Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Hey Brandi...Was wondering if you can add me to the list....It isn't AKV/L on this trip, but hoping for a return in the fall.
We're staying 7/27-7/31 CCV & 7/31-8/4 PVB Thank you.
August

Jfsag123, Jul30th - 2nd, AKV Jambo

DizDaD7, Jul 31st - 4th PVB

Staying at Jambo House 7/24 -8/1 and so excited. Renting DVC points for a standard studio. Can anybody tell me which stop (generally) AKL is from MCO? I know it can vary some but I am hearing it is the 3rd stop after CSR and POP? Trying to plan the arrival day and ADR's.
July

DisneyDiana, 1st - 8th, Jambo

MagicAddict123, 24th - Aug 1st, AKL Jambo

DizDaD7, 27th - 31st, CCV

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2018 & 2019

If you have any updates please let me know…

January

Hosler427, 17th - 27th, Kidani

Cando86, 20th - 27th, Kidani

The Lucky Bug, 21st - 27th, AKV

Frankie Vivian, 27th - Feb 3rd, Kidani

Sophie832, 28th - Feb 2nd, AKL

February

RedK, 3rd - 10th, AKL

RachelTori, 3rd - 9th, CL Jambo

Brandilla, 3rd - 10th, AKL

HolRae, 5th - 9th, CL Jambo

MaizeRage25, 10th - 11th, Jambo

Dug720, 18th - 23rd, AKL

Mousemommy1, 26th - Mar 2nd, AKL

March

Momfoaj, Feb 28th - 5th

Glam, 2nd - 7th, AKL

Cantoine, 12th - 17th, Jambo

MeeskaMooska13, 27th - Apr 2nd, AKL

April

Lovethesun12, Mar 30th - 8th, Kidani

Wdw4rfam, 8th - 13th, AKL

Mernin, 8th -15th, AKL

L_MD, 13th - 16th, AKL

CeruleanMoon, 21st - 28th, Jambo

NightAngelX, 22nd - 28th, AKL

MissNurse, 25th - May 1st, AKL

May

Imacmama, 7th - 15th, AKL

Ah10is, 12th - 19th, Kidani

Metz172, 29th - 31st, AKL

Disnmooner2013, 29th - Jun 5th, Jambo

June

Disnmooner2013, May 30th 0 5th, AKL CL

Corn princess, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Bwbuddy5, 3rd - 9th, Kidani

Ekendall2, 3rd - 9th, Jambo

July

DisneyDiana, 1st - 8th, Jambo

MagicAddict123, 24th - Aug 1st, AKL Jambo

DizDaD7, 27th - 31st, CCV

August

Jfsag123, Jul30th - 2nd, AKV Jambo

DizDaD7, Jul 31st - 4th PVB

September

Margievis, Aug 31st - 4th, AKL

Anneboleyn, 3rd - 8th, Jambo House

Somnia, 9th - 14th, Kidani

TandCmum, 15th - , AKL

October

November

Sndral, 25th - Dec 6th, AKV Jambo

December

Harambe, 6th - 13th, AKL

Subset7132, 7th - 15th, AKL

AKL has never been first when I’ve ridden DME, in fact it’s always been last for me. Usually the bus stops at some combination of the Allstars/POP/AOA then CSR. Sometimes CBR. One particularly memorable DME ride we stopped at every budget resort, CSR and CBR so we were the 7th stop and the couple going to Kidani was the 8th. After that ride I don’t make any firm plans based on DME arrival estimates.
These days when I hop on DME I always wonder will this be the ride where AKL is first like some lucky people have experienced, so far it’s not happened for me.

It has never happened for me either in over 15 trips on ME to AKL. Although now, I am just going to be thankful that we have always been either the 3rd or 4th stop, and not the 7th or 8th, yikes!

It has never happened for me either in over 15 trips on ME to AKL. Although now, I am just going to be thankful that we have always been either the 3rd or 4th stop, and not the 7th or 8th, yikes!

In Nov this past year we were 2nd but it only stopped at Coranado and then AKL so 2nd but last

I did the Wanyama Safari in September 2016, and I loved it! There were only 6 of us on my safari.

Before the safari, we were in a private room in Jiko, where they served us Roobios tea, ice water, raisin scones (excellent), chocolate cups with coffee mousse (divine), olive bread with harissa, raita, and mango chutney; and beef sausage (very tasty).

Dinner after the safari was phenomenal. We started with an African sunrise cocktail, then 3 types of bread and 4 dipping sauces, then a trio of Boma salad and a veggie spring roll and a bison spring roll. That was served with a white wine, from The Game Preserve. Then the main course was served family-style - the most tender short rib, halibut with this buttery sauce, breaded chicken (my least favorite), roasted veggies (yummy), Mac and cheese (so good), faro (just okay). Red wine was served with dinner - Cab Sav of The Game Preserve - it was good. Dessert trio: strawberry shortcake, chocolate mousse, and a buttery cake soaked in rum. And a sweet dessert wine. We were given a little gift bag at the end with chocolate and a Wanyama Safari pin.
Is it a big step on to the vehicle?

Can anyone tell me if there is a lounge/bar with tv’s? Hub wants to watch the Super Bowl and would rather not be alone in the room or crammed in ESPN with all those people during flu season.

Yes there is! Victoria Falls Lounge on the 2nd floor (it overlooks Boma). I know for sure there's a TV right at the bar, because I sat there one Saturday night and watched a college football game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter