• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I think that AKL is a great resort for people of all ages. Keep in mind that you can use both pools, Kidani and Jambo, and the Kidani pool has a kids play area, it has a couple sections and I believe one is for children 4 and under so your little one may really enjoy that. There are quite a few standard rooms that have partial savanna views. I would suggest adding a request of 'partial savanna view please' to your reservation. Even if you don't get a partial savanna view there are so many viewing areas around the resort that you should have no issue enjoying the animals.

Thank you :-)

we have booked 8 nights in the AKL in June.

We stay in a standart room view, is the kudu trail the best trail to request by Fax and online Check In?

We stay in a standart room view, is the kudu trail the best trail to request by Fax and online Check In?

Unfortunately, I cannot help with this, everyone has a different opinion of what is the best area for their specific circumstances. Neither my husband nor myself really care about room location or view, we are happy wherever. If I happen to have a specific request I would call it in and have it noted on my reservation and then leave the online check in section blank so it doesn’t override anything. I would think that to get the highest likelihood of a partial savanna view that is all I would request, I would not request a specific trail as that would be more difficult for the resort to accommodate.

I think the best way is to call Disney and have them add it on your reservation. I also have Touring Plans fax a request. If online check in has the same as what you want to request then you can add that on online check in also. If not just leave it blank. Make sure your requests are the same so they dont get confused. I think online check in only has lower floor, higher floor and near the lobby. I'm not sure.

I think the best way is to call Disney and have them add it on your reservation. I also have Touring Plans fax a request. If online check in has the same as what you want to request then you can add that on online check in also. If not just leave it blank. Make sure your requests are the same so they dont get confused. I think online check in only has lower floor, higher floor and near the lobby. I'm not sure.
Have they fixed online check in? It’s been broken for a long time and it’s been even longer since they offered meaningful choices, IMO.
The reason to request Kudu trail is that all of those rooms/villas have at least a partial savanna view. I went w/ a phoned request of partial savanna view, Kudu trail, please, when I had a standard view villa last Dec. & got a nice view of part of Sunset savanna. This was a phoned request to DVC member services, since we’re DVC.

Have they fixed online check in? It’s been broken for a long time and it’s been even longer since they offered meaningful choices, IMO.
The reason to request Kudu trail is that all of those rooms/villas have at least a partial savanna view. I went w/ a phoned request of partial savanna view, Kudu trail, please, when I had a standard view villa last Dec. & got a nice view of part of Sunset savanna. This was a phoned request to DVC member services, since we’re DVC.

Yes now i can see the online check in Options, and it is really not worth it. There is only 3 options ( high, lower Floor and near Lobby). So i will send a Fax on my own, or is the Touringplan Fax the better option?

AKL or AKV Kidani? what is the biggest difference? Have a studio right now for a June trip. Not having two beds is really bothering me..LOL Daughter and her family have DVC for villas there. I do not and can stay anywhere. Just wanted to stay near them.
TIA

I'm guessing it's fixed. I can see our check in options online but I haven't checked in yet.

AKL or AKV Kidani? what is the biggest difference? Have a studio right now for a June trip. Not having two beds is really bothering me..LOL Daughter and her family have DVC for villas there. I do not and can stay anywhere. Just wanted to stay near them.
TIA

If you want two real beds book a regular room at Jambo. It's only the DVC studios that have a sofa bed. You will lose the kitchenette though.

Having the sofa bed isn't too bad, assuming you're not the one sleeping on it! It makes for a nice play to sit and watch TV and it makes the room feel bigger when not in use.

If you want two real beds book a regular room at Jambo. It's only the DVC studios that have a sofa bed. You will lose the kitchenette though.

Having the sofa bed isn't too bad, assuming you're not the one sleeping on it! It makes for a nice play to sit and watch TV and it makes the room feel bigger when not in use.
The sofa bed is the only reason we switched from a studio to a pool view. We were already fighting over who would have to sleep on the sofa bed :rotfl:

I also found the sofa bed insufferable. We stayed in one at Beach Club for one night before I was down at the front desk requesting to switch to a regular hotel room. You don't know if you don't try, but I would never do it again and it would sway me away from buying into DVC. (I'm too cheap to pay for a one bedroom, lol)

I also found the sofa bed insufferable. We stayed in one at Beach Club for one night before I was down at the front desk requesting to switch to a regular hotel room. You don't know if you don't try, but I would never do it again and it would sway me away from buying into DVC. (I'm too cheap to pay for a one bedroom, lol)
Actually to get 2 real beds you need to go to a 2 br. @ AKV, although the sleeper chair in the 1 br.s is not bad. That said, it’ll be nice if they go to those pull down beds in the villas which are supposed to be more comfortable than the sleeper sofas.

Actually to get 2 real beds you need to go to a 2 br. @ AKV, although the sleeper chair in the 1 br.s is not bad. That said, it’ll be nice if they go to those pull down beds in the villas which are supposed to be more comfortable than the sleeper sofas.
Is there talk of this happening? As happy and grateful as my daughter is to be in Disney, she reports the sleeper sofas are super uncomfortable. Are Murphy beds in our future at AKV?

Thank you all!! I will be changing rooms today...

I looked at the 2 bdrm for a brief second:rotfl2:

Is there talk of this happening? As happy and grateful as my daughter is to be in Disney, she reports the sleeper sofas are super uncomfortable. Are Murphy beds in our future at AKV?
The rumor is that they’ll be added at the next hard goods refurb at each of the DVC resorts. AKV isn’t scheduled for a major refurb in the near future, so I’m not holding my breath waiting.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/murphy-beds-to-replace-sofa-beds-at-dvc-resorts.3724633/

Yes now i can see the online check in Options, and it is really not worth it. There is only 3 options ( high, lower Floor and near Lobby). So i will send a Fax on my own, or is the Touringplan Fax the better option?

Would you request ( with a standart view room booking) a special room or trail? Or would you only request that you would love to see animals?

Would you request ( with a standard view room booking) a special room or trail? Or would you only request that you would love to see animals?
....you're pretty much going to see SOME animals regardless of the trail you're on... personally, I'd request "near lobby", "near pool", "near buses", that type of thing...

....you're pretty much going to see SOME animals regardless of the trail you're on... personally, I'd request "near lobby", "near pool", "near buses", that type of thing...

i think when i request near lobby, the chance to get a parking lot view is very high. we are fine with some walking to the busses or pool if we get a good view :-)

in the online check in there are only 3 preferences, i will choose Upper Floor as request 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter