Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I see you haven’t gotten any replies - I’m no expert, but you should be at AKL by 10:30 at the latest if you are taking DME. Mara will definitely still be open, although the grill may be closed, there will be grab and go items. Likewise Victoria Falls will be open, not sure about serving food tho’. In Dec. I think the gift shop closed at 11 pm. Not sure about in room dinning.
Sorry I couldn’t be more help, hopefully some one who’s a bit more observant than I will chime in. :)

I don’t have all of the answers either but I did a couple googles...

It looks like in-room dining ends at midnight so you can get room service if nothing else. The Mara also sells wine by the bottle (check over by the bakery case) and you can get drinks, prepackaged or refrigerated snacks, and flatbreads on the late night menu until they close at 1:30 am.

Our favorite late night option at AKL is the Sanaa Lounge over at Kidani - even after Sanaa’s kitchen closes there are a limited number of lounge snacks still available to order and they are actually my favorite items there anyway (if memory serves this includes the famous bread service but for sure includes Samosas and the salad sampler). Sanaa Lounge is listed on the WDW website as closing at midnight.

Thank you so much. Clearly we can manage the Mara. I forgot they sell wine too. The lounges would be my first choice but I'm just not sure we can pull that off. I didn't even think about the Sanaa website.

Hello all - Are there DVD players in Jambo house rooms? I have not stayed there in years but seem to remember one? :confused3
It seems variable.
Some stays there has been one in the room, other times there isn't.
As noted, if you don't have one, calling housekeeping an usually get one for you.

One question

We have booked a Standart View Room. We are travelling with our 20 month old son, who will sleep in a baby bed (Crib). We want to bring our own bed. ( 48 inch long and 28 inch wide)
Are the rooms big enough,to put a babybed between or beside the queen beds?

One question

We have booked a Standart View Room. We are travelling with our 20 month old son, who will sleep in a baby bed (Crib). We want to bring our own bed. ( 48 inch long and 28 inch wide)
Are the rooms big enough,to put a babybed between or beside the queen beds?
We just stayed in a standard view room (2 queen beds) and I'm sure it would fit but it would be tight quarters. And probably block a walking path. We thought about our 30 month old using a pack n play but ended up requesting bed rails and she shared a bed. I'm wondering if a room with a king would have more space.

We just stayed in a standard view room (2 queen beds) and I'm sure it would fit but it would be tight quarters. And probably block a walking path. We thought about our 30 month old using a pack n play but ended up requesting bed rails and she shared a bed. I'm wondering if a room with a king would have more space.

There was no king room available. I hope it fits :-)

if it doesnt fit, where can we get the bed rails? At the Front Desk?

There was no king room available. I hope it fits :-)

if it doesnt fit, where can we get the bed rails? At the Front Desk?
King rooms are by request only.

Call housekeeping when you arrive to ask for bed rails. I imagine you could also ask at the front desk if you check in there and they could do that request for you.

King rooms are by request only.

Call housekeeping when you arrive to ask for bed rails. I imagine you could also ask at the front desk if you check in there and they could do that request for you.

King rooms are a bookable category.

Wow, a deluxe resort with bookable king rooms? That’s unique AFAIK with the exception of some specialty rooms and suites such as deluxe Kings at the GF, etc.... when did that start?

Not sure when it started but I know it was a bookable category in January of this year cause that’s when I booked my trip.

Can you tell me if there is enough height to store suitcases under the beds? We are going to be tight on space.
I don't think there is enough clearance under the bed. We had a standard connecting room at Jambo and there is a small alcove where the connecting door is. We put our luggage in that space against the door.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from MCO to AKL using the Magical Express? Me and my wife are going May 17-19 and our flight lands around 1:30. First time staying at AKL and we are extremely excited!!

Plus can anyone help with changing my picture? I've tried to update it but it says i'm not authorized to change.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from MCO to AKL using the Magical Express? Me and my wife are going May 17-19 and our flight lands around 1:30. First time staying at AKL and we are extremely excited!!

Plus can anyone help with changing my picture? I've tried to update it but it says i'm not authorized to change.
we always do it and i never timed it lol.. but id say about 40 minutes.. give or take... they tell you an hour it is faster then an hour i am pretty sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter