful of "Standard King + 1 day bed" rooms, and a lot of "Garden View 1 King bed" rooms (especially on the Zebra trail). Since the AKL booking site only lists Standard & Savannah King categories, do you think all of the Touring Plans "Garden View" king rooms are actually Savannah view?

I would love it if the answer is no. My ideal would be a partial savannah view king room. Anyone have experience with or knowledge of the king rooms at AKL?
Garden is standard

When I looked on TP room finder I found pretty much one room in the whole resort which was King Bed, a decent partial savannah room and close-ish to the bus. I have requested that room as my preferred but realistically I doubt I’ll get it. So in my fax I basically described why I wanted that room and what my preferences were in order of preference should it not be available. Obviously with the reno’s we also don’t know that they’ve kept all the King rooms as King rooms as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter