Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Is there a list or visual chart of all the different animals that you can see in the Savannah? I think my kids would like to do a bit of a sightseeing scavenger hunt, if there is something like that.

We had a list with photos in our room. (actually more like drawings of the animals than actual photos)

I have a question regarding our reservation. We rented DVC points and are booked at AKL in a 1 bedroom suite w/ savanna view. Are all 1 bedrooms at AKL club level?
No you will not be in club. Are you in Jambo or Kidani? They are separate bookable categories. The DVC categories at Jambo are club, savanna view, standard view and value. Your category is ‘savanna view’ so you will get a 1 br. villa on the 5th floor facing one of the savannas if you are booked in Jambo. If your rental says Kidani the DVC categories are savanna view or standard view, thus if you are in the Kidani building, you could be on any floor and facing either Sunset or Pembe savanna.

Do these look like the coffee packets that I'll need when staying at AKL (not in a DVC studio)? I know that housekeeping will provide, but I'd like to bring our own! :coffee:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Melitta-...66001f5-f3b573d4-f2e59d25f2e49704&athena=true

It's hard to tell the size but it is definitely the right shape. Worth a shot for that price, I think!

Edited to ask: when is your trip? I know AKL is scheduled for some refurbs and I don't know whether they are changing coffee makers but they have been putting in keurigs at some resorts.

We had a list with photos in our room. (actually more like drawings of the animals than actual photos)

I'd also recommend, if you have time, chatting with some of the CM's stationed at the animal viewing areas (at Jambo, near the fire pit or around to the left of the pool area)--they are generally very knowledgable about the animals and also will be able to tell you which animals on the list can be seen on which savannas, which can be confusing :)

It's hard to tell the size but it is definitely the right shape. Worth a shot for that price, I think!

Edited to ask: when is your trip? I know AKL is scheduled for some refurbs and I don't know whether they are changing coffee makers but they have been putting in keurigs at some resorts.
When GS called me after I sent an email about the refurbs I suggested putting Keurig coffee machines in the rooms. I knew they added them to YC and he said he appreciated the feedback...for what its worth. I bring my mini Keurig because I don't like pods and don't trust the pod machines to be clean.

Sorry if this has been asked, I did a search and didn't come up with anything. Are you able to buy a case of water from the gift shop and if so does anyone remember how much?

My sister in law is coming down next week and the only thing they really need is water, she is hoping to not have to get a grocery order..

Sorry if this has been asked, I did a search and didn't come up with anything. Are you able to buy a case of water from the gift shop and if so does anyone remember how much?

My sister in law is coming down next week and the only thing they really need is water, she is hoping to not have to get a grocery order..

Not full cases, but they have 8-packs of 12oz bottles of Dasani for $3.99 each.

We'll be at AKL August 22-28. My FastPass window opens on Saturday. I can't wait!!

They don't seem to care one bit. Why not make pool renovations in January/February when it is a bit colder in Florida and wouldn't be at a very busy time of year.
AGREED, but practical sense doesn't seem to register with Disney:laughing:. NOT TOO SMART, Disney Planning Team!o_O:(

We will be staying at AKL Jambo next April 2019... can someone tell me which Savannah is best for viewing giraffes?
This is a special trip I am doing for my sister and am trying to figure out what my room requests should be. Staying at AKL is a dream come true and probably a once in a lifetime trip so I am trying to get everything right. :) Any help with room requests would be greatly appreciated.

We just had an amazing stay at AKL. We paid for standard, I sent a room request via touring plans, just requesting upper floor and Zebra trail. I got exactly what I requested with just one of those people pens and a great view of a variety of animals from our balcony every day. I am SO glad that we didn't pay for Savannah view.

Zero issues with parking (we booked back in December) Really great customer service at the check-in desk and we stopped there several times for different questions or needs. Room was clean, beds comfortable.

We didn't have housekeeping every day but on the days when they did a security check, they called first and asked when a convenient time to stop by would be. On our last full day we did get a knock on the door and we told them that the kids were napping and they said they would come back later. The second woman who came back was very odd... walked in the room and said she needed to make sure the lights were working (??) But other than that last day, they were very respectful.
this is going to be very weird having them knock on our door while we are on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter