Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just got moved from Jambo to Kidani. Question please, are there laundry rooms here since I don’t have it in my room?? I don’t want to walk to Jambo house. Also I just called Prime Now and was informed that they are delivering groceries

Just got moved from Jambo to Kidani. Question please, are there laundry rooms here since I don’t have it in my room?? I don’t want to walk to Jambo house. Also I just called Prime Now and was informed that they are delivering groceries
I found this FAQ helpful: https://dvcfan.com/2020/06/25/disney-vacation-club-answers-reopening-faqs/
Q: Will grocery delivery be allowed?
Yes – Members are still allowed to order groceries; however, these will need to be picked up at your resorts merchandise location.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/Under resort services: Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services is temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry is available
**Kidani has 24 hour self service laundry rooms, but not sure if they are going to be restricted in any way, either in hours or capacity.

I found this FAQ helpful: https://dvcfan.com/2020/06/25/disney-vacation-club-answers-reopening-faqs/
Yes – Members are still allowed to order groceries; however, these will need to be picked up at your resorts merchandise location.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/Under resort services: Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services is temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry is available
**Kidani has 24 hour self service laundry rooms, but not sure if they are going to be restricted in any way, either in hours or capacity.

One of the blogs (Disney Food Blog I think?) had a "tour" of one of the resorts- SSR. They showed one of the laundry facilities there operational as usual. I would assume that would be the case for all the DVC resorts.

I just posted this on the big update thread. So confusing!
I read reports that groceries were going to be allowed to be delivered, yeah! And I read this, double yeah!: https://dvcfan.com/2020/06/25/disney-vacation-club-answers-reopening-faqs/

But then I talked to MS for DVC and he said that they would only take sealed box for incoming shipments. He said you could order groceries from their marketplace, but you would have to pick them up, they wouldn't be delivered. He specifically said no third party grocery services. But others have said they saw on social media that grocery deliveries were happening again. Guess I will just have to watch for posts from people who are there.
**Their FAQ might technically be correct, but limited to their marketplace grocery service.

Jambo has been removed from the list of resorts opening on July 10.

Jambo DVC obviously?

So.... does this mean the Jambo lobby will or won't be open? And what about the Jambo pool?

Jambo DVC obviously?

So.... does this mean the Jambo lobby will or won't be open? And what about the Jambo pool?
Yes, Jambo DVC villas. I don't think anything will be open until the whole resort opens, based on the conversation I had with MS this morning. I posted this on the Jambo thread:

I talked to MS and he first said he was told Jambo was opening July 1. I told him it disappeared from the website (he didn't know), and so he reached out to a manager. Then he said they don't know what date it will open the DVC villas, that Jambo House is owned by Walt Disney Travel and DVC only rents a couple floors from them. They need a decision from Walt Disney Travel on Jambo House. I asked then if that means that the hotel side would open at the same time as DVC rooms, and he thought so. He offered to help me change or cancel, but said if I really want Jambo I should hang on. No idea when they would know, but said MS would contact us by 7 days before arrival if we had to move or cancel. He said they are currently working on reservations before July 1.

Jambo DVC obviously?

The previous list had only the DVC portion of Jambo opening on July 10, not the main hotel itself, and there was discussion that they would not open the pool for just that small number of guests and Jambo guests could go over to Kidani to use the pool. If no part of Jambo is opening, then I don’t think the lobby would be open. Since none of their sit down restaurants are opening, there’s no way to visit the resort as a day guest because you need an ADR.

I have a Kidani question: does Sanaa offer breakfast QS? I have seen some information on the internet but I am not sure what to expect?? Also, if they were to allow the refillable mugs, does Kidani have this feature? One more question, with the Sanaa set up, I understand it is not QS but with the Covid and social distancing, do you think they would allow me to take my food to the room and eat it there?? thank you for all your help

I have a Kidani question: does Sanaa offer breakfast QS? I have seen some information on the internet but I am not sure what to expect?? Also, if they were to allow the refillable mugs, does Kidani have this feature? One more question, with the Sanaa set up, I understand it is not QS but with the Covid and social distancing, do you think they would allow me to take my food to the room and eat it there?? thank you for all your help

On the wdw website they list:

Sanaa
Kidani Breakfast at Sanaa

In normal pre-covid times, Sanaa had a QS breakfast; they had some grab and go items, and for other items (including a cooked breakfast menu) you ordered from a CM stationed at the bar, they gave you a number and you went and chose a table and then they brought out a tray with your food. I believe you could also get it packaged to go. We quite enjoyed the food when we had breakfast there in December.

On the DVC website today, it has the following message stating that Jambo will open on July 10th as planned. I really don’t understand why they have such an issue with consistency. It’s impossible to even try to understand a fraction of what is actually going on with this resort.

All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located

On the DVC website today, it has the following message stating that Jambo will open on July 10th as planned. I really don’t understand why they have such an issue with consistency. It’s impossible to even try to understand a fraction of what is actually going on with this resort.

All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located
I would love it if they would open Mara. I would definitely take the nice stroll for food each night. I guess it is off to DS each night. I could just go from park to DS, grab food, head back to Kidani and just relax!!!

I would love it if they would open Mara. I would definitely take the nice stroll for food each night. I guess it is off to DS each night. I could just go from park to DS, grab food, head back to Kidani and just relax!!!
The parks close earlier than usual, so definitely a possibility. Although you might find yourself with a lot of company on the bus doing the same thing :)

I had a resort only reservation at Jambo. I finally got through last night (3:45 min) on an issue for a different trip so I asked about the one at Jambo I had. My dates are October 17 through October 25th CM said nope that resort is definitely closed we can move you to Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek. I said I’m not interested in staying in a villa she then offered me Beach Club at the same price protection. Price protection Must be their new key phrase because she kept saying it over and over and over. She said any other resort change I would have to pay the difference. The ironic part is that I was booted from the BC for my August trip. My original rate at animal Kingdom Lodge may have been an annual pass discount it’s been so long and so much and so confusing I can’t even remember. But she definitely stated AKL Jambo would be closed for those dates. That being said she also tried to tell me that if I renew my annual pass the renewal date doesn’t start until my next visit to a parkI had to educate her on that LOL.

I had a resort only reservation at Jambo. I finally got through last night (3:45 min) on an issue for a different trip so I asked about the one at Jambo I had. My dates are October 17 through October 25th CM said nope that resort is definitely closed we can move you to Boulder Ridge or Copper Creek. I said I’m not interested in staying in a villa she then offered me Beach Club at the same price protection. Price protection Must be their new key phrase because she kept saying it over and over and over. She said any other resort change I would have to pay the difference. The ironic part is that I was booted from the BC for my August trip. My original rate at animal Kingdom Lodge may have been an annual pass discount it’s been so long and so much and so confusing I can’t even remember. But she definitely stated AKL Jambo would be closed for those dates. That being said she also tried to tell me that if I renew my annual pass the renewal date doesn’t start until my next visit to a parkI had to educate her on that LOL.

not surprisingly I got a different report from the CM I talked to, who said I could wait to change because it might open before my September trip. Eyeroll! I’m already at beach club for my first part and copper creek for my third so I hope they will move me to Kidani or something else if needed

So what do you all think: is it better to just wait and see if AKL opens up or is it better to call Disney and be proactive in switching resorts?

Obviously I don’t want to stay anywhere else, but I’d hate to see on MDE that they suddenly our resort had been changed.

So what do you all think: is it better to just wait and see if AKL opens up or is it better to call Disney and be proactive in switching resorts?

Obviously I don’t want to stay anywhere else, but I’d hate to see on MDE that they suddenly our resort had been changed.
By what's stated on the Disney website, you can wait up to 7 days before your arrival date to make any changes before it's automatically canceled. It won't automatically change on MDE - it would just be canceled. If you're not in a rush, I'd wait, or at least wait until the phone lines stop being so crazy! Just keep in mind, if you want Kidani instead of AKL, it might fill up so it'd be better to call sooner.

Where is the nearest car rental company to AKL, other than the airport (they are out of the size we want for our trip)? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter